shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to cruise port

suer182

Forum Manager
The airport and cruise port are real close. The cruise line will offer a shuttle but you will pay for it. With 4 people, 2 taxis might be easier. What time does your plane land in Fort Lauderdale? Did you book your air privately or through Royal Caribbean?

yhass

Youth Counselor
We arrive 2 days before the cruise and will probably rent a car for these 2 days. Can we return a rented car at the cruise port?

suer182

Forum Manager
Many of the car rental agencies have an office where you can drop off the car and will shuttle you to the cruise port for free. Who did you rent your car from? Also, what hotel are you staying at? One option is dropping off the car the night before the cruise, if the hotel has a free shuttle to the cruise port or even take a taxi to the port. Some of the hotels charge for parking.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Just leave the car at the corner of Eller and SE 14 th with the keys in it, I'll see that it is taken care of..............

yhass

Youth Counselor
We haven't decided on the rental company yet. We'll probably stay at the Doubletree at Sawgrass.
And Bob, if you'll invite us for BBQ on 4th of July, we'll gladly leave the car by you (or just bring you something nice from our lovely country).

suer182

Forum Manager
yhass, trust me, you do NOT trust bOB in any shape or form !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budget has an office that will shuttle you to the cruise port.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUAY CENTER - F07
1515 SE 17TH STREET SUITE 117
FT.LAUDERDALE, FL 33316 US
[/FONT]

iluvcruzin

Staff Captain
Go with Budget rental. They let you pick up the car at the airport and have a drop off location near the port. They offer a free shuttle to the ship from the 17th street location. What we did is drop off the luggage first at the port and then returned the car. It was easier for us that way.

Most of the other rental agencies do not have a shuttle from the airport to the ship. That would be at your own expense.

Shop around for a good discount code. Retailmenot is a good site for finding coupon codes.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
We haven't decided on the rental company yet. We'll probably stay at the Doubletree at Sawgrass.
And Bob, if you'll invite us for BBQ on 4th of July, we'll gladly leave the car by you (or just bring you something nice from our lovely country).

OK your invited, I live in Reno Nevada, let me know..............
Oh and just leave the car, I can't handle another Matzo Ball :loungelizaed:

MisterD21

If you take me serious, it's your problem
hahaha..... for a minute there i was thinking maybe bob was pimping jethros limo service again..... as suer182 stated..... BOB IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.... especially if he points you in the direction of jethro's limo service. however, bob is definitely good for comedic entertainment.... just at a safe distance.

mimi-57

Hi, we did the reverse of what you want to do. We took a very short cab ride to a Rental Car Agency right outside one of the Port Gates, as far as a free shuttle pick up or drop off we did not enquire as I was pressed for time so they may have Shuttle service available. The rates were pretty reasonable at the time (April 2013). I would imagine that you could pick up the car at airport & then drop it off at the Port Location.
We went to Thrifty/Dollar Rental Agency at 2400 South Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: (954) 463-2958

Returning was not a huge problem as we rented the car & dropped it off later in the week at Miami Intl.

We also stayed near the Sawgrass Mills Mall but usually stay at the Dolphin Mall in Miami, we wanted to try a different location. After doing so our own experience was that we liked the Dolphin Mall far better in Miami. We felt that the Dolphin Mall was much easier to navigate, stores, entertainment, food choices (besides food court) were great as well as the Hotel is literally in the Mall Parking Lot. We just rolled out of bed & rolled right into the Mall pretty much LOL.

Hope this helps a little, enjoy, have fun, & most of all be safe.