Should the CDC allow US Cruising to resume with CLIA's New Mandatory Health protocols?

Bazz100

Deck Crew
Just two days to go until the current (already extended from 15 Sep to 30 Sep) No Sail Order ends. CDC should not renew or further extend this order. Protocols put forward by RCL and Norwegian and endorsed by the CLIA should be adequate to satisfy CDCs concerns that the industry is ready and equipped to sail again. In truth there will not be much cruising happening until the second quarter 2021 with most cruise lines having already amended their schedules and the needs to get crews back and protocols implemented, Cruising has already started in a small way in Europe and elsewhere the US should open up too now. It is unfair and unreasonable to allow airlines to fly but not cruise ships to sail. We are booked on QM2s first TA on 19 April when she resume and I do hope she sails we had the Dec one cancelled.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Just two days to go until the current (already extended from 15 Sep to 30 Sep) No Sail Order ends. CDC should not renew or further extend this order. Protocols put forward by RCL and Norwegian and endorsed by the CLIA should be adequate to satisfy CDCs concerns that the industry is ready and equipped to sail again. In truth there will not be much cruising happening until the second quarter 2021 with most cruise lines having already amended their schedules and the needs to get crews back and protocols implemented, Cruising has already started in a small way in Europe and elsewhere the US should open up too now. It is unfair and unreasonable to allow airlines to fly but not cruise ships to sail. We are booked on QM2s first TA on 19 April when she resume and I do hope she sails we had the Dec one cancelled.
Hi @Bazz100 , Thank you joining our community. It is a pleasure to have you here. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Oceangirl

Waiter
Due to being 64 with underlying health issues, we will wait until ships have been cruising for 6 months with no issues from Covid!!! This one could actually kill me :( But I must say I am in withdrawals from not being able to cruise!!!

Suzanne Mu

My DH and I are 79 & 75 respectively, and he has several underlying issues. We had to cancel our March 15, 2020 cruise(the shutdown happened the previous day), and are re-booked for Jan. 2. However, we agree that we won’t go without a vaccine. Luckily, we can cancel up to 48 hours prior, so we will wait and see. If that happens, we are booked on the same cruise in May. Waiting to see how the first cruises make out. Does anyone know when they will start in US, or is it still up in the air? Have heard of some in Europe without incident; is that true? Let’s pray for a vaccine soon.

Katiecat

Deck Crew
We have a B2B cruise booked starting Jan 16 on the NCL Escape.
That said I'm not sure even today If we can go!
First of all I'm Canadian, they already cancelled one part of our plane ticket can't get out of the Maritimes on west jet flights to get to Toronto now. Air Canada will fly us but already have $1200 tied up in credits with West Jet.
Second after our two week cruise we have to isolate two more weeks after retuning home.
Thirdly If they want me to wear a mask on the outside parts of the ship, I'm done trying to figure out all my ways to go.
I'm probably out this winter but I haven't accepted it yet!
Ship always where cleaner than anywhere I've ever travelled and I feel terrible they got such a bad rap over this covid 19 mess.