Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
PAT: FANTASTIC POST girl!
We go to the Lake cottage on MONDAY. And I better remember the beans. I bet my recipe is a lot like Jimmy's with the exception of the smoked brisket. I brown up a pound of ground round in my bean recipe.
And I always make sure to save a little for Art and I to have at another time. Ha Ha.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Sounds like we should have done a "bunny" skype call this morning, I woke up about 5:30 and never went back to sleep, so I got up around 6, add in the fact I didn't sleep well before that & it's going to be a LONG day.
Got the flower bed at Shirley's all weeded, going to go back this evening & trim up an azalea bush for her & level out the flower bed area. Next week I will go back & plant a few things for her & spread some mulch. This is a good way to get some of my plants thinned out without having to toss them away
Need to head to the store in a bit, they are having a cookout here on monday & I need to get a no bake cheesecake mix. catch up with you all later

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Thought I’d check in before we head to Viewpointe Winery for our Margaritaville themed event. It sure is going to be nice right on the water!
I was up at 5:30 am as well. That’s pretty usual for me.
I’m driving this afternoon so like Kathie and her car I tidied up the van. It makes sense for one person to drive when there’s six of us all going and we l a few blocks from each other.
Does one need to order ahead for Jimmy’s beans Pat? They sound so danged good.
I sure hope that some of the residents don’t take advantage of your kindness and services Karen.
I think the realtors can get more if they advertise an ”ensuite“ instead of a bathroom off the master Dave.
Jumpin’…I best get my behind in gear here.
Hi to the rest and a very good day to your all.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Lobster event went well today. About 90 residents were present and everyone seemed to have a very good time. No lobster or steamers for me and at our table, I believe that Rita was the sole person to have one. Plenty of hot dogs, cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, potato salad etc. for the rest of us and cupcakes and peach shortcake for dessert. I'm not a big fan of lobster- a lot of work for relatively little reward to my mind but the event cost $12(if you had a lobster) and free otherwise, so how could we go wrong.
More thunderstorms in the forecast and as they move eastward, we might be visited by one in the next few hours.
Not sure why, but I have been thinking all day it was Sunday, so I expect I will be totally confused by the time we get to Tuesday (especially since this Tuesday there won't be a cribbage match.
BB, Has Bert ever been diagnosed with sleep apnea? Sounds like a CPAP machine might be helpful. Kevin has one and it works very well. I used to snore very loudly, but that seemed to stop after I got a stent years ago.
Received our property tax bill for the next two quarters of the fiscal year and
unexpectedly and inexplicably, it is about $68 less per quarter than last year's.
It is a "preliminary"bill, so if there is a mistake, I have no doubt the town will realize it and correct it, but it is at least a small plus.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Negc: I saw on the evening news that STORMS were going EASTWARD. Hope you don't get too much. We could use a 20 min rain to water the lawns around here.
I did water my new area that I seeded and my flowers, but haven't turned on the grass sprinklers as of yet. It's still green!

I too am feeling like it's either Sunday or the ACTUAL 4th of July today. Hardly any cars on the road. I could EASILY make a LEFT hand turn out of our sub today. That doesn't happen very often lately. I'll have to look at my cell phone to know just what day it is. :eek: :oops:

It's very pleasant outside. And Lee & Lu-Ann looked like they were having a good time at the outdoor concert that I saw on Facebook. Perfect night for it.

I was a good WIFE and took Art's car up to our Kroger gas station and used my Fuel points and got his tank filled for $4.25 a gallon. It still cost a whopping $54 bucks. CRAZY. I just don't know how people who have to travel back and forth to work everyday or even UP NORTH to their cottages do it. :oops:

I'm off to put my feet up and relax a little.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Nothing wrong, but I'm feeling extremely tired this morning.

Soooo, I'm going back to bed.

Just wanted to get on here, and wish all you Bunnies a Good-Morning. And wishing you a fine day.

A’Burg Guy

And a very good Sunday to you Dave as well as to the rest of you.
Any time you’d like to fill our vehicle with your points just say the word Kathie! I filled the van yesterday and even with gas dropping 10 cents a litre it still ran me $90.00! Yes, it was a perfect afternoon / evening to sit by the water, enjoy a glass(es) of wine and listen to Jimmy Buffett type music. Brian Neale, the singer, remembered us from when he played for our Parrothead group in Kitchener and came over to say “hi”.
We find, like you Bill, that lobster is “labour intensive”. Plus, if it’s not done right it can tend to be a little rubbery. Our property taxes which arrived in Thursday’s mail have gone up (there’s a surprise - not) by about $120.00 this year.
I used those Breathe Right strips (or what ever they are called) across the bridge of my nose to deal with my snoring. It didn’t seem to take but losing a couple of pounds of extra weight to stop the snoring.
I keep expecting to see you working next door Karen. The young folks have decided to add a front garden. Luke dug in the border, covered the grass with landscape fabric and put down peat moss and top soil. He’s a farm boy so I reckon he knows what he’s doing. I suspect Morganne has picked out the plants and they’ll go in today.
All of you have a good, safe Sunday. With many minds wandering and pondering July 4th, watch out for the other guy.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good Sunday morning, managed to sleep in till 7 & stayed in bed till nearly 8, I needed it!

Finished work in Miss Shirley's back patio area & cleaned up the front walk area. will go back Wed. evening to plant & mulch the back area. And then I am done with anymore big projects, it's just to hot! Even when I wait till the evening or it's over cast it's just so humid. I feel bad cause I know these old people can't do the work themselves, but it's just going to have to wait till fall.
No plans for today other than a little puttering in my back patio & probably some pool time with my sisters
Pat, I've been surprised at how few fireworks I've heard around here too, there are sure enough tents set up.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! 63F and partly cloudy right now. It's a welcome relief. But the temps will rise slowly as the day goes on.

DAVE......enjoy your REST. Sometimes we just need to listen to our bodies and take a break.

Now about all the FIREWORKS around here. NONE last night after 10pm were in the SKY and pretty to look at from afar! Instead, some LOON or NUT CASE popped off the SINGLE LOUD BLAST every 10 mins. Then the person waited at least 20 mins, right when you felt like you were sleeping and POPPED off another 1 or 2 of the NOISE BOMBS. This spacing of noise went on for hours! I actually got up and put on my hoodie and walked outside to see if it was the young man 2 doors from our house. NOPE it wasn't Jacob this time. It had to be on the block behind us and the sound just traveled as if it were next door. Lord help us the next few days!

Because of the huge contractor's truck parked in our driveway I just won't be able to safely pull my car into the garage the next few nights. So, we move onto plan 2. Our next door neighbor is away UP NORTH until Monday afternoon. Art is watching feeding his cats while he is gone. We have his garage door opener. I will be parking my car in HIS garage as of tonight. His name is "ART" too and we know he won't have a problem with us doing that. Problem solved.

LEE: YIKES on your gas fill up expense. Time to get on a bike or just spend more time at home! That's about as bad as the costs in California now. If our dear TONY was around I'm sure he'd be sharing the price of their expensive gas with us. MISS THAT GUY ALL THE TIME. Still hard to believe that he's gone from us.

Negc: Did you get any of that RAIN that was predicted to come your way?

Pat: How are your Orchids doing these days? I hope you haven't neglected them. You had some real beauties on that Lanai of yours.

Karen: Are your muscles sore from all your weeding and planting? I think it's really neat that you're thinning out your garden plants and moving them over to one of the "sisters" yard. You're always so clever when it comes to saving things from just getting thrown out.
How fun that your condo group is going to have a cook-out on Monday. Or was that just a cook-out for you and Jane & Barb?
How has Wendy been doing lately? Where does she live these days? Not sure if she moved or not.

Well, guess who posted while I've been blabbering on.........KAREN. Ha Ha. Have a good day girl.

I'm out of here for now. Not doing much of anything. Hope to get a bike ride in around the neighborhood since it's cooler outside. BE SAFE my dear friends and come back and share your day with us.

happy girl GIF

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. We had a good day yesterday. Jennifer, Bruce, Max Nick and myself spent most of the afternoon at the pool, we were surprised that we actually found a table with an umbrella, of course it only had 2 chairs, but after quite a while we took one that was ours from the table next to us and two from the other table next to us. For dinner our niece's husband fixed rib eye steaks, he loves to sous vid any meat so he did that, it took about 3 hours in the sous vid then he put each steak in a cast iron pan to brown up. I took the first steak and it was almost completely well done and I like my steaks medium rare, so then tried the second one and it seemed fine, well less than half way thru it started getting more and more cooked and tough, so much sous vid making steaks nice and tender. He also baked huge potatoes for everyone.

Today we are meeting all of them at Casa Amigos for lunch then will head to the condo for the rest of the day.

Our niece told us that it was found that T Mobile had hijacked brother-in-laws number and now they and ATT are arguing over who gets the number, well Robert wants it back as he has had that number for well over 20 years.

All have a great day.

A’Burg Guy

And a very good Sunday to you Dave as well as to the rest of you.
Any time you’d like to fill our vehicle with your points just say the word Kathie! I filled the van yesterday and even with gas dropping 10 cents a litre it still ran me $90.00! Yes, it was a perfect afternoon / evening to sit by the water, enjoy a glass(es) of wine and listen to Jimmy Buffett type music. Brian Neale, the singer, remembered us from when he played for our Parrothead group in Kitchener and came over to say “hi”. Our group hung together. The event wasn’t crowded so masks were only in evidence in the food and beverage lines.
We find, like you Bill, that lobster is “labour intensive”. Plus, if it’s not done right it can tend to be a little rubbery. Our property taxes which arrived in Thursday’s mail have gone up (there’s a surprise - not) by about $120.00 this year.
I used those Breathe Right strips (or what ever they are called) across the bridge of my nose to deal with my snoring. It didn’t seem to take but losing a couple of pounds of extra weight to stop the snoring.
I keep expecting to see you working next door Karen. The young folks have decided to add a front garden. Luke dug in the border, covered the grass with landscape fabric and put down peat moss and top soil. He’s a farm boy so I reckon he knows what he’s doing.
All of you have a good, safe Sunday. With many minds wandering and pondering July 4th, watch out for the other guy.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Happy 4th of July!

Hoping that all of you Bunnies have a dandy day. Whether you're doing a lot, or just a little. We're not going out to see a professional fireworks display tonight, just watching CNN where they'll be showing fireworks in various cities.

For the past week we've sure heard a ton of fireworks being blown off nearby. Some of you have mentioned that this year you've heard less. Here, it has been greatly increased because earlier this year the the State of Ohio legalized shooting off fireworks on some holidays. Up till now you could buy fireworks here, but you couldn't shoot them off in this state. You had to sign a paper that you were taking them out of the state. Yea, like that worked. But now it's LEGAL to blow them off in your back yard.

So we'll be hearing the booming till everyone finally uses up their stash. Probably about another week.

Stay safe everybody. Eat up, bring out the bottle, and have a ball.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
HAPPY 4th of July. We will be going to the condo in a bit for the day.

All have a great day.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good Sunday afternoon from Pat the Putz! Well, I did it again ... I told you I was awake from 3 AM yesterday morning. I was busy all day cooking and blanching & cutting up peaches. Then M&J and the kids came over for dinner and Jennifer's birthday cake. I reall busy, tiring day. I ended up falling asleep on my wonderful new chair. Bert came and woke me up to go to bed. I got up and started towards the bedroom, but had to stop as the O2 line was caught somewhere. While Bert was freeing it, I must have dozed back to sleep standing there and BOOM! next thing I knew, I was flat on my back on the tile floor! Bert couldn't lift me up himself, so he called Missy for either her or Jimmy to come help Bert. Missy came, even though she had to go to work today. They got me up and I sat down for a few minutes.
I knew right away that I was going to be in major pain, as I felt it moving in right away. . I was right. My butt is killing me! It hurts like he!! when I get up or sit down. This is a real bummer as I still have to finish the potato salad and blanch the rest of the peaches. I even needed Bert to help me out of bed this morning. I think I'm going to have him put some Aspircreme with Lidocane on my butt. That should give him a cheap thrill!! LOL

Lee - Sounds like you had a great time at the concert at the winery. Loved the pictures on Facebook. Ouch! is all I can say about your gas prices. Ours is $4.47 at some places right now.

Dave - Glad you went back to bed this morning. I hope the extra sleep did you a world of good.

Karen - Good idea to back off all these projects helping others. It's too hot and humid to be doing that every day right now.

Kathie - My orchids are really suffering in this heat this year. I also think Bert isn't giving them enough water these days. Having the same problem with my herb garden. I told him they need more water, but he's still giving them the same amount. At least 3 plants have died and most of the rest don't look so great. Missy has the same planter and her plants are thriving with lots of water, as they are supposed to get.

Bill - Glad you had a great community gathering, even if you don't like lobster.

Well, I thought I finished this post yesterday, but obviously, I didn't, so here goes today ...

Happy 4th of July, gang! I'm still hurting, but not as much as yesterday. Mostly hurts when I sit down or get up. It's still going to be a long day. Never made the potato salad nor blanched the peaches.

Dave - I spoke too soon about there being no fireworks yet. Last night someone was setting off all sorts of stuff for a couple of hours. They sure had a lot of money to burn. I really like fireworks, but to keep setting st uff off after 11 o'clock was too much and even I was getting pi$$ed. Thank goodness they finally quit by 11:15 because that's when we went to bed. For sure, they will be getting a violation letter!

I need to see what time M&J are coming over, so I know when to start the ribs. That's a 3 hour project.

Nothing else new around here, so I'm going to get this posted before I forgey again. Have a wonderful day, no matter what you are doing.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
HAPPY 4th OF JULY

Pat, yikes, you are one lucky lady to have not broken something serious with these tumbles you been taking!! Sure hope you feel better soon.

Dave, we had a few more fireworks going off here last night, but only for about 20 mins or so. Definitely not like other years. They get around selling them here by having you sign a form they are for "agricultural" purposes

kathie, enjoy your day at the lake!

Jane just pulled in, so I need to go get things finished up for our cookout. Stay safe y'all!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Celebrate Independence Day GIF by BrittDoesDesign
Have a SAFE day Wrabbits. We're almost ready to leave for the Lake.
It's HOTTER than H*LL here today. 85F already and still going up to 90+.

PAT:
Goodness girl........you should have just slept in the chair. Hope you only BRUISED your BUTT... (Ha Ha) and didn't break anything.
Now about ALL THIS COOKING. KNOCK IT OFF! You need to just rest and get from your bed to the bathroom to the living area and leave all that COOKING and prepping to others. ENOUGH is ENOUGH. Okay, I'm off my rank. Just worried about you and care enough to tell you. Hugs and have a good day.

Karen: Glad you're putting off the rest of the gardening for the residents until it cools off. Don't want you getting HEAT STROKE out there. I can barely get my watering done here with the temps in the 90's. I wait until like 8pm and it's still hot.

Okay, gang I need to find my swimming suit. It wasn't where it was supposed to be. :eek:

Chat later or tomorrow. Hugs to all my extended family.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
We had some loud BOOMERS last night, but nothing like years past. Somebody said that fireworks went up 30%. And with the price of gas so high, I'm thinking people are just running out of money. :clap002:

Tonight should be the big night. And like Dave said. We'll hear a POP and BANG every so often for at least a week from those that HOLD OUT some of their stash.

Lee: How is Lu-Ann doing these days?

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Heard only a few boomers the other night and they were at a distance, so it was a quieter 4th weekend than what we expected. Of course this is only our second July 4th weekend in this house and last year was pretty much a rainout so, perhaps there will be more local fireworks activity this evening. At least the Pops Esplanade concert and the fireworks will return after a two year absence and we can watch them on TV.
Sorry to hear about your fall, BB. You definitely would have been better off continuing to sleep in your chair, but you know what they say about hindsight.
Happy Independence Day!!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
I have told Bert more than once to let me just sleep in the chair, but he insists I have to go to bed, because he thinks I will slide off the chair onto the floor. At least then I would land on a rug instead of a tile floor!!

A’Burg Guy

Celebrate American GIF by Nora Fikse

A late but sincere wish to all of my cyber family to have a safe and happy Independence Day!