Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Saturday you all!
Dave: Trust me I won’t be getting on my bike any time soon. I still have 3 weeks of home leg strengthening exercises and keeping full weight off of the leg. The Doc told me to use a cane. I will do everything I can to prolong getting a knee replacement.
Watching the video on how to properly use a cane was very helpful. I bet everybody I know does it wrong.

Hope you get your weeding done. Those darn weeds have a mind of their own.

Karen: You are a amazing getting that table out together so fast. Can’t wait to see it. Bummer on the issues at the Oil Change place.

We watched the re-run of the Olympic Games Opening last night. Tokyo did a good job considering they had to deal with Covid delay.

I have nothing more for you good people. Be back later. Enjoy your weekend!

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Table is done...painted & stained....turned out pretty good for a cheap project...sun is shining so this will be a quick post...want to head to the pool... catch up with you all later!

Attachments

• P7240244.JPG
    P7240244.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 7
  • P7240247.JPG
    P7240247.JPG
    487.1 KB · Views: 6

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
KAREN this table is FANTASTIC. Love the black legs to contrast the top! You really are amazing when it comes to these building projects.
Well Done Yes GIF by Busythings

Hope you enjoy your rest in the POOL! You deserve it.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Dave/Kathi & KAREN.....I saw this on Fbook and since you both have AIR FRYERS I thought I'd pass it along. There were lots of good reviews that the people who tried it said it was good and they would make it again. Let the rest of us know if you ever make it. It caught my eye because Dave loves everything SPICY. :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

I suppose you could make this by putting it on a cookie sheet pan and baking it in a oven. Convention oven setting if you have it would be good to keep it crispy.

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
So, today I got nothin’. Just one of those days.
But it would be wrong of me to not follow along and say “Hi”.
trust no one neon GIF by Tyler Resty

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
TORNADO WARNING.....RUN FOR THE HILLS.... OH WAIT THAT SHOULD BE basement!

Raining hard. It already passed through up by Jill's. She said it was LOUD RAIN. CRAZY.

Love you all.........later......
Warning Sign GIF

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Stay safe Kathie!! Hope the storm fizzles out before it get's to you...

Lee, some days are just like that...nothing much to say...but we worry when someone is missing...

Pat, sure hope the Caddy isn't an expensive fix...I'm with you on not buying a brand new car...not only do you take the hit driving off the lot...but who the heck can afford $30,000 or more for a car??? When I was looking for my truck last year I briefly considered buying new...till I got a look at the prices...no way!

Dave, I had to laugh at your comment about your knees not hurting from weeding...heck...they aren't going any where so no need to battle the heat & humidity trying to root them out...

Pretty laid back day around here...went down to the pool around 12:30 and had the whole place to myself...stayed there for about an hour and decided I'd had enough sun for 1 day...came home & spent the rest of the afternoon reading on the back porch... nothing much interesting on TV tonite...so I may dig out another book & read for a bit more...See you all tomorrow!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Right off the bat K2, I'd really appreciate it if you'd post a link to that video that shows the proper way to use a cane. I always take mine with me when I know we'll be going somewhere where we'll be standing for any length of time or there's nothing to lean on.

That looks like it's a professionally made table, KC. And the reason why, is because it was.

Thanks for checking in Lee.

And so your garage disappears again, BB. Good thinking on not letting your holiday decorations get blocked in. I don't know about you, but when I can't find anything on the boob-tube to watch, my go-to is now turning on the Olympics. I sure hope I tune in when they have the surfing competition.

Kathi still hasn't decided how she wants that shed painted. It'll be tan with a dark green accent. But how are we to apply those 2 colors? I told her that today is decision day. Come Monday, if she hasn't made up her mind, I'm just going to paint it the way I would.

We did pick up that Bloomin Onion yesterday. So today or tomorrow we'll find out how well they reheat in the air fryer. I'm expecting really well, just like French fries do.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning. I was here earlier, but had to get out to look up WALKING CORRECTLY
w/a Cane for DAVE! Once at a google site you can get carried away with lots of videos and that's just what happened.

Try this one Dave. Just remember saying: "Together, Together, Together when you first start out correctly. I was always under the impression that you use the cane in your RIGHT hand if you are RIGHT HANDED. NOPE. You use the cane in the OPPOSITE hand of the leg or hip or knee that is hurting or has had surgery. WHO KNEW!! Practice in the house or on the driveway where it is flat and no carpet at first. It took me awhile to get this right. I still find myself saying "Together, Together"!

the walk animation GIF

View: https://youtu.be/5jvtk8ZZUv8

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Okay after getting that Video website on here for DAVE I'm tired of being on this computer. I'll be back later.

We had lots of CREEK FLOODING in the yard last night from the intense storm. NO TORNADO here, but 15 miles from here in a small town right outside the farm lands it did do a LOT of damage to buildings and homes. The town is like 3 blocks long. Really a shame. They lost power to the entire area. Not sure if it's back on or not.

We have never had WATER in the front of the house in the street go from Curb to CURB and up over some of the grass. Amazingly, it went down as fast as it came up. Where did all the water go you may ask........INTO OUR BACKYARD CREEK! Hence that's why it flooded up to the veggie garden. That's a long way from where the water is normally.
The ducks and muskrats didn't even want to be in the water. The muskrats dig tunnels in the banks and when it floods like that it floods them out of their holes. Would love to see the maze of tunnels under the grass banks! :eek:

Have a good day folks. It's going to be MUGGY, MUGGY and HUMID and HOT here today. 90's+. Not a outside day at all.

Lee: I hope the pups made it through the storm. Not to mention your property. Fill us in.

Later...........

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! Skipping brunch today, as you need a reservation and last night they were calling for t-storms all day. So much for what they predict. The sun is shining brightly and there's not a great chance of t-storms today. That figures!!
We ended up going to the Grille for dinner last night. Couldn't make up our minds as to what to make for dinner at home. Turns out that neither of us was all that hungry, so we ordered a light dinner and ate it all. For once there's no leftovers!!!

Karen - You did a super job on that table. Way to go, young lady! I just hope it doesn't get ruined being outside with the amount of rain we get this time of the year.

Kathie - Interesting video on how to use a cane. I have one too, but haven't needed to use it yet and have no idea why the one doctor ordered it for me. Sounds like you had plenty of rain last night. Glad the tornado was nowhere near you.

Dave - I'm with you with watching the Olympics when there's nothing else to watch. I'm looking forward to gymnastics. Surprisingly, Bert used to do gymnastics before he met me, but he's not interested in watching any of the competition. Heck, he won't even watch any of the Olympics at all and stays in his little cave, aka the computer room.

M&J are supposed to bring their big appliances over today to put in the garage, as well as Jimmy's HUGE tool bench. I'm not sure if they will be staying here starting tonight or if they will wait until tomorrow. I know they already took all their beds apart and loaded into the POD to be stored for them. Last night they all slept on couches in the living room. That can't be good for their backs, for sure.

So now once again, I have to figure out what to make for dinner most every night while they're here. They both try to do low carb and that definitely is not the way I cook. I have to revise my meal plans for less pasta and more veggies. Just not my thing. They will cook once in a while and Missy makes a mean gumbo. Jimmy is good at making biscuits & gravy, as well as shrimp & grits.

Bert finally showed up out here, so I should get off here and see what he plans to do today in addition to going to Publix. Have an awesome Sunday, gang! :)

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon....only 12:07 and I'm bored....I'm not used to having so much free time on my hands...and waking up at 7 am didn't help!

Dave, hope the bloomin onion turns out as good as you expect...I'm pretty sure it will...so far I've been quite happy with everything I've cooked or reheated in my air fryer...

Pat, I feel for you as the circus is about to begin....just remember wine is made from grapes...as is grape juice...so it's never to early to start drinking...
The table should be fine outside...it's all pressure treated wood..painted & sealed...

Lee, hoping you & the pups are having a great day today!

Kathie, sounds like some of the rains we get around here at time...being on a hill like I am with a hard rain there is a virtual river flowing down the street in front of my house...

Going over to Jane's around 1 to deliver the table & go swiming....other than spray the weeds in my patio area this morning I've done zip....like I said..not much into "relaxing" unless I'm on a cruise....enjoy the rest of the day all!

A’Burg Guy

Good afternoon folks.
No, I don't know why the font has skipped from 22 to 18 and back. :mad:

I was up and about at 2:45 this morning. I was watching the radar last night and misjudged the arrival of the storm by about 5 minutes. I wanted to wait to let the pups out as late as I could. I reckon that subconsciously I was concerned that Bear had been out before 9:00 last night and with the thunder and lightening he may have to go out.
Pat, do you have enough wine to get you through the next few weeks? I sure hope so! You had asked about the drizzle on the bruschetta pizza...that was a balsamic reduction. It must be exciting for M & J to watch their new home being built! Where are you and Bert keeping their chickens?
That table looked dandy Karen. I still think that you need your own TV spot! Or a weekly spot in the local paper.
We had a lot of rain, thunder and lighting last night Kathie but nothing like we've had in the past! I'm surprised the critters didn't seek cover on or under your back deck! I'm amazed at how quickly water rises and then seems to disappear. As longs the inside of your home stayed dry that's what matters the most.
Is your cane one of the ones with the three little feet Dave? They seem pretty dandy for all kinds of surfaces. I've even seen, when we used to volunteer at The Canadian Open golf tourney, a gizmo that looked like a cane but opened up into a little stool. That was pretty neat too! As long as Kathi doesn't want the shed painted with one of those Amish symbols you should be OK!

Unknown.jpeg
I could be on my way. I nave to get my exercise in or the gal at the rehab place will beat on me. To Dave's point, I may like it!
You all have a wonderful rest of your Sunday.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Saying good night from Belleview...took the table over to Jane's then had some pool time once Barb got off work...Jane really likes the table & once I got it up on some patio blocks it was the perfect height for the pool...I'll try to post some pic's she took this afternoon...until then...good night all!

Here's the table at the pool with the umbrella attached...

Attachments

• pool table.jpg
    pool table.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 7

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
A heads up to all you retirees, it's a Monday. At least we no longer start sweating what we need to do at work on Mondays, starting on Sunday.

Thank you so much K2 for posting that video on the proper use of a cane. I never knew there were use-rules for that. Both my legs are equally weak so I can continue to use my dominant right hand. I use it for stability and something to lean on when just standing in a line. I'd forgotten which of your legs has the knee problem, so you must need to hold the cane in the proper hand.

As close as I live to you Lee & K2, we've only had sprinkles in the last few days and not the downpours like you guys have had. No multiple feet on my cane, Lee. They always looked to me like something that would be easy to trip over. I KNEW you were starting to like those beatings.
1f601.png

Yes KC, the Bloomin Onion reheated well in the air fryer. Well except for the first few that I burnt because I left them in there too long. OOPS! Time to retrain yourself on enjoying relaxation time, instead of fighting it. Thanks for the picture.

I'm with you BB on more pasta and less veggies. And don't you ever think I could become a vegetarian. I want my dead animal flesh! Have you ever thought that keeping the Christmas decorations from being blocked in would also be a good idea? With housing construction, all I know is that it's always behind schedule.

Hiya Bill & Rita.

Today I hope to move all our painting gear out to the shed.

Oh I just remembered; Kathi did take Fuzzbutt out for a walk yesterday for the fist time since Buddy got here. Let's just say that Buddy didn't take it well. He whined the entire time they were gone.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning gang. Got up at 6:30 am and couldn’t fall back to sleep. Gonna be a long day!

KAren….the new POOL TABLE looks like it‘s a perfect fit. You did GREAT AGAIN! Wish I had half of your energy. I use to, but not lately.

DAVE: Hope you don’t OVER STUFF that new shed. Do you have a PEGBOARD on one of the walls to hang some of your smaller garden tools? I installed a pegboard years ago on one wall in the garage and went put and bought screw drivers, small hammer, hooks to hang pliers, etc on it. Love having things handy for outside use and if I need something for inside. I don’t have to go down into the basement and look for it on Art’s workbench area. Saves a lot of time just open the garage door and reach for what I need.
Has Kathi figured out how SHE wants the new shed painted?
It’s my RIGHT KNEE that had the procedure, somI hold the CANE in my LEFT hand. Took awhile to get use to using the left hand. Works good now.
I use the WALKER on the wood kitchen floors and tile long hallway and foyer. I can lean on the handles and move quicker.

Pat: I hope the ”family moochers” ( and I mean that in the nicest way) take turns cooking dinner while they are staying with you guys. You fooks should set up some kind of routine so you dn’t have to do it all. Time to write out shopping lists so M&J can go do the shopping and save Beet from constantly running to get 3 or 4 items. That way they can buy things they like too.
Gotta make it as easy as you can for you & Bert. Thank goodness you have a Big TV in your room that you can retreat to when the other TV will be in use! Kids programs are only fun to watch a few times and then y gets old. I see more DATE NIGHTS with just you and Bert going out to planned dinners alone!

Lee: Keep doing those exercises. Did you ever get new meds for your AFib issues or did it all resolve itself?

My Nephew stays at the Anderson Cottage during the Summer months and was there during the Tornado that swept through the area the other day, A tree fell on his truck but missed the cottage. He survived inside the small cottage. Saw a video and it was a mess all around the area and lake.

I have a video I’ll try and get on here later.

Have a good day all.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Time to rise and shine, with or without a cane!

I haven't a clue how today is going to develop. M&J are still moving stuff into our garage. They have his cousin from Alabama helping them. She's too funny in that she's ready to move here now. She's very sweet and is suffering from cancer. She also has a lot of money, so she & her husband could make the move here without any problem. Aside from helping M&J move, they drove here in his truck to pick up the commercial grade lawnmower that Jimmy had. It's the kind that landscapers use. Jimmy doesn't need it at the new house, so he gave it to her or condition she buy him a gulf cart. That is something that's allowed here. So far, she hasn't gotten it yet, thank goodness. Otherwise guess what else would end up in our garage? LOL

We never got the rain they were calling for yesterday. It turned out to be a beautiful HOT day. More of the same is called for today, so it will probably pour at some point.

Bert has to take the car back to the mechanic this morning. When he was there on Friday, they couldn't work on the Caddy as the one mechanic wasn't there who would be able to handle the job.

My d*mn cat just bit my oxygen line!!! Wait until I tell Bert. Can better go into hiding for the day or he'll get his a$$ whomped! And Bert did catch him. The cat immediately started to cry as he knew what was coming. Now he'll be in hiding for the day! Bert's already repairing the hose.

Karen - The table looks great there. I'm sure you gals will put it to good use in the coming months.

Kathie - I saw the picture of your nephew's truck on FB. He got very lucky. Was he the only one at the cabin at the time? Love your idea for the kids to do the shopping and cooking. The trouble is that when Missy is working, she won't get home until around 7:30 and Jimmy won't be much before that. Besides, they buy a lot of stuff we don't like or use. I do know that the first night they are here for dinner, Cajun food will be on the menu and that is something I will be making.

Dave - I too want to know what color the shed is going to be and who is going to be doing the painting? Whoever does it needs to take lots of breaks in the heat.

Time to get going and find out when M&J plan to arrive with more stuff. Unfortunately, they aren't very fast to answer text messages, so I need to give them a call. Have a great day gang! :) Would you believe it's clouding over and looks like rain? So much for the weather forecast!!o_O

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Pat: The picture on FBook of my nephews truck doesn’t show the side of the truck ripped apart and the the dash crushed inside.
He said he was scared to death the tornado was going to pick up the 90+ yr old cottage with him in it. Docks were ripped and thrown into the lake and boats & pontoons too. 100mph winds. Lots of boats on the lake. We’re just glad Jeff was okay. Thank goodness my sister-in-law & her sister decided to stay home at the last minute the day before. Crazy experience.

Cappy is in big trouble. Not good chewing on YOUR LIFELINE:eek:

Art hung 2 glass framed prints on the wall. They look great. He did a good job measuring and leveling them. Hard to get a good picture with TV reflecting in background. They look much nicer in real life. They are floating in between the glass so you see the wall through it.

96F and ugly here.
Eric & Jill stopped by for a visit. Always special.

Hope you all are having a good day. Off to make dinner.

image.jpgimage.jpg

A’Burg Guy

Well, it’s only 89F here!
Good evening friends.
A long day for me too. I was sitting up reading at 2:30 this morning. Went back to bed for a couple of hours and up with the pups. We got them down for their walk early. I spent the rest of the morning ordering a medic alert bracelet.
Then I hit the treadmill for half an hour before heading over to Jan and Dave’s for games day.
Nice prints and frames Kathie. I like those frames that show the paint instead of having mats. The storms in MI made our news. So much devastation in such a short time. Trucks can be replaced.
Glad your nephew wasn’t hurt.we My meds were renewed and my heart seems to be settling down. For now.
Pat, I think part of M&J’s ”rent” should be to take Cappi when they move into their new place. So, how did the day pan out for you all?
Weather can be so very localized Dave. We have seen downpours here while our friends 10 minutes to the south barely get a drop! And after much anticipation, the survey says the shed colour will be…
Karen, the table and umbrella looked great! Super idea to shade the food and beverage area and add a punch of colour. Another job well done.
Rehab tomorrow morning. Then I’ll get the van cooling system serviced on my way home.
Be good everyone.