Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Saying good night from Belleview...going to Barb's in the morning to put down the new flooring in her kitchen...fingers crossed it goes well & doesn't take all day

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Time to say good night once again. Didn't do much today and that was a good thing after a busy holiday weekend. Get a good night's sleep. everyone and I will see you in the morning!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
ALERT....ALERT....ALERT. FYI:

Just got a message from Lu-Ann regarding LEE’s STREE TEST TODAY. HE FAILED.
HE’s in ER and waiting for a room for more tests tomorrow.(Tues).

I had a gut feeling something was going on with our boy Lee since last week.
If I hear ANYTHING ELSE I will post ASAP.
Prayers for our Dear Canadian.
And to think he was just about to finally get that Covid Vaccination.

Here’s the message from LuAnn.

Hi Kathie. Lee went for a stress test this afternoon and they’ve admitted him to hospital for more testing which will be done tomorrow. Don’t have anymore info, but I’ll keep you posted. Right now he’s still waiting for a room so they can move him out of the ER. He wanted me to let the bunnies know. Keep our boy in your thoughts.

Karen, do me a big favor and BE EXTRA CAREFUL WITH doing THAT FLOOR. Remember you don’t have to do the entire job in one day.
Please take care of yourselves. Thanks. Good nite.

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Good thoughts and wishes going out to you Lee, if you are able to read along. In a way it may be good that you flunked your stress test. Finding a problem and having it fixed before it became an immediate life or death crisis. I expect a good outcome.

We finally got a chance to go over and see Kathi's son's new Chevy Volt yesterday. That's a good looking car. Me and he both wore masks. Kathi, his wife, and the 2 grandkids didn't, but we were all outside distancing.

The first thing I wanted to see was what was under the hood, since there isn't a gas engine. The front of that car is as packed with gadgets as if it did have a gas engine. And with the bottom of the car holding the batteries or one big battery it STILL had a 12 volt battery in what normally be the engine compartment. I'd like to know what that's for.

For the 1st 100,000 miles, the maintenance check-list is 3 things, tires, windshield wipers, and some other minor thing like windshield washer. No oil changes now needed.

Just 9 days ago his wife got a brand new car. Some foreign brand gas engine car.

He buys his cars, she leases hers.

In the neighborhood I've been watching to see who would mow their lawn first now that spring is here. Well I didn't get the memo. Yesterday at least half of the neighbors either mowed or had their lawn crew mow. Sunny, in the 70's, and after Easter.

You may have heard that the Cleveland Indians will no longer be called the Indians after this season. They still haven't decided on what name they will go with. During this season they will no longer permit anyone in the stadium to wear any feathered Indian headdress. Or put paint on their faces. Yesterday was their opening home game.

That's it from me. In a bit we're off to the surgeon to pick up a prescription. Pick up instead of phoning it in to the pharmacy because it's a narcotic.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
All GOOD WISHES for our LEE today and any TESTS he's having. Hang in there LEE. Hope you are allowed to have your Cell Phone with you and it's CHARGED! ;)

I'm out of here to go pick up my dearest friend Elaine and take her for her Colonoscopy. She has some major issues and they want to make sure nothing is going on in that area. WELL, I can tell you she'll have NOTHING in that area after that PREP they make you go through.

Be safe all and I'll be back. Suppose to get to 80F degrees today. Hey, it's Pure Michigan weather. Today maybe 80 and tomorrow who knows it might snow! Ha Ha

Later..........

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Sending good thoughts to Lee as well....change in plans for today....about 1:30 this morning something I ate decided it didn't like me & I spent the next 3-1/2 hours in the bathroom....feel ok now just drained...this would have been a good day for ME to get a colonoscopy too...

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Thanks for the good wishes and prayers friends. You can imagine my shock when the Dr. told me I was going, by ambulance, to the horsepiddle. I “felt” fine but the tests don’t lie.
He even spoke directly to Lu-Ann for me and explained everything.
I’m going to run. Well, walk at a good clip!
You all stay safe and sound. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning!

First and foremost, lots of positive thoughts and prayers heading north of the border for our favorite male Canadian, Lee. May the tests today go well and show the doctor what the problem is and then quickly correct it. Hopefully, he will be able to post here and let us know how he's doing.

Karen - Sorry you spent all that time in the bathroom during the night. Definitely take a break today. Grab a book and go sit on your porch and do nothing else all day. Make it a ME day about Karen!

Dave - So are you ready to get a Volt too? Did he say how far he can go on a fully charged battery? That seems to be the biggest problem. There really aren't too many charging stations in this area yet, so you have to plan accordingly. Maybe that's what that 12 Volt battery is for. You know - like a back up. Did you ask?
Nice that your baseball team is changing their name after this season. Florida State isn't changing their name, as they should. They insist the Seminole Indians approve of them using that name, painting their faces while someone on a horse, named Renegade, in costume planting a spear in the middle of the field while the fans do their war chant and do the tomahawk chop.

Kathie - You're giving new meaning to the expression THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR. Nice of you to drive your friend for her "mining expedition". I hope all goes well for her.

Our son in NC gave us a belated Easter call yesterday. He figured that with the crew coming over for the day, I'd have no time to talk. He probably called that right. He told me that neither he nor his wife, the pharmacist, plan to gat the vaccine at this point. He says they don't want to be guinea pigs getting a shot without FDA approval. D*mn repubs!! That's why it will never go away when people have an attitude like that.

I see that Lee just posted. At least he has a way to communicate with us. So nice to see his post and wish him the very best as he goes through whatever tests are necessary.

Not a lot going on around here today. Might get some Chinese takeout tonight for dinner. They still haven't opened yet for eat in dining. Oh well ... At least we'll get 2 or 3 meals out of it. Definitely planning to spend some time outside today enjoying this great weather we're having. High of about 83 today. But first it's time for a cup of coffee - my first of the day - andtry to figure out with Bert what's on his agenda, beyond looking for food!!

Have a good day, everyone. Play nice and stay safe! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Hi gang. you know how the saying goes” NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS”.
sure hope our LEE is behaving while trying to find out what’s wrong with him!
Hopefully, he just needed a STENT put in to get that Canadian Blood flowing better.
Sure hope Li-Ann fills us soon!
I was gone 4:5 hours With my friend Elaine. Got to the office on time. Procedure was suppose to be at 10:20, they even called her yesterday to tell her to come in earlier. Well, at 10:45 am she was still sitting in a chair with 7 other people. They all looked like d
they needed a coffee and had to go to the bathroom. I went to the car and chilled out with the windows open until 1:30 pm when the office called and said pull up the car.
To make this story more interesting Elaine tripped on her carpet with her tennis shoes on LAST NIGHT and had to call EMS and her neighbor to get he up. She only weighs 90 pounds, but has no strength in her legs to get up on her own. Poor thing had a sleepless night and spent most of it in the bathroom.

Eric should be here soon to have dinner and spend the night. He goes to a Krogers 3 miles from here at 11:00 a. To get his vaccine tomorrow.
He hasn’t slept over in a long time. I bought the 6ft 3” boy a steak for his dinner.

I’m on the deck enjoying the warmth and sunshine. We’ll do grilling out here for sure. Too bad the awning and chairs aren’t up.....we could eat out here. Haha

If there are errors on here it’s because I’m facing into the sun and can barely see the keys.

Later.

Just saw that Lee posted. That’s a good sign! Hey there Lee....hope you’re doing okay over there. No walking the halls with your GOWN OPEN IN THE BACK!! Ha ha

Karen.....sorry about you having to spend the night in the bathroom.
We need to have a INTERVENTION real soon for BETTER HEALTH FOR THE BUNNY FAMILY. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Last edited:

A’Burg Guy

Good evening everyone.
I likely won’t be around for a bit. We’re waiting for a room and transport from Windsor Hospital to London Health Sciences where I will be getting a heart bypass. If you can imagine the moron doctor here asking me why I waited so long. I guess indigestion and gas are also signs of heart issues.
Anyway once I get transferred I will be five more days in hospital and about 90 days recovery.
Guess I better show Lu-Ann how to start the lawn mower. :)
You all stay safe, sound, sanitized and play nice.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Lee - You know the entire hutch will be praying for your recovery. Stay strong, big guy!!! We have a date next year at True Blue Winery!

Checking out for tonight. See you tomorrow, bunnies! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Thanks for the UPDATE! Wow....what a difference a STRESS TEST makes.
If the “Doctor” only knew what you and the “Contractor Boys” did this past summer and Fall his head would be spinning! We won’t tell him.
Any idea what day they’ll do that bi-pass? Hope if you are on Blood thinners you aren’t taking anymore!

Art I will be keeping you in our prayer....well MY PRAYERS for sure.
Sure wish the border was open so I could come and visit Lu-Ann.
Tell her to keep in touch. Love and hugs to you Big Guy.

I fed Eric a delicious dinner and later he will get his favorite desert. Choc Ice Cream w/ Hersey’s Syrup.
Later gang.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Lee, sending ((HUGS))) and prayers for you & LuAnn...sure wish we all lived closer!

Checking out for the night here too...going to try again tomorrow to get Barb's floor done...it's a small room so hopefully all will go well...

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Geez Lee, you sure know how to go big or stay at home. Sure glad you have and are able use your cell phone with you. And you can give us accurate, detailed information. We were all guessing as to what the problem is. I too was hoping that you'd qualify for just a stent. So this heart bypass, will it be a single, double or triple?

Once it's over, it's my understanding that they quickly get you up and moving around. I'm sure you'll do fine, seeing as you are usually quite active. It's amazing how things quietly and slowly get plugged up in our bodies as we age.

If you are unable or not feeling like it, make sure that your bride keeps us up to date. And around your house, I'm sure that your old contractor's group will come to the aid of Lu-Ann while you are away.

Thinking of you, Dudley Do-Right.

On a different subject; It seems that General Motors sometimes isn't all that creative when naming one of their car models. Kathi's son DIDN'T buy a Chevy
Volt. He bought a Chevy Bolt. The Volt is electric with a backup gas engine. The Bolt is all electric with no backup gas engine. Looks like it's range on a full charge is about 250 miles.

What's next General Motors, coming out with a car similar to a Camaro and calling it a Kamaro?

I found out yesterday that I hadn't correctly read my discharge orders from the hospital. I remembered it saying that I couldn't drive for a week, so yesterday, it was past a week, and I drove down to the drive-thru Mini Mart for something. When I got back Kathi had gotten out of bed and wondered where I was. (I did leave a note on the kitchen counter.) And proceeded to read me the riot act about driving and showing me the discharge orders. I shouldn't drive for TWO weeks. OOPS!

I guess that explains why cars were pulling over, and walkers were scattering.
1f601.png

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good morning Wrabbits.
It’s going to be Super nice here today.
If our Boy Wonder didn’t have to be in the hospital he and the pups would have had a GRAND DAY AT THE NAVAL PARK! Those pups are going to miss their morning walks. Good thing the new house has GRASS in thenyard foe them to run around on.

Dave: I think I heard Kathi “screaming” at you for going for a drive in the car. Do you know how many muscles are in your NECK that are still trying to HEAL after being CUT INTO? You men all must be programed to disregard
important instructions. Are you in a MAJOR TIME-OUT right now?

LEE:
1. Not sure where you are right now! Did you make it to London yesterday? 2. When do you have the Bi-Pass surgery done?
3. Do they know how many are to be done?
4. Take care and know your EXTENDED BUNNY FAMILY has you in their prayers. Let us know if you need us to show up and slap those doctors around to let them know how important you are to all of us!
5. Tell Lu-Ann to send us updates by way of messages if she doesn’t know how to get on here. I’m sure she’s real busy right now. Bless her soul.

Eric had a good night, got up at 8:30 am and had breakfast and is now in his ONLINE CLASS!

Alarm company is on it’s way to see about securing our new slider door with a wireless alarm since you CANNOT DRILL INTO the new door. Should ve interesting.

I’ll be back later.....gotta run for now.

Karen.....hope your floor job goes smoothly today.,

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning from beautiful Florida!

Lee - Keeping you in our prayers and sending only the best up your way. Hoping that either you or Lu-Ann will keep us posted on how you're doing. It's just not fair that someone who is so active, eats the right kinds of foods and drinks so much water while the rest of us don't do much of any of that, and you turn out to be the one needing bypass surgery!

Kathie - We got your card. Thank you so very much for thinking of us.
You mentioned the other day how you would love to be able to get really fresh tomatoes this time of the year. Too bad you don't love closer. We're getting so many San Marzano plum tomatoes that I have to start blanching them to remove the skin and then freeze them for future uses! This is the first time he's grown this variety and is getting really good results. He's also got a beefsteak tomato plant with gives us a tomato once in a while, if he gets to them before they rot on the ground. They're pretty good this year too. Once the rainy season sets in, that will be the end of tomatoes for us as the plants rot away right at the ground level, so we have to enjoy them now.

Karen - I hope you got a good night's sleep after your bad one Monday night. Don't work too hard putting that floor down today. I bet there will be food available as payment too. Right?

Dave - Could have fooled me too with Chevy making a Volt and a Bolt. Now I'll have to look for a Bolt. There are a number of Volts around this area. I personally think they are very ugly, but that's just my opinion and I don't need to own one.
I don't blame Kathi for reading you the riot act for you driving the car. Typical man ... Never reads instructions fully for anything!!

Another day of basically doing nothing around here today. Knowing this, I was real bad this morning and didn't get up until almost 10 o'clock! I was wide awake for hours, but just didn't want to leave that nice warm comfy bed knowing nothing was going on around here today. Now I just feel cloggy headed, so I'm paying the price for being lazy.
Ended up not getting Chinese last night and had some stuffed clams that I had in the freezer followed by a piece of cheesecake leftover from Easter.

Phone call ... Back later

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Alarm is working on that door and the guy said WE REALLY NEED TO UPDATE the system. He did mention that if we update system the monthly monitoring charges would most likely go UP because it uses Wireless signals or even Satellite signals. We will deal with all that when we really have to. Like this nice serviceman said....."If this system is still communicating with home office and working leave well enough alone. Nice of him to be so up front and honest. Of course, he's NOT A SALESMAN....he's a INTALLER REPAIR person. Big difference. Ha Ha.

Eric messaged us and said getting the Covid Vaccine was a piece of cake. I really wanted to go with him, but I had to be here to know what the Alarm man had to say. With Art's hearing being as it is you never know how much he misses in conversations! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme:

Hope our Boy LEE is doing well today. TESTS and TESTS and who knows what else. Still hard to believe one day you're going about your daily business and that afternoon you're in the hospital being told you need Bi-Pass surgery. I guess Lee is lucky they found this out before he started that new neighbors fence! :angel2:

PAT: It's really OKAY to stay in bed later and do nothing. Remember we're retired! Just make sure to take your MEDS and keep that oxygen on!

Nancy did send me a note to tell everyone she's got Lee & Lu-Ann in her thoughts and prayers and knows that Tony is watching over him from above too. Passing that on to you all.

It's too nice to stay inside. I'm putting on some Capri shorts and going for a bike ride. Wonder how long I will last. I'm totally out of shape from the long Covid Winter. :supris: :eek:
78F degrees here now and sunny. WOW.....almost like Florida!!

A’Burg Guy

Good afternoon.
Still here in Windsor waiting for a spot in London. My “Roomie” is heading out later on. I’m next.
Dave, I swung for the fences but only got “a triple”.
I’m doing pretty good. Your banter and wishes and prayers help more than you know.
The hospital cardio lady stopped by to explain things. All I can say is I’m a very lucky guy. The stupid thing is that I really don’t feel bad. So friends, if you ever think that it’s “just indigestion”, well, it may not be. Please see your doctor. The symptoms the one artery that is 100% blocked gives you is indigestion.
Yes, lots of tests every day. They’re taking good care of me.
Thanks to friends in The Burg Lu-Ann is doing pretty well too.
Love all of you!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: You don't know how much it means to have YOU FILL US IN on your situation.
Good to know you're being treated and looked after. Bummer that Lu-Ann cannot
be with you while you wait this out. But we all know that's just a 'good thing' these days.

Hopefully, you have a charger for your phone with you or somebody can bring you one and a extension cord to plug in the wall so YOU AND LU-ANN CAN DO FACETIME and get to see each other.

You know how important it is that we SHARE
symptoms with each other. Hells-bells we could be saving each others lives by doing just that.

So you're having 3 bi-passes? Ouch! But look at the good side of things......it's like getting another 100,000 miles on your carcass! :emoticon 0122 itwasntme: Think of it as a SUPER DUPPER OIL CHANGE of sorts. Or better yet a Radiator Flush! All that old yucky rusted stuff will be gone! If it wasn't that the recovery took so long (as you stated earlier) we'd all be opting for this procedure.
I want you to know that I took my BLOOD PRESSURE 3 times already today just because of you! :girly:

Okay, being more serious now. Please only do what they tell you to do and no pinching the nurses as they turn to leave your bedside.

I can see Lu-Ann having to buy about 4-5 new binders to keep all the paperwork straight from these hospitals and doctors, etc, etc.
How far is London, Ontario from your house?

HUGs and LOVE from the one and only person you know that ASKs TOO MANY QUESTIONS!
Keep in touch while you still are in Windsor.

Meanwhile....let's hope this doctor is on his VACATION when they go to do your surgery! (remember this game?)

Surgery GIF by memecandy