Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Love GIF by ircha_gram
Time to rise and shine and get busy.

Happy Girl GIF by Ethan Barnowsky
We finally got our 1st GOOD RAIN of the season late last evening and into the night. The creek was up, but because it was so DRY for SO LONG it's already down. Soaked right into the earth!

It's muggy as all get out and only going to get worse once the sun does it thing! So happy for the good rain. No damage from the winds here. But let me tell you they sure did shake the trees up around here.

Lee: Good to know that you stopped working on the deck early yesterday. Smart move. Hope you and Lu-Ann and the gang had a fun evening at the winery.

Dave: I've noticed that our grocery list has been VERY SLIM since this re-model started. I'm amazed at how much I had in the upstairs refrigerator-freezer. I must have been buying way too much meat and chicken etc, etc. I can see I need to cut back on a lot of the grocery stocking! Must have been the Covid shortage that made me buy so much. Time to get a tad more realistic!
I hear that song on my car radio "Oldies" station a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Art is off biking this morning. Bless that man for being able to handle the heat.

I'm going to go and try and find a hanging light fixture for over the kitchen table. I don't want anything that I have to order and pay too much for. I'm thinking of hitting Menard's.

Negc: Keep up the good work on that cribbage challenge. Put your thinking hats on and WIN BIG!

Later gang..........be safe in your travels. Covid is just a arms length away waiting to attack!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning!

It's Thursday, so must be time to visit the wound doctor for him to incite my weekly dose of pain as he picks at every little wound on my legs. Boy does that hurt and then to add insult to injury the nurse wraps everything from your toes to just about your knee in bandages and compression stockings. Talk about that being hot in this kind of weather! I have Bert cut some of it away as soon as we get home. Also, it's not a good look with sandals on. Sort of like men wearing black socks with sandals except these things are cream color!!

AC guy came over yesterday and of course, don't you know it that the AC was running perfectly. Guy didn't charge a service call (he lives in the neighborhood), but Bert got his card, incase it starts to act up again.

Finally got to have our steaks last night. Would you believe that they were within minutes of being done, when the propane tank ran out of propane. This just isn't our week!!!

Lee - So how was request night at the winery? That sounds like a neat idea. I hope you all enjoyed it. You certainly have lots of places and things to do there in the "Berg!

Dave - Loved your little song this morning, but loved the "graduate's" picture even better. That is so precious!! You made me laugh about the odds and ends you get in cabinets, especially coffee mugs. One year I got 5 coffee mugs from the kids in my class for Christmas. They all came from the local dollar store!!! It's hard to think of something nice to say about each one, as you're opening the presents in front of the kids & their mothers. That's why teachers have to be so creative!!

Kathie - So how's the cleaning and tossing of stuff going over your way? Remember back in the day how you used to get a glass every time you got gas? We had a pile of those glasses that we tossed when we moved from NJ.

Bill - You did good at cribbage. Keep up the good work. I am so jealous of you and Rita having so many cruises coming up. Just not in the cards for us right now, but who knows what the future holds.

Speaking of cruises, I had to laugh the other day. J&J's daughter sent me a message asking about cruises and where she could get a good price. Do I look like a travel agent now? She found something she likes on Harmony of the Seas toward the end of September. I advised her that it's best to come the day before as you never know what can happen with the airlines these days. I should have kept my mouth shut. Her next question was to aske if they could stay with us the night before the cruise. Do I look like Motel 6 now too??? She's Bert's Goddaughter, so of course, I told her yes. That means we have to go to the airport to pick them up and the next day drive them to the port. Do I look like an Uber driver???? LOL

Time once again to get ready to head out of here. Be good, everyone!!

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good morning. Well Bruce survived the night at the sleep study. he said he did get to sleep but woke up because one lady working there had a tv on too loud and of course he could not get back to sleep, and of course there was too much light in the room.

Have to pick up a Rx today but not sure which one of us it is for.

All have a great day.

Negc

Chief Security Officer
BB-I'm afraid that the answer to all of your questions is "Yes, you probably do". It is nice, however, that they think so highly of you that they know you and Bert will likely go out of your way to help them.
Another day and another doctor's appointment out of the way. This time it was with my nephrologist and it went well. See him again in four months.
Supposed to reach 100 degrees sometime today but it was "only" in the low 90's when I was out. As long as the AC and the standby generator continue to work, we are going to be fine.
Water ban prevents us from watering not only the lawns but the trees,KC, and there is little or no rain in the forecast for the next several days.
Nancy, let us know the results of Bruce's sleep test when he finds out. Kevin had such a test several years ago and now uses a CPAP machine which has helped him considerably.
If my Fitbit is to be believed, I seem to spend more time each evening "awake or restless" than in either light or deep sleep. That may explain why some mornings I feel more ready to go back to bed than I do in the evening,
Today we were finally able to begin the check in process for our September cruise. The only port we haven't previously visited is Sydney, Nova Scotia so will have to check to see what excursions are available. Have been to Halifax many times in the past, both for vacations and work, but Sydney will be a new experience.
Try to stay cool everyone.

flgirl51

2nd Officer
Good afternoon all, made it back from West Palm about 2:30 this afternoon. It was a nice trip, but even nicer to be back home. My sil was surprised to see us come strolling into her condo on Tues. afternoon & even more surprised at the party on Wed. there were about 30 people there and we were all in tears after yelling SURPRISE! Lisa started crying & Ed "danced" with her to somewhere over the rainbow...now I'm ready to just chill out & relax a while!

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
I could not dance around the breakfast table Dave. I have to wait until after dinner to dance in the moonlight. Always a great tune to hear! Thank you!
The pool is 23 feet across and 5 deep in the middle Kathie. I don’t take a dip when I get too hot. I call it a day. I simply don’t seem to be able to handle extreme heat and humidity like I used too. That was some storm we had last night here too.
Yes Pat, another fun evening at Paglione Winery. The fella that plays on Wednesday nights starts at 5:30 and goes for 3 hours without a break. Everything in his repertoire from Sinatra to Sheeran and everything in between. If family and friends didn’t feel welcome they wouldn’t ask you and Bert for ”Rides ‘n Rooms”.
Are Lisa and Ed back from dancing over the rainbow Karen? What a wonderful reaction. That makes the trip well worth while.
I suspect that Sydney, NS has changed since Lu-Ann and I were there back around the late 1900’s Bill. Geez, that makes it sound like a REALLY long time ago. Which it was. My Apple Watch has the ability to measure sleep but I put it on the charger at night.
I would like to think that a sleep disorder clinic would have more common sense and do what they can to help “guests” have a normal night‘s sleep Nancy.
Have a terrific Thursday and a fantastic Friday everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
I could not dance around the breakfast table Dave. I have to wait until after dinner to dance in the moonlight. Always a great tune to hear! Thank you!
The pool is 23 feet across and 5 deep in the middle Kathie. I don’t take a dip when I get too hot. I call it a day. I simply don’t seem to be able to handle extreme heat and humidity like I used too. That was some storm we had last night here too.
Yes Pat, another fun evening at Paglione Winery. The fella that plays on Wednesday nights starts at 5:30 and goes for 3 hours without a break. Everything in his repertoire from Sinatra to Sheeran and everything in between. If family and friends didn’t feel welcome they wouldn’t ask you and Bert for ”Rides ‘n Rooms”.
Are Lisa and Ed back from dancing over the rainbow Karen? What a wonderful reaction. That makes the trip well worth while.
I suspect that Sydney, NS has changed since Lu-Ann and I were there back around the late 1900’s Bill. Geez, that makes it sound like a REALLY long time ago. Which it was. My Apple Watch has the ability to measure sleep but I put it on the charger at night.
I would like to think that a sleep disorder clinic would have more common sense and do what they can to help “guests” have a normal night‘s sleep Nancy.
Have a terrific Thursday and a fantastic Friday everyone.
Yeah you would think they would especially since as Bruce said they tell you to make your room as dark as possible and little to no noise.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Wow…we had ourselves a real THUNDER-LIGHTNING storm here tonight! Lee: I’m thinking your pups didn’t like it one bit.
Our creek was up big time.

Karen: Glad you made it home safely. How wonderful for Lisa to be surprised by her family. You all are the best for making that happen.

Watching “The Deadest Catch” (crabs}. Amazing how many crab they get in one of those huge cages. And how much they charge for crab per pound in our stores! Crazy and most of it doesn’t even look good!

Okay folks, time to jump into bed and count SHEEP until I fall asleep.
Good Night Sleeping GIF by PBS KIDS

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
TGIF....To all the working folk.

Pleased to hear that your West Palm Beach surprise went off splendidly, KC. And nice to hear that you made it back home all safe and sound.

That's right K2, you no longer need to hoard 4 six-packs of toilet paper every time you go to the grocery store. I still remember when shortages of that stuff was going on, one quick-mart was selling individual rolls.

Nice bed, bath and airport shuttle you're running there, BB.

You're a big football fan, Bill. Your thoughts on Deshaun Watson?

I'm still wondering what the heck the Cleveland Browns were thinking when they chose him to be their new quarterback. How many sexual lawsuits does a guy have to have against him before you'd just pass on him? I'm happy that the NFL appealed letting him off missing only 6 games, and wanting him suspended for at least a year.

Lee, I hear that a lot of people have difficulty controlling their body temperature following a major surgery. Hope it eventually gets better.

No big plans for this kid today. Just another day of walking around with a clipboard and a rag. Hey, it makes me look like I'm doing something.
1f601.png

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning, everyone! Had a pretty crappy night's sleep, which I'll tell you about in a bit.

Karen - Glad you had a great trip and that everything went as planned. That always makes you feel so much better.

Lee - Sounds like a nice trip to that winery and with music too. How perfect is that!

Dave - Have fun trying to make yourself look busy today. I might have to try your method too one of these days.
I find that I get cold much easier now. I keep a sweatshirt handy in the family room to place over my shoulders in the evening when I feel chilly from the AC.

Kathie - Congrats on getting a thunder storm last night. You won't have to water anything today.
When we went on our Alaska cruise, one of the shore excursions we booked was on one of those crab boats. It had been used in the early seasons of the Deadliest Catch, but I guess the owner realized he could make more money taking tourists out on the boat than catching crabs. Boat had seats and heaters. They had pots in the water to catch crabs. Of course, the pots were "seeded". They used different types of pots to catch different things. We got to get close up and personal with snow crabs and king crabs. Those things are huge! It was a great learning experience and something different to do.

Nancy - That really wasn't fair to Bruce when you are supposed to have complete darkness and silence. Too bad he didn't have ear plugs to blot out the sound.

Now about the crappy night's sleep. Went to the wound doctor yesterday. He's now requiring the nurses to wrap your legs, no matter how small the wound is, from your toes up to just below your knee. They have to use a whole roll of bandages on each leg! Talk about overkill!! Bert had to cut off up to my ankles, as the bandage on my feet was way too hot. On top of the bandage they also put a compression stocking. That's why I got a terrible night's sleep. Having all that bandage underneath with the compression stocking squeezing in made it hurt like crazy. It's even worse when I stand up and walk. Definitely need the legs redone today by either the visiting nurse or my live in nurse, Bert, who does a better job than the visiting nurse.

On a more pleasant note, we had dinner with friends at our favorite new Italian restaurant. It happened to be the night they have live entertainment. The guy is great too. First song he sang was my all time favorite, Unchained Melody, and from there he went on to classics, Italian love songs, and just about anything else you could think of. Unfortunately, by the time we finished dinner and were ready to leave, there were only 6 more people there to listen to him. He deserved more than that, but we had to get home at that point.

Now that I've written another book here, I'm going to get off the computer and read the paper. Have a wonderful Friday, gang, and stay safe!

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Dave, I really don't think about Deshaun Watson very much, if at all.
The mention of dancing around the breakfast table, reminded me of when I was a child and we danced around the breakfast table with Don MacNeil's Breakfast Club program on the radio. Not sure where, but I saw a reference to that program somewhere recently and it brought back that memory.
Our Royal Caribbean rep managed to get us a stateroom on the cruise that follows our upcoming NE-Canada cruise so we will stay on and repeat pretty much the same itinerary except that Halifax will replace Sydney. It is on an inside room with a "virtual balcony" so we will have to move but we have had that experience previously and it should go pretty smoothly.
Glad your family
visit went so well, KC and that your SIL was surprised.
Did I mention that we recently got forms from the MA Secretary of State that will allow us to get mail-in ballots for both the September and November elections? Well we filled out and returned the forms last week and, lo and behold, we received our September ballots in this week's mail. Much more efficient service than we would have expected. In contrast, a month ago we noticed that our AAA membership cards indicated that they expired last May, so I went to the local AAA office to renew our membership. There the clerk informed me that our membership was automatically renewed and that she would have new cards mailed to us. A full month later, just when I was about to call to inquire about their status, they appeared in our mailbox. Seems that the public sector may be more efficient than the private sector, hard as that is to believe.
No real relief from the heat in the future and little chance for any rain before next Tuesday at the earliest. Try to stay cool everyone.

nlb1050

2nd Officer
Good afternoon. Went for gas this morning and since I bought enough in BJ's the gas was $3.10 a gallon so I saved pretty good. Yeah Bruce should have had ear plugs, he always take them when we go anyplace, they would have helped him a lot.

All have a great day.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Nice chatter on here!
Got the valances for our Dining Room yesterday. I like how the turned. Simple and clean look. They won’t get put up until all the kitchen “crap” is cleared out of that room. I’m making progress, just a tad overwhelming.

Got the kitchen light fixture installed by my “live-in” electrician. I got to help hold things and out on the glass cylinders! Looks good.

Art is now attaching the slide out Stainless Steel gizmo I out all the cleaning stuff on. I’m so glad it was able to fit. It’s a life-saver. Just like all the pull out shelves!! I still remember our 1st house we built and digging into lower cabinets for pots & pans.

Lee: Hope you’re just resting today from all that heat the last few days.
How did you fair with the storms last night?

Whew… thought I lost this post.
I’m going to sign off before I do lose it.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Picture of kitchen light fixture. And YES, it does have 4 bulbs. Just didn’t put them in before taking the picture!
And Art and a few of his biking buddies taking a coffee break. 8BC945F2-E6A0-49D7-9B34-CCC947BBA339.jpeg86CB6564-A807-4CCB-8D57-DF7A16AA7793.jpeg

Negc

Chief Security Officer
Posted earlier about the heat and the lack of significant rain in the forecast and just a few minutes ago there was a boom of thunder, flash of lightning and torrential downpour. Thunder and lightning are continuing so I will cut this short and check back later today or tomorrow.
We really need this rain.

A’Burg Guy

Good afternoon.
The deck enclosure is done! It wasn’t “too“ humid this morning so after a “day off” we finished it up this morning. Even if I do say so myself, it looks darned good. It added a 10’ x 12’ enclosed storage area under the deck. So, that’s their fence, pool deck and under deck enclosure done.
Fortunately Katie and Ava are not bothered by storms. Not like our old Bear was.
My gosh Pat, Lu-Ann showed me a picture of your wrapped legs. My heart really does go out to you as they looked so darned uncomfortable.
I remember the stupidity and hoarding that took place during the beginning and the height of Covid Dave. Now we’re faced with “Monkey Pox”. Why did they name it so it sounds like such a cute thing? It sounds like you have experience looking busy with a clipboard and a rag Buddy. I plan to bring up my heat intolerance when I get my Holter heart monitor follow up later this month.
I like that light Kathie. I have always liked to old “Edison style” bulbs. I admire Art for his tenacity when it comes to his biking.
Problem being with a good old fashioned gully washer Bill is that if the ground is hard it simply runs down the storm drains. Your back to back sounds like a fantastic trip and you get to see a couple of our beautiful east coast cities.
A funny story from the other morning when we headed to Home Depot to pick up stuff we needed to finish the project. The “Old Guy Contractors” have orange shirts. Twice we were asked for advice while we were at the store.
If I am to believe the weather, it is still 81F and feels like 104F with the humidex. Another evening spent indoors.
You all take care and stay safe!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Lee: Love that the OGC’s were asked for advice while shopping for supplies. Too funny! Now get us a picture of your handy work!
We tried “Clear- Day Light” colored bulbs in the same shape as these Edison style bulbs that came with the fixture, and they were SO BRIGHT we would be wearing sunglasses when sitting at the table. These bulbs are not in keeping with the more contemporary theme of the kitchen, but I’ll just LIVE WITH IT! The fixture was priced right and goes with the size of the table.
Now if I could only find an area rug I’d be a happy camper!

Dang it’s HOT & MUGGY outside. At least we won’t be worrying about watering.

I heard Washington is working on a BILL to give Medicare some bargaining power when it comes to PRESCRIPTION Drug costs. Keep your ears open folks! They even said the GOP is on board with getting this done.

And last, but not least, the ‘Broad from Arizona’ that wants to be their Governor actually won the right to be on the ballot in Nov. Bummer.

Have a good evening and weekend Wrabbits!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
This ststement should be told to the “T” person and all his followers:
“You believe everything you say is true but it isn’t, your beliefs do not make something true!”
This should be repeated by anyone interviewing the former T guy the moment he opens his mouth!

A’Burg Guy

Here you go Kathie. This was our first day’s work. The white corrugated piece is what we used for the ceiling. To the left of the stairs we put in a door. It’s a good space to store the BBQ and outdoor furniture in the winter.
I’ll try to remember a pic of the finished project the next time I’m over.
Now they can have the landscapers bring in topsoil and sod. But not until fall when the sod will take a little easier.

CB9E1768-F065-488E-B480-81AE52F168EE.jpeg