Return of the Cruising Bunny's....

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Lee - Sounds like a fun and interesting walk you have coming up this afternoon. I wonder if you'll see any ghosts! Woooo:lengua::oopshn::lolhn::surprisedhn:

Got a question for you guys - The night before Halloween, did you do anything special as kids? Growing up in north Jersey tonight was called Hell Night or Mischief Night. Other areas of NJ called it other names. Not sure if it was celebrated in any other places. Kids would roam the streets with eggs to throw at other kids or people's houses. We would also take a sock and fill it with flour to hit others with. I can tell you from experience that it's no fun to have an egg smashed on your head and then be hit with the sock filled with flour. Boy, was that fun to wash out of your hair, but at least the egg was good for the hair. Kids also used to take shaving cream and spray other kids with that or soap up car windows. The last thing they did and might be welcome today was to TP a house or the trees and bushes in someone's yard. Not sure if the kids still do it today or if it like many other traditions died a slow death. :(

Well, I was wrong about not going anywhere today. Bert came rushing out of the computer room to tell me that he had to go to Wally World. His printer had run out of black ink and had to be replaced IMMEDIATELY!! So off we went to Walmart before lunch. I don't know about anywhere else, but the Walmart by us plays a recorded message about spacing in the store and the associates wearing masks. I would go nuts listening to that all day, but it could have been worse -It could have been in Spanish over and over again!!!

fatherdav55

2nd Officer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Grdev5ktOGw Yes Bunnies, tonight you can turn back time.

Grocery shopping early on a Friday compared to Thursday.... just about the same. Very few shoppers, which is exactly what a want. With a surge in Covid cases here, the fewer people I get near to the better. Comments on my Biden/Harris shirt, zero. BUT as I passed a mother with her two kids, her elementary school age son gave me a thumbs-up.

It was around 40 degrees when we got there. When we got inside the store I told Kathi, "Time to be a radical". So I took off my winter jacket and put it on the bottom of the cart so my shirt could be well seen. Our next grocery shopping date is next Thursday, after the election. Kathi asked me what I'm going to wear then. Of course it will be a return to one of my "Please wear a mask, Help save a life, Thanks" shirt.

Lots of toilet paper, just the usual shortage of bathroom cleaners.

K2; Newscasters are in a no win position when it comes to reporting shortages. If they do report them it can cause others to hoard. But if they don't report them they'll be accused of hiding the news from the public.

BB; Around here as a kid there was lots of window soaping, egging, and tons of TP on trees. Now, none.

I always have been impressed with corvettes, Lee. But now, even if I had the money, I wouldn't buy one. It would take a crane to get me up and out of it. Good for you on planning for a flu shot. Hope all the other Wabbits get one too.

Long lines on election day is a given. But when they do show those long lines now, the little kid in me comes out and I try to spot any porta-potties. (Little kids and old men always want to know where the nearest bathroom is.
1f601.png
)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
“Rounding the corner on Covid” per ‘T’ even though reports show we are at the highest numbers of new cases....90,000 human beings! Said that doctors make more money, like $2000 for each patient that dies of Covid. The man is delusional, crazy nuts ....a total MORON. Lord help us on Tuesday.

Dave: Love that Cher song. Years, well actually decades ago, we saw Cher in person and she sang that song. She just had MORE CLOTHES on! Ha ha. I bet all those Sailors on that ship enjoy looking out her near naked outfit as she sang to them. Art said he would have re-enlisted if they had “shows” like that on his ship when he as enlisted!

I had 2 coupons for Ore Ida “Just Crack an Egg” breakfast cup.
I bought two of them. You just add a Egg open each little pkg of ingredients, stir and microwave. I was amazed at how fresh and good it tasted. Dave....you would have to Shake some HOT SAUCE in yours, but it was very tasty. Would I buy them again? Not without a coupon! A little pricy if you ask me. Look for them in the section where they sell EGGS. ( I used a Extra Large Egg)
in mine.

Sean Connery dies at 90! I always enjoyed his acting. He was a James Bond man at one time.

As for the Halloween Eve, my brother and I and friends would soap windows and TP trees and shrubs

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Here’s the rest of my post that I almost lost. Geez!
Sean Connery dies at 90! I always enjoyed his acting. He was a James Bond man at one time.

Lee: How did the Ghost Walk go? I must admit your new little town sure does keep it’s people busy with all kinds of neat things to do. I bet they’ll have a Christmas Walk too. Maybe next year we can join in on some of the neat things in your town.
Our near by town of Rochester does have a beautiful LIGHT SHOWING on all the store front bldgs every year. It takes them months to string all the lights on the bldgs, and I’ve posted pics on here on how beautiful it looks. Somehow, I just don’t have the Joyous Holiday Spirit this year. After over 50+ some years I won’t be celebrating a Thanksgiving Dinner with my brother and his family this year. He has about 16 of us at his house normally and with the RISE of numbers of the virus lately Art and I and Jill and her gang will have a smaller Thanksgiving meal together. It’s just too many people who work, go to college and mingle with more people than we do to take the risk of getting together to eat. There will be other Thanksgivings to celebrate. Same with Christmas that is always at our house. Art and I will go visit my Brother and Sister-in-law during the week, and will try to go visit the nephew, niece, at their homes on a one to one basis....no crowds. That is if they want us to come over!
Look....Jill and Eric came over yesterday and we did shoulder bumps instead of the usual “kisses and big hugs”. I miss thise kisses and hugs big time. Serbs are REALLY BIG ON THAT STUFF.

Art is out there in the 29F temps biking. And I will be pulling the LAST of the Annual Flowers. It’s way over time. They look funny out there in the COLD! Then I have some work to do inside the newly painted garage. Art got one half of the garages wire racks up and my Pegboard needs to get put pack together again.

I turned on the big heater hours ago to try and get the major CHILL out of it when I start my organizing and PITCHING OF STUFF!
You all have a good Saturday and weekend.
I’ll be back .....hopefully soon.

Here’s the picture of the Just Crack a Egg container that I made this morning! I think it would be great for young school kids. Just too small for adults.

Attachments

• 04A02B56-30AD-4357-8BE4-FBD6AE13EE83.jpeg
    04A02B56-30AD-4357-8BE4-FBD6AE13EE83.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 6
  • AAABA3CC-2145-4E0A-86A1-1840263D205A.jpeg
    AAABA3CC-2145-4E0A-86A1-1840263D205A.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 6

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning and Happy
Dance Halloween GIF by Modicum
It's a beautiful day here and would be perfect for trick or treating tonight, except for this d*mn virus! No candy here this year. Instead we're off to G&E's for a family Halloween party, whatever that's going to be.

Dave - Nice to hear that your trip to the big grocery store yesterday was it's usual uneventful trip.
Probably if a kid did the kind of pranks we did growing up, they would get shot! Too many trigger happy idiots with guns handy these days. Sad to see.

K2 - Happy garage organizing! That temp by you is way too cold for this gal. We're going to get to about 85 today and in my book that is **PERFECT**. Add to that no rain in sight and I'm a happy camper.
Not sure what we're going to do for Thanksgiving this year. We're invited to Elaine's brother's house like last year, but they do end up with about 20+ people. We originally said we would go, but with the increase in virus cases here in Florida, we don't think it's a good idea to be in close contact with that many people who work and go to school. So that might make us be having Thanksgiving dinner all by ourselves. I haven't heard from either of our girls for a while. They don't have time for us these days. :(

Lee -Did you get that flu shot yet? We got ours back in September at Publix and also got a $10. gift card for each of us for getting the free senior shot there. We weren't about to take any chances of getting a serious case of the flu this year. We've got enough things to worry about.

So the hutch has gotten way too quiet these days and we have too many missing bunnies - KC, PQ, San, Negc ... Come back. We all love and miss you! Let's see if that helps!!!!

Now I have to go solve a mystery! Bert can't find his favorite coffee cup. It's the Gibbs one and he uses it every single day. He even washes and dries the cup and puts in back in the same spot daily. Well, apparently he didn't do that yesterday and now he has no idea where he left it in the house. This isn't a huge mansion and it has to be here somewhere. Now it's my turn to go on the hunt.

Y'all have a super Saturday and don't fall for any tricks today! Stay safe and wash those candy sticky hands! :)

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Big RIVARY football game going on here right now between
MSU & U of M.
Tight game .
20 MSU / 17 U of M In the 4th. REED #5 is fantastic....so far!

Trying to draw out Negc with some FOOTBALL CHATTER.

And WE SCORE.....GO GREEN! 27/17. Yeah baby! Go Green.

Okay, I need to get off of this iPad. I know some of you aren’t into sports. ALMOST ANY KIND. Ha ha. .
⚽️⚾️⛳️⛸⛷‍♀️

Well maybe one kind.....

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
This is what I originally can to post. Can’t wait until after Tuesday and I can stop doing this. I know it must drive some of you nuts. Almost as bad as talking FOOD or Doctor stuff all the time.
Tap the picture to see the comment!

Attachments

• 08B70EFF-2055-4592-BA55-84011E3ADBC0.jpeg
    08B70EFF-2055-4592-BA55-84011E3ADBC0.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 8

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
Good afternoon Bunnies.
The Ghost Walk was really fun. There were a number of stops which you followed the online map to. When you arrived your phone would "ding" and you could hit the play button. You then got a 2 - 3 minute story about the history and hauntings of the building. Pretty well done. Especially when it ended at The Salty Dog and we all had a bite to eat and a nice hot coffee under the heater on the patio.
One question Pat. When you find Bert's Gibbs mug are you going to give him a "Gibbs Slap" on the back of his head? I think that there are a lot of folks not prowling the streets tonight due to COVID. Our community centre has a "Trunk to Treat" event. People can register in advance for a spot in the parking lot to sit with their treats. Then people can drive through the parking area and get their treats from the parked car's trunks. Neat, eh? We used to have Devil's Night on the 30th. Like 'Jersey it usually involved toilet papering or egging somebody's house. The little old Italian man who used to run the Mom and Pop grocery wouldn't sell eggs to kids leading up to Devil's Night. So I'm told...
"when I start my organizing and PITCHING OF STUFF!" That's following the rules for your nose Kathie? Just take it easy so you don't wind up back at the doc having to explain why your nose is acting up. Again. I saw that Sean Connery had passed. To me he WAS James Bond. I guess I'm from that era. To many he'd be Indiana Jones Dad. Once the border opens not only would you and Art be welcome but we can cross to Michigan and get all the neat grocery stuff that's not available here! Like the "Just Crack and Egg" thingies.
"Newscasters are in a no win position when it comes to reporting shortages. If they do report them it can cause others to hoard. But if they don't report them they'll be accused of hiding the news from the public." Fake News Dave. Just plain Fake News. So, the question begs to be asked. What "Super Car" would you buy if money and mobility were no object? For me it would be a McLaren F1. Burnt Orange with red and black trim and a black leather interior with red stitching in the leather. Hey, A guy can dream, can't he. But first I'm going to start a go fund me page for that poor Cher girl. We need to get that girl some clothes that fit without being stretched like the ones on that ship!
As for the flu shots we have to call Monday. They should be in and we'll make an appointment and go on Tuesday.
Well, byr for now.
Hi to the rest of the gang!

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
27. MSU.... U of M.. 24
Michigan State Wins a huge game (AWAY) in the enemies stadium in Ann Arbor. Damn it’s a-shame Covid had to take away the Tailgating and the Victory parties. (Not that that’ll stop them in East Lansing tonight. This is a huge WIN!

Okay, I’m done....I know nobody really cares. Ha Ha.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Getting ready to head for G&E's house. Not sure what time we'll be home tonight, so I'll just check out now for this horrible Halloween. Don't forget to turn your clock back before going to bed.
Oh and one last thing ... Bert found his mug! After all the places we looked, it was in the most logical one for him - in the microwave where he had planned to head up a cup of coffee but got distracted (oh, look a bunny!) and never did. Mystery solved!! :)
Peace Out Goodbye GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Look what was running loose in our neighborhood tonight!
Click on the picture to see it bigger.
Should get the BEST Costume Award since we beat lived here. Not too many houses handing out candy. Long walks between the ones that were. I drove out of our subdivision really slow and checked things out. Lots of driveway put fires. Neat idea. I didn’t feel as bad for not sitting out in the cold after I saw there weren’t too many houses participating.

Got all the flowers pulled. Worked on the garage a little. Tomorrow I’ll do some more.
The Old refrigerator is taking up a lot of space. Can't wait to try and list it again after the garage is back in order.

I washed a soft Lux-Velor or something like that name that was in the basement cedar closet for years. I was going to take it to the folks that help out the homeless in Detroit. Well, when I came back to put it in the DRYER it was in 1” SHREDS everywhere. It made me laugh. Took me forever to pick it all out of the washer. Can you imagine if I didn’t wash it and some homeless guy had it over himself in the rain and it disintegrated. Yikes.

The Siren just went off so Trick or Treating is officially over for 2020!

Attachments

• B4AD1640-70C2-4F18-AE93-77C6CE910CF5.jpeg
    B4AD1640-70C2-4F18-AE93-77C6CE910CF5.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 7

fatherdav55

2nd Officer
Well HI there KC! So nice to see you pop in. Don't be so scarce. So what have you been up to?

Good Sunday morning guys. Soon, at 9, "CBS Sunday Morning" will be on. A bit of a palate cleanser from the week's news. Always taking a more lighthearted look at things.

A week from now, PLEASE let it be decided who won the Presidential race. I so worry about lawsuits being taken to the courts.

Yes, Sean Connery is the best and most memorable James Bond.

Although it sucks, I'm so glad to see you guys are deciding to avoid large gatherings over the holiday. Due to asymptomatic virus carriers I trust no one. No matter how close they are and how much I trust them not to intentionally hurt me. Didn't turn on the porch light for trick-or-treaters yesterday. Not even for the grandkids. We still saw them and their costumes on Zoom calls. Plus Kathi and I won't get together with any relatives on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Which, like K2 said, can suck the Joyous Holiday Spirit out of you.

Congrats on the Michigan State win, K2. Something tells me that you didn't expect it to go that way. THE Ohio State Buckeyes didn't do so shabby yesterday either.

You're so right about there being too many people out there who are trigger-happy, BB. It seems that once they buy a gun for self protection they are looking for a reason to use it. The world is at peace again, now that the hunt for Bert's cup is over.

You asked what "Super Car" I'd buy if I had the money and the mobility to get in and out of it, Lee. Never had one particular car in mind, but it has to be a 2 seater, convertible, sports car. I once had an MG. A riot to drive, was always in the shop getting fixed, even though I bought it brand new. I learned one thing about sports cars; The drivers of them give a little toot of the horn when they pass another one.

Not much planned for the day. Around her we've reached the past-peak point of fall foliage. And the recent heavy rains have only help knock the colorful leaves off the trees.

Yes, we will get through this. At least knowing that gives me a smile this morning.

K2-Mich

Wacky Wabbit
Good Morning Wrabbits! No LEFTOVER CANDY at our house. Oh wait....we DIDN’T BUY ANY CANDY THIS YEAR!

Hi there KC. Curious minds want to know if your self Quarantine is over? With the country wide COVID numbers SPIKING in every city of the USA and other countries you were in the SAFEST place you could be during your quarantine time. Hope to see more of you on here! Missed you, SAN and NEGC.

Dave: regarding that HUGE WIN over the “other” Michigan football team.....YES we were totally surprised at the difference in the the team from the previous weeks play. We were the underdog, but happy to WIN and it was even sweeter in ENEMY TERRITORY! Go GREEN!

Not much on tap here at our house today. I’m looking at the one clock on the family room wall and it still has the old time on it. Try as we may, there always seems to be ONE clock we miss changing before going to bed.
It says 9:25 am and computer screen says 8:25 am! Wonder how many people, who actually go to our church, will be sitting in the parking lot wait for it to open because they didn’t change their CLOCKS BACK. Bummer.

We're in for some NASTY weather here today. Winds are already blowing leaves off the huge 2 Maple trees out in front of the house. And they just said we might get scattered light RAIN AND SNOW later this afternoon. I guess NOVEMBER is making itself known big time.

SAN: Haven’t heard much about the fires in CA this past week. Has the quality of the air in your area gotten much better yet? Sure hope so. Stop by sometime and let us know how things are going with you and Nancy.

LEE: If you took your pups out to the River Park this morning I hope they had their Winter Coats on. Brrr. That wind is bitter. It’s 45F here now.

Negc/Rita: Have you FIRMED up your Florida plans? Stop by and share your schedule.
I miss our VACATION LIST that SAN did a excellent mob of keeping for us in the past. Can’t wait until we ALL can hopefully have a similar vacation list again. I think 2022 would be a target year.

I smell fresh coffee need some of that right now.
Have a SAFE SUNDAY. HOPE WE DON’T get any SNOW HERE!

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Good morning! I hope none of you got spooked last night!

Going to make this short for right now. We're going to head for the Grille for brunch. It's a comfortable 83 degrees, so brunch on the patio is quite doable. I'll stop by after we get home again. :)

A’Burg Guy

Environmental Compliance Officer
It's a comfortable 83 degrees, so brunch on the patio is quite doable.
Have you been told today Pat? I’m glad Bert found his mug. Is that the one with all of Gibb’s rules on it?
Like Kathie across the river we have strong winds out of the west and off and on rain. Just enough that the fence building next door was cancelled after an hour.
It was nice to get a bit of a shout out from President Obama yesterday. While in Michigan he compared Canada’s COVID numbers to those in the US.
Dave, I admire all of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving and likely Christmas in smaller groups.
We are hosting Jan, Dave, Katie, Emmy and Simon for Christmas dinner. Oh settle down on that bubble thing folks. Katie, Emmy and Simon are their Greyhounds. It’s nice to celebrate with friends who otherwise would be home with their pups too.
Yes Kathie, we all were bundled upon our morning wall this morning. Dang that was cold down by the river. Bear comes for the ride but stays in the van. Congrats on The Spartans big, really big, win in Wolverine Country yesterday.
Come by again when you can’t stay so long Karen.
That coffee smell us sure drifting along way! I can smell it here. Oh wait. It is here.
Stay safe my friends. All of you!

GilroyCA

Dance Instructor
Good afternoon from Gilroy with clear blue skies. No rain or smoke in site. Healthy air quality.

last week was eventful. On Monday I lost my friend Hugh to a major heart attack. He and I used to go sailing all the time. Tuesday was a video check up with my doctor. Wednesday was my baseline CT Scan. Thursday I got two emails from doctors telling me that so far no evidence of cancer. I wii have to have CT Scans every 3 to six months.

Levi now has his own theme song. Instrumental of Neil Diamond’s “Forever in Blue Jeans“. Remember ,his name is Levi.

for the first time they took him on an off road trip not using a crate . He took to that immediately standing up with his feet up on the seat bam,ears flying in the wind. The video had his theme song playing.

Take care everyone.

Bellalago Belle

2nd Officer
Finally getting a chance to get back here. Where the heck has this day flown to???? Brunch was delicious and it was beautiful out on the patio overlooking the lake. It's really rough living here, but someone's got to do it!! ;)

Our Halloween party at D&E's was a lot of fun plus a lot of food. So much so, we have to go back there in about an hour to help consume some more food. Ethan & Keagan went trick or treating in their neighborhood. Surprisingly, they got a lot of candy. They dumped it all out on the table in front of us and told me to take what I wanted. Needless to say I took a could of Reese's and a few small bags of Whopper's. Now I have to make then last.

San - So sorry to hear about your friend Hugh passing. I'm sure that came as quite a shock to you, but now you get to cherish the many memories you made with him over the years.
Glad you got a great report from the doctor! I bet you were thrilled with what he told you. Also glad that your air quality has improved.
Saw those pictures of Levi out on the ATV. He really adapted quickly to that lifestyle. He definitely is a keeper. That Neil Diamond song is one of my favorites too.

Lee -Definitely the weather is changing, as you felt this morning. Only Bear had any sense to stay in the van. Time to put on an extra layer of clothes for those walks. Before you know it, winter will be knocking on the door.
Congrats to the Bills beating New England. Steelers won #7 in a row!!

We too are changing our Thanksgiving plans. G&E told us last night that they would not be going to Elaine's brother for dinner this year either. Now we have to see how this will all come together around here.

Time to get ready to head out for another free meal. We're getting good at that! Guess I'll see you call tomorrow, as I doubt I'll be on the computer any more after we get home. Have a good evening, everyone!:)