Recovering from Double-bypass and feeling really good!

D

Don B

I had double bypass surgery 11 days ago, and I am doing well. I had gone in for a treadmill test Tuesday before Easter. The results of that was a heart catheter scheduled for Holy Thursday. I went immediately from the cath into surgery to bypass what they call the Widow Maker Lesion. The cardiologist said I would have probably had a fatal heart attack within the next 4 weeks had I not come in to address this. God put me in the right place talking to the right people who convinced me to see a doctor and quit just chalking it up to "stress". I am grateful for the blessings God has given me. So let me share some advice with you:

If you feel a bit of pain or tightness in the middle of your chest,
If you have a soreness like a toothache under the corner of your jaw,
If you have no stamina doing chores that used to be a breeze,
ESPECIALLY if you have family history of heart problems.....

SEE A CARDIOLOGIST IMMEDIATELY!!!!
Sad to say, but my family doctor had been told last year of all of the items above, but all he did was increase my blood pressure medication.

P.S. Angie and I are booked on the Fantasy in October. I am glad that I can expect to (God willing) be on board.

N

nieciez

Glad to hear you were being looked over from above and all is going well. Continued health and go and enjoy that cruise! :thumb

S

ShipMaven

God bless you! He certainly was looking over you.

May you continue on the road to complete recovery.

K

KathyC

Glad to hear this has been taken care of & that you're on the road to recovery. Now you will be in tip top shape for that fall cruise.

C

conniecat

Wow, good thing you had that test! Hope you continue to improve! Don't let the dag jump on you, lol.

R

Rubysky

CAREBAND-AIDEMOUSE.gif

Glad you were diagnosed in time and are getting better.

C

Cruise cutie

=hugs Don, and may it be ALL better.. glad to know you got the draw in your favour...:thumb.. and I concur with ALL of your very fabulous medical advice...nice touch to throw that in!!...BTW...give Dorrie big old puppy scritches from us too..and =bigwave on that booking too!!!!...:grin..Joanne

D

Donna - dsw

Good to see ya posting. You just never know what is around the corner. Glad you are on the road to recovery and listened to your doctor.

Enjoy your count down!

J

JANPEP

Good thing you went in to be checked out.
Hope thing's continue to improve.
Prayer's & good thought's are on the way from MN.

G

GloBug

Good news, definitely something to catch early. Medicine is amazing nowadays...