RCCL QUANTUM CLASS SHIPS

MisterD21

If you take me serious, it's your problem
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been reading articles on RCCL's newest ship class. formerly known as "project sunshine". With RCCL still awaiting completion of 1 or 2 more oasis class ships they are already beginning testing/construction of two quantum class ships to begin service in later 2014, early 2015.

I was wondering if anyone has been able to find any info on the ship design/layout, and perhaps deck plans. I mean i got questions... lots of questions. like for instance, are they going to be even larger behemoths than the oasis class? will they "fix" the deck layouts to make it easier to navigate the ships? will RCCL finally increase their incredibly small cabin sizes for this class of ships(something they really didn't increase much in the oasis class)? i got tons more... but i'll wait till people have had a chance to post what they know s far...

Cruizer

Staff Captain
Thanks to the success of the ships with real grass owned by Celebrity, Royal Caribbean has decided to expand on that theme with the project Sunshine ships ...

start-up-ships.jpg

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
All I have heard is that they will be about the same size as the Freedom-class.
I think more will be revealed April 16 from RCI. On the other hand it's always fun to speculate!

So on my wishlist are:

- Solarium that can be covered
- Royal Promenade
- Better sea view than in existing Voyager/Freedom class
- Outdoor part of Windjammer
- 3 deck main dining room (traditional dining not "Freestyle")
- Wrap around promenade
- Some smaller lounges/bars
- Aft cabins with big balconies
- Gas turbines instead of diesel engines (OK, not that important maybe but as a gas turbine engineer I can see the advantages... :biggrin: but I know it will NOT happen :whistle:)

Oh yea - I almost forgot; many poles for dancing... :biggrin:

About cabin size, when I compare RCI's bigger ships (not Oasis class though) with Carnivals and Disneys biggest the balcony cabins are about the same size with RCI in a small "lead" (also with bigger balconies on RCI), the seaview is slightly smaller on RCI and the interior is 20-30 sqft smaller on RCI. Seems RCI put all their eggs in the balcony cabins.

/Erik

Einstein

Staff Captain
I'm with ya on the Solarium Pool idea Funnel. :clap: Not sure how on can classify a solarium pool as one without being covered but RCCL does. :whistle:

MisterD21

If you take me serious, it's your problem
I'm with ya on the Solarium Pool idea Funnel. :clap: Not sure how on can classify a solarium pool as one without being covered but RCCL does. :whistle:

Well, on the last cruise i did with RCCL, on the EOS, the solarium was closed every time i was there(and i don't think they did it special for me... i mean i'm good, hell... i'm damn good, but not that good). Even in the evenings, and calm days where there was little to no breezes. so i guess that would be one way to call it a solarium.... just keep the damned things closed and voila... solarium.
:biggrin:

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Yes they did....................................