Ramblers ramble ramble ramble

B

BostonsJ

Pheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww did I work my butt off today. I got some raking done and picked up branches and twigs. Got the garden raked out and ordered some seed. I ordered a fountain bird seeder with money my Mom gave me for my BD. I've been churning laundry, watched a tiny bit of the race, napped through most of it and got my house cleaned.

I made a huge Greek Salad for lunch, I have got to get better with my eating habits. I'm still full from the salad 5 hours later and haven't even thought about eating dinner yet.

I just got a box packed up for the kidlets in Boston. And Killian got a little clipping earlier.

I'm still churning laundry and will be throwing a few things in a dryer bag with a dry cleaning sheet.

It has been a very productive day around here for sure, it feels good. It always feels good when I can work outside.

Audra just called and asked me where I had been she called me while I was raking? :lol Boy she keeps close tabs on me.

I just painted my nails and my feet are going into my foot bath as soon as I shower, it is spring and almost time for sandals. Gotta get those feet in good shape!

So what did you do today? I hope you all enjoyed.

P

popcorn

Re: Ramblers ramble ramble ramble

I get tired reading what all you accomplish on your day off!!

We went to Church, my cousin made a pit stop here on her way home, then Alf & I went to the store for a few groceries & to pick up our prescriptions. As we had a late lunch, we are now going to have a bowl of clam chowder and a few crackers.

Turned out to be a fairly decent day which was surprising as they had said it would be a wet weekend.

Liz

J

JacquieP

I accomplished absolutely nothing today, because I'm still having finger issues. Early in March, I was cleaning out my Dad's attic (or TRYING!) and got my left index finger caught between a box and a roofing nail, and the nail stuck me. I didn't think anything about it, because it didn't get infected and appeared to heal up - until day 3 of our Mexican Riviera cruise. It got sore on our whale watch, and started sending red streaks up my arm, so I had to pay the infirmary a visit every day for the rest of the cruise. I have pretty serious arthritis in my hands, so the infection destroyed the remaining cartilage on the joint just behind my fingernail. I have to see the Orthopedic doc again tomorrow, and will probably have to have my finger fused. Only the muscles are holding the finger together, because the joint is too unstable. Now, if I could train the furbabies to do laundry.....

C

conniecat

Boy, it has been a long time since I could accomplish that much in a day. These days I consider it a busy day when I walk to the mail box! I am getting more and more decrepit every day. I told someone the other day that I was going back to eating sugar because it was going to be the asthma that killed me not the diabetes. She asked if I had OK'd that with my doctor. Totallly thought I was serious.

Still having trouble sleeping. Finally got comfortable last night, then after about 2 hours, Simon and Max went berserk and made the rounds of my home, down the hall around the couch thru the kitchen, down the hall again and jump on Mom, the do it all again. Then Maxie decided there was buried treasure under my covers and he went digging for it. That sent him flying off the bed, and started the steeplechase again.One of these day I am going to try to get a video of it just so you guys can hear how loud they are. Windows rattle, chandeliers sway, it measures on the Richter scale. I finally got back to sleep, then Simon decided he wanted loving and that was it, I gave up and got up. Now my eyes keep closing, but I know if I take a nap then I will have trouble sleeping tonight again. I think this means another trip to the Dr for another shot of Kenalog.(wonderful, life giving stuff!!!) (I just hate the cortisone crash when it wears off!!) Oh, I am a mess!

B

BostonsJ

Jacquie and Connie I'm sorry you both are suffering from ailments that you keep from doing what you want to. Hugs........

D

Donna - dsw

Well, I started this am at 8:00 with washing, cooking breakfast, loading the dishwasher.
Then it was calling friends and answering emails.
Then strip bed and maket.
Off to the grocery and shopping for a dress for two weddings I have to attend.
Came home and put everything up.
Made lunch and cleaned up.
Then I box up a walker I have to take to UPS to ship to my dad tomorrow.
Talked to Denise on the phone - -thanks for the break - it was needed. lol
Made dinner
Clened up mess from that and packed lunch for tomorrow.
Cleaned out the plastic / tupperware cabinet and matched bowls with lids and pitched everything that didn't match.
Did a double work out to Richard Simmons - since I didn't have time to walk today and it is dark now! lol
Took a shower and got my nightgown on
Watched Extreme Makeover - finally took a break and now I am posting - going to bed soon as I am worn out!

Judy = you sound like me.

Connie and Jacquie - I am so sorry you are both having health issues.

Hope you all get better!

S

seamom

I was with you BJ doing the gardening. As much as my old knees are ailing with arthritis, THAT is the exercise I enjoy. All that fresh air, seeing the neighbours after a long winter for a chat as they pass by......and I had yellow crocuses in bloom with tons of other bulbs soon to follow even though the mounds of ice and snow have only just melted this week. Five leaf bags full later, I finally came in re-energized and cooked a grand meal of stuffed rolled porkloin with goatcheese and sweet and white scalloped potatoes. Wonder how I'll feel in the morning!