Radiance or Voyager class ship

L

loisagogo

The Radiance of the Seas will be changing the the western Caribbean (Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman) in December 2003. If we book a cruise should we choose the Radiance (smaller ship/less people) or one of the Voyager class ships. Either the new Navigator or the Explorer( Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Labadee, Cozumel) ? The Voyager class offers more to do and see while on the ship but the Radiance looks prettier. Has anyone been on both types of ships and what is your opinion?

L

Little Irene

I've been on the Voyager three times. There's lots to do in each port, so no problem there....last "smaller" ship we did was the Rhapsody. They are both beautiful, but the Royal Promenade in the Voyager ship was really something to see. It felt like we were in a Giant Hotel that had quaint little boutiques and cafes in the lobby., very open and not closed in...

I almost can't bring myself to go back to a smaller ship. Try it at least once, you won't regret it, even if you don't choose a bigger ship again.

L

Lady Jag(Bobbie)

I've cruised both the Radiance and the Adventure of the Seas, which is the newest ship in the Voyager class. I really expected that we'd prefer the Voyager class ship, but we didn't. There were 12 of us all together, two weeks ago on the AOS and none of us would do that large of a ship again. Our ages ranged from 7 yrs. to 72 yrs., with most of us in the 37-49 age bracket.

It all depends upon what you're looking for in a cruise. If you want to be "wowed" and have a lot of physical activities to choose from, then choose the Voyager class ships. If you want better food, a 'classier', more elegant ship that is more intimate, choose the Radiance. They both have their good points and I really think everyone should cruise on a Voyager class ship once, but for us, once was enough.