Premium drinks package

Harleybaby

Hello,

Hubby has upgraded us both to the Premium drinks package and I was wondering what Champagnes are on offer on the ship

We are sailing on the 18th on the Silhouette :)

George C

Staff Captain
Not sure if there are any champagne included, I am sure there is sparkling wine, I think package includes 13 and under . We didn’t go over the premium package once on our July cruise, but have in the past , so if champagne is 16 and package limit is 13 , then you pay 3 plus tip.

old guy

2nd Officer
Don't know much about the Champagne but if both of you have a premium drink package be prepared to drink up
if you want to break even on what you paid for the premium drink package. If you can drink 10 to 15 drinks a day you
may come close to breaking even. I tried on a recent 7 day cruise and may have come close but I'm sure I didn't drink
what I paid for. However it is nice to just walk up to the bar get a drink as many times as you want and not worry about
a surprise bill at the end of the cruise.

George C

Staff Captain
To break even at most 6 drinks are needed considering champagne will be about the max of your drink package which is 15 , you also get water and soda with package.

old guy

2nd Officer
Yes George the premium package will be easy to break even on drinking Champagne and many bottle waters, soda and premium coffees. Also if ordering drinks at the bar depending on what you are drinking always ask for top of the line and not well drinks. Sometimes I walk up to the bar and ask for the most expensive whiskey, tequila or vodka ect. If you drink plenty of those you can break even in no time.

George C

Staff Captain
Celebrity also bundles drink package , tips , WiFi and on board credit into price , I thought the cost was pretty reasonable for a sky suite with everything. Also as you previously said it’s nice not getting a surprise bill.

old guy

2nd Officer
George here is the problem for us. We go on a themed cruise that charters Celebrity. So none of the all included applies to our cruise.
Yes now all Celebrity cruises include drinks, tips and Wifi but not for the cruise we go on as it is a charter. So having the drink package
which we had to purchase saved us a lot of worry at the bar.

George C

Staff Captain
George here is the problem for us. We go on a themed cruise that charters Celebrity. So none of the all included applies to our cruise.
Yes now all Celebrity cruises include drinks, tips and Wifi but not for the cruise we go on as it is a charter. So having the drink package
which we had to purchase saved us a lot of worry at the bar.
We do also , but we do suites and you still get free drinks in suite lounge all day , high end suites get free drink package also. Which charters do you cruise? We have done rock and romance 4 times, would like to do flower power , but have not booked that yet.

old guy

2nd Officer
We are on the Flower Power first was 2018 booked 2020 and 2021 both canceled due to covid. This year 2022 we made the cruise
it was great and already booked for 2023.

George C

Staff Captain
We were lucky our rock and romance was February 2020 right before they stopped cruising , we are also booked for 2023 for rock and romance, some of the stars cruise both flower power and rock and romance, we had a great conversation with drummer from Guess Who in suite dinning room. Also ran into several artist in suite lounge like America and others .

old guy

2nd Officer
Yes George we have also had encounters with the celebrities at times. Talked with Vinny Martel of Vanilla Fudge great guy no rock star ego.
Some performers are more fan friendly than others. Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits is about the worst we have encountered. He now uses
a body guard that is with him and if you approach Peter the guard steps in front of you and says "Not Now" But most are very friendly. I have had
some say they don't mind pics and autographs because you guy's put us where we are. The best ever was Paul Revere of the Raiders. He was great
and even remembered us from cruise to cruise. He loved to talk with people and thanked all for being great fans. It was sad to hear of his passing.

George C

Staff Captain
Rita Coolidge and Maria Muldar super friendly got pictures with both . Todd Rundgren was hanging out at martini bar one night , also great concert . Michael McDonald was on with his wife told some great stories. Another great guy who recently passed was B J Thomas , ran into him on a elevator, he shook everyone’s hands that were interested and posed for pictures with those interested. we have a nice collection of signed albums and CDs . Might see you on a future charter cruise. We hosted a few get togethers in our royal suite.

old guy

2nd Officer
Nice to talk with you George. Yes we have a great collection from our Flower Power cruises. Yea hated to hear about BJ Thomas. He was good ole Mississippi boy like me. We just haven't tried the 70's or others due to our ages we stick to the 60's where most everyone on the cruise is our age. I do however enter for a chance at a free cabin on all Star Vista cruises. We actually won in 2018 with the Flower Power cruise. If we ever win a cabin on the 70's maybe we can get together. We are normally once a year cruisers but if we win a free cabin we would do back to back.

George C

Staff Captain
I much prefer 60’s music which I grew up with but my much younger wife loves and grew up on 70’s music, we got a email from the group America giving us a discount and that’s why we do rock and romance, it’s almost impossible to get a suite for flower power they normally sell out immediately. Very cool winning a free cruise . We normally cruise twice a year , I am retired but wife is still working.