PEB.. Alaska Cruise?

red stripe

Staff Captain
refresh my memory please.
ship, itinerary etc.

we did one last year, a land/sea thingee, and it was very interesting. Other than the white water rafting...:emoticon 0104 surprised:

PEB

Staff Captain
refresh my memory please.
ship, itinerary etc.

we did one last year, a land/sea thingee, and it was very interesting. Other than the white water rafting...:emoticon 0104 surprised:

We have cruised Alaska 22 times so far but our upcoming trip is on the Crown Princess. We are doing B2B. The first cruise is an 11 day going to Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway, Icy Straight, Sitka, Hubbard Glacier, Victoria and starts and ends in Vancouver. The second sailing is the same except only 10 days missing Victoria. We will be heading to Vancouver by train and spend a few days in advance visiting some friends in Vancouver. We will be on the first cruise and the train with some newbies from our area that have never cruised before. They wanted to go with someone that had cruised before so they would have someone show them the ropes.

red stripe

Staff Captain
We love Alaska also. We have done the straight Alaska cruises, with different lines, we have done similar to you, where we cruise up, then spend a couple of weeks in different lodges. all land portion arranged by E.
but the one last year was the first )and last) time that we did a Land/cruise package. THEY arrange the land portion. Although it was a great trip, the constant changing of lodges was wearing. Sometimes we would be in a lodge for only one night. When E arranged things, we spent a minimum of three days in each place.

ON this trip we went to the Yukon territory, Dawson City. Talk about being out in the back of beyond! but we loved it! it was a very interesting place. My most favorite stop!

Naturally we went to Diamond Gerties.. what a hoot.. a good time was had by all:beer4::beercheers::cheerleader:

We did pass up on the chance to become members in the "Sourtoe Cocktail club" lol :sick:

And we went whitewater rafting in Juneau.. we capsized..... but that is another story! :eek:

PEB

Staff Captain
We love Alaska also. We have done the straight Alaska cruises, with different lines, we have done similar to you, where we cruise up, then spend a couple of weeks in different lodges. all land portion arranged by E.
but the one last year was the first )and last) time that we did a Land/cruise package. THEY arrange the land portion. Although it was a great trip, the constant changing of lodges was wearing. Sometimes we would be in a lodge for only one night. When E arranged things, we spent a minimum of three days in each place.

ON this trip we went to the Yukon territory, Dawson City. Talk about being out in the back of beyond! but we loved it! it was a very interesting place. My most favorite stop!

Naturally we went to Diamond Gerties.. what a hoot.. a good time was had by all:beer4::beercheers::cheerleader:

We did pass up on the chance to become members in the "Sourtoe Cocktail club" lol :sick:

And we went whitewater rafting in Juneau.. we capsized..... but that is another story! :eek:
We have been to Dawson City as well as done whitewater rafting. I have done a lot of different things in Alaska. I even worked at a Princess Lodge one summer in Alaska. I always seem to find something different to do each trip the one thing I do each trip is a whale watch. There are 7 types of whales in Alaska and I have seen 5 of them. I am kind of a fanatic on whales.

red stripe

Staff Captain
How funny :) we walked the whole area, went all along the river, took the ferry, Did the museums.. not as boring as most are. saw the paddle-wheeler graveyard, and explored the (still standing) paddle-wheeler "Keno". took a drive up to the Midnight dome to see the sunset.
Heck.. even the visitors center here is filled with interesting stuff. I do not think that we missed a thing!

I would love to go back there again..
and something interesting about Dawson.. a lot of the money made from Diamond Gerties etc. is turned back into the community.

Most people that you meet are working two jobs during the very short "summer" season. They work all that they can, as they are facing a very long winter, where jobs will be short.

But as stated.. we did not join the club :sick: I think that I would have gagged!
OK.. sat here now.. I wish that I had joined lol

sarwat

We have been to Dawson City as well as done whitewater rafting. I have done a lot of different things in Alaska. I even worked at a Princess Lodge one summer in Alaska. I always seem to find something different to do each trip the one thing I do each trip is a dolphin watching. There are 7 types of whales in Alaska and I have seen 5 of them. I am kind of a fanatic on whales.
that sounds incredible..Dawson City and whitewater rafting must have been amazing experiences. Working at a Princess Lodge sounds fun. Your passion for whale watching is impressiv seeing 5 out of 7 types is fantastic...

seamom

Staff Captain
We have been to Dawson City as well as done whitewater rafting. I have done a lot of different things in Alaska. I even worked at a Princess Lodge one summer in Alaska. I always seem to find something different to do each trip the one thing I do each trip is a whale watch. There are 7 types of whales in Alaska and I have seen 5 of them. I am kind of a fanatic on whales.
PEB, ever considered a trip to Tadoussac, Quebec? A lovely area and quite the area for whale watching in the St. Lawrence! We saw 6 beluga float past while we waited in the car for the ferry to cross Saguenay, the fjord ( we returned by land after ‘discovering’ this magic biosphere on a New England/Canada cruise). It was end of season but we did see a number of minke and humpback not far from shore.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
PEB, ever considered a trip to Tadoussac, Quebec? A lovely area and quite the area for whale watching in the St. Lawrence! We saw 6 beluga float past while we waited in the car for the ferry to cross Saguenay, the fjord ( we returned by land after ‘discovering’ this magic biosphere on a New England/Canada cruise). It was end of season but we did see a number of minke and humpback not far from shore.
FYI Some New England cruises go up the Saguenay. Some do not. Those that do generally see whales. Double check your cruise line as there are special licenses required now. Friends were on a line that advertised the itinerary but failed to get the lic. Missed it.

PEB

Staff Captain
We have did a Canada/ New England cruise in 2019 but didn't get to Tadoussac. We did not see any whales when we took our cruise.