Our little furbaby Sheba - RIP

H

herb

On Friday evening our little Sheba had to be put to sleep. In the last week or so she went downhill quite quickly; she had no interest in eating, was purring very loudly and had trouble walking. Her abdomen was very swollen.

Our daughter Stephanie brought her in on Friday afternoon with her to work at the animal hospital where they realized she was suffering from cancer and had tumors and masses in her stomach. Unfortunately I was already at work, but JoAnn went out after work and she and Stephanie were with her when she took her final breath. I was okay at work, but when I got home and saw her empty food dish and water bowl as well as her not sleeping on the chair she always sleeps it hit me quite hard.

I know that time heals all wounds, and we know that Sheba was 17 years old, but it never seems to be the right time to say a final goodbye.

Rest in peace little Sheba, you will be missed :angel

of=50,590,441

W

Whimsy

Herb, I am so sorry. What a very beautiful cat. She looks very much like my Bootsie, only Bootsie has white paws. I wish we could keep our furbabies forever but that isn't how things work.

C

conniecat

Ah, Herb I am so sorry. 17 years is not long enough when you love a pet. My son had to take my beloved PD to the vet for me because I just couldn't stand it,I went to work so I would be kept occupied. But he forgot to put away his dish and favorite toys and I saw them when I got home, so I know how that made you feel. Hope the pain eases soon for you. She was a beautiful cat.

L

lady-bug

I am so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful kitty. She looks very much like my daughter's cat.

You're right, even at a ripe old age of 17, it is never old enough to be the right time to say good-bye.

My 16 year old cat has been diagnosed with CRF, an irreversable and fatal shutdown of the kidneys. So far she is doing okay with IV fluids we give her, but I know the inevitable is around the corner. It's hard to prepare for. They give us so much unconditional love.

Hopefully soon there will come a time when the mourning is replaced by fond memories. You have my sincere sympathy. Take care.......

C

Corky

Oh, poor kitty. Sheba had a great life, may you soon find peace in your memories. =hug

J

JANPEP

Oh Herb, I'am so very sorry for your loss. Sheba sure was a beautiful cat, man 17 year's old, she did live a long life.
Just know that she is no longer suffering.

K

Krazy Kruizers

So sorry that you lost a member of your family. But at least she will not suffer any more.

R

reggae

Sorry to hear this Herb. I'm sure she was a good friend to all of you. God bless...

C

Cruise cutie

:( hugs my Birthday Brother, and my heart aches for you all too.. we lost our Kitty Hester in September after 18 years.. and it takes a loonngg time, a rough year with my beloved Scooter too.. hugs to you ; JoAnn and Stephanie too from Mark and I...Sheba was a real beauty..:daisy...Joanne

N

nieciez

Oh Herb....I am so sorry to read of your loss. May Sheba find renewed health over rainbow bridge. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

B

BostonsJ

Herb I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful cat and I know she will be feeling well and frolicing in furbaby heaven. It will take a real long time for you to heal as others have said. I still can't talk about Woobie and Pheobie without tearing up. And all of Pheobie's toys are still in a pile in the spare bedroom. I can't seem to part with them.

Take care.

K

korinalacount

My condolences on your great loss,what a beautiful cat,pets fill our hearts so its such a big void when they are gone,remember all the wonderful times with Sheba,she looks like she was very beloved. Hugs!

E

elliottsmama

Herb,
I am truly very sorry. You actually made me cry this morning. Next to my family, animals are my truest passion. You will never forget but it WILL hurt less in time.

R

Rubysky

rainbowcat2.jpg

Cat's Eulogy (With Love)

Don't be sad you had to end my pain
And know that you will see me once again
God's given me a place to wait for you
And you know what? He says He loves me too!!!

There's lots of different critters all around
In Heaven there's no evil to be found
So all of us just seem to get along
And Angels serenade us with their songs

People here are kind and stroke my fur
And they all seem to love it when I purr
I'm no longer sick so I am glad
Please don't fill your days by being sad

I haven't really gone that far away
And I'm really looking forward to the day
That we can be together up above
In this land of peace and happiness and love

[size=x-small]- Karen Post

Written December 15, 2007[/size]

R

r8derfan

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby. My heartfelt sympathy for you.

T

The Cruiser

My furbabies are greeting Sheba at the Rainbow Bridge. Sorry for your loss.

S

ShipMaven

My heartfelt condolences at your loss, Herb and JoAnn. The one consolation you can have immediately is that you did the right thing for Sheba. Those left behind are the ones who hurt. I'm certain that my beloved Topaz was among the @ddicts' furbabies who were there at Rainbow Bridge to greet your Sheba. :angel

B

Beryl

I'm so sad for you Herb! It is just amazing how those little creatures worm their way into our hearts and our lives. We get so much more from them than we give and that truly unconditional love is a rare and beautiful thing! =hug=hug=hug

D

duskbat

I feel the pain you do. I am sorry for the loss of your cat. God Bless. The are so important to us.