Our Allure cruise in grand suite

George C

Staff Captain
we booked our normal grand suite for this 8 day Caribbean cruise, we almost always book same week which is the week after thanksgiving.
suite- very nice suite with large balcony and large bathroom with double sinks, only negative is it’s a little difficult to get into the shower since it is a tub , the older I get the more I dislike this.
We we’re a little disappointed in the suite perks in previous years you get reserved seats for all the shows now they only do this for extremely high end suites . Suite lounge is very nice and you can get water,soda and beer all day . Drinks are available from 5 to 8. There is also a suite restaurant that you can eat in for all your meals.
covid restrictions- it was necessary to have all your Covid shots and also have a Covid test 2 days before boarding. One of the things I disliked was if a bar allowed unvaccinated (children) then you weren’t allowed to sit at the barstools. On the bars that you needed to be totally vaccinated you could sit at the bar.
Allure is a oasis class ship , great entertainment, ice show , aqua show , Broadway play Mama Mia, comedy club and jazz club , also a pub with a guitar player singer and a Latin bar with a band. You need to reserve your seats for all the shows but ship was only about 50 percent full so wasn’t hard to get seats normally.
we visited Coco cay, St Thomas, St Maarten and San Juan , unfortunately we were told because of unrest not to visit French side on St Maarten which has our favorite beach.
getting on board was easy you needed to go at your assigned time . Getting off was a improvement in past you waited in a lounge to be called, now you just wait in your cabin , we were off in no time. I will be happy to answer and questions.

Crick

We’re staying on the 8th floor Boardwalk with a balcony overlooking Dazzled. Just wondering if that is a good location?

George C

Staff Captain
You may be able to see aqua show from balcony, may be a little noisy since you will be two decks above the boardwalk but should be fun people watching, also should be able to see zip line.