Norwegian tender times

CallandraM

My husband, toddler & I are cruising Norwegian in the Mexican Riviera. We wanted to book the whale watching tour with the cruise line in Cabo but it booked up before we got a chance to. We decided to book with an outside company. Here's the issue, the excursion ends at 5:00. It's a 5 min walk from where we pick up the tender boat. The cruise ship leaves at 7:00. The cruise line won't tell us yet what time the last tender boat leaves for the cruise ship. From other's experiences, will we have enough time or should we cancel our excursion? (It's the only whale watching excursion we could find that doesn't leave too early and would allow us to bring our 3 yo.)

red stripe

Staff Captain
If it is only a 5 min walk from your excursion boat to the tenders, then you should be fine. Most cruise lines want you back on about 1 hour before they sail.

but this has to be your decision.
what is the cancellation policy for your excursion? If it is cancellable up until a few days before the cruise, then you could let it stand until that time. By then the cruise line should have tender times down.

also, do your homework, google the excursion company to make sure that they are reliable and get their passengers back on the time they stated.

also, see if you can be waitlisted for the tour with your ship. Often people will cancel, and slots open up.

good luck, and whatever you decide, I hope that you enjoy your cruise.