NIECIEZ....Update on digital photo frames

C

Cricket

Hey Nieciez...
I told you I would update you when I looked into a digital photo frame, so I wanted to warn you not to get the 19" Spectrum digital photo frame...it really is not a good product, although most of my problems started with the dealer! I won't mention any web site names, but I have had one heck of a time with ordering this frame and have decided it isn't worth it. I ordered the 19" and received it very quickly, which is a plus to this website, but that is where the plus stops! It came in and it supposedly handles several different size memory cards, which included mine. For some reason mine did not work, so my son-in-law put in a different size memory card , which did work. The screen had a mar on it internally, which showed up as a white line on it, and always was noticable. I decided to return it and had no trouble getting another one a couple days after they received the first one. The second one was a total joke! The outside box was so messed up and when we opened the pakaging we noticed no inside protection at all. There was no air bubble plastic to keep it from sliding in any direction. There was writing on the main box , as if someone had returned it with numbers put on the box. Upon checking this one out, it was totally messed up. The frame was off centered with the back unit, 3 pieces of plastic were missing from the back panel and when lookng at the pictures, it was then lopsided! Just a mess. The company, which, if you want to know, just e-mailed me, was very sympathetic said to return it without any charge and a new order would be arriving in 2 weeks from then. I was very hesitant, but stupid me accepted and they guaranteed they would make sure all the old problems would be taken care of, with good shipping, a NEW frame, etc. I took their word for it and waited...and waited...and waited. I got an e-mail from them today stating that there would be more back order time, and they do not know how long!! That was it. I am going to cancel and get a refund.
Since I have had so much trouble with this order and frame, I decided to do more investigation into another style and brand of frame and found an absolute wonderful brand. It is PHotoVU. THis company gives you a lot of choices to choose the frame style, color, matting colors and material and of course sizes, which by the way can go up to 22"! I have read nothing but great reviews on this frame and I just wanted you to know what I have finally come up with. I am not technically educated, but their frames are all WIFI, which has to do with it being wireless, and computer related. It holds hundreds, probably thousands of pics, which is what I wanted....basically as many as you want.Their frames and all parts are of quality ...but the price is not cheap, so I consider this as an investment. I am so into picture taking that I decided quality is a must with me.
If you want more info just PM me!

D

Donna - dsw

Not Nieciez - but thanks for the info. The problems you had is one reason why when purchasing something that expensive and important - - I don't order - I want to see the item I get.

We are thinking of getting a small one for our family.

Hope you get you photo frame working.

G

GloBug

epinions.com is a great place to go to check out what people think items before you buy. It's the user that finds the bugs! However, there are a few reviews that do like Spectrum frames, so some of the good ones do get through! But, it's ultimately the customer service that tells...

http://www.epinions.com/content_297785855620

N

nieciez

Thanks Cricket...I can't wait to hear how you like the 22" as I want a large on for myself ;) We will probably get Mom and Dad a 9" one. My sister's are handling the purchase. I'll pass on the info to them.