NEWS: Carnival Cruise Line Sells Two Ships and Announces Four Won’t Return Until 2021

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Carnival Cruise Line has announced the sale of Carnival Fascination and Carnival Imagination, which had previously been put on long-term lay-up status and removed from published itineraries.

The sale of Carnival Fascination, launched in 1994, and Carnival Imagination, introduced in 1995, is in line with Carnival Corporation’s plan to accelerate the removal of less efficient ships from its fleet. This follows the sale of Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Inspiration which took place in July.

Read More

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
I'm wondering if Princess is thinking the same thing.
Their is speculation the older P&O/Princess ships will sold. Carnival Corp. raised the number of sjips to be sold from 10 to 18 recently. So stay tuned. The announcements don't come until after they are already sold or being scrapped. Very sad to see.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Their is speculation the older P&O/Princess ships will sold. Carnival Corp. raised the number of sjips to be sold from 10 to 18 recently. So stay tuned. The announcements don't come until after they are already sold or being scrapped. Very sad to see.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they're thinking of selling off the Grand and the Golden and maybe the Sea.