New upsell policy on RCCL

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Hi George. Any idea what they are talking about in referencing that "extra Point" thing for upgrading to a Junior suite? (It's in the last line of that notice.)

George C

Staff Captain
Hi George. Any idea what they are talking about in referencing that "extra Point" thing for upgrading to a Junior suite? (It's in the last line of that notice.)

RCCL gives you 1 point per day towards different levels such as diamond, but when you cruise in a JS or above you get 2 points per day, love the diamond benefits which are for a free lounge with drinks ( for 3 hours a night) and also discounts on booking balcony and above. Hal works the same way on upsells they do not give you extra points for upsell, Hal levels are stars and we are 3 star on Hal

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Thanks George. Ah well, no great loss for us, as we rarely choose to upgrade. I choose the cabin I want and stick to it. Besides we're finally Diamond now too., and not likely to ever earn anything high. ...We haven't experienced the perks yet, since we just hit Diamond on our last cruise. Maybe if I tell hubby about that lounge, I can tempt him into letting me book something soon. :)

George C

Staff Captain
The diamond lounge on the Navigator was really nice and they served hot and cold snacks during a 3 hour happy hour, Diamond also gives you a nice discount on balcony or above cabin's.

Gramma Ann

Environmental Compliance Officer
I enjoy the Diamond Lounge. It is a quiet comfortable place to be. I've met some very enjoyable people there and the lounge host has always been attentative and helpful. The only draw back for me has been that my room mate was not diamond so not allowed to join me there.