New to Carnival!

hedy67

Waiter
Hi! Just started looking but found a carnival cruise to where I want to go, and haven;t been yet.
It is the Carnival Conquest- Eastern Carribean out of FLL.
Anyone been?
Thoughts on the ports?
Best places for a good deal for booking?
Thanks!

Snoopy-

Bar Steward
Hi, your post is a few months old but I'll reply anyway just in case you're still trying to plan something.
I found several itineraries on the Conquest to the Eastern Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale. Most of them had similar ports so I'll review the ports I can remember.

Half Moon Cay is Carnival's private island. It's a secluded beach with a quiet bay. Very pretty place for relaxing.

Grand Turk is a small island. At the port is Margaritaville with a huge pool and a great beach. There are a few tour around the island but not a lot else to do.

Nassau is a good place to go some snorkeling or scuba if you're certified. There are also some private hotel's you can visit for the day here as well if you want to soak up the sun in luxury.

San Juan is a historic place with a couple of forts within walking distance of the port. We've been to this port several times. We did a walking tour of the old city once that was really nice. We also hired a cab to take us to the rain forest for the day once too which was really cool (be sure you have several hours for this type of activity tho since the rain forest is a long way)

St Thomas is a beautiful island. The approach to the island is something not to be missed! There is a lot of pirate legend associated with the island and it's easy to find tours to take you around to several sites. The beaches are also very nice here.

St Maarten is also a very pretty island (honestly, all of them are). It is partly French and partly Dutch. There is an airport right near a beach there where the planes will fly right overhead as they land. It's called Maho Beach. Beaches on the island used to be clothing optional. We didn't go to the beach on our last visit (last beach visit has been several years ago) so I'm not sure if this is still true.

St Kitts is anand I've only visit once so I don't know too much about it. There's a volcano on the island which is cool. We visited a fort, a plantation, and several other small sites around the island. The beaches were pretty but we didn't swim.

There's not a whole lot of info here but maybe there's enough to help you make your decision. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!!