NCL GEM

PEB

Staff Captain
We just booked a B2B on the Gem for Oct 2019 Canada New England. I have cruised many cruise lines but only once on NCL as a passenger and that was about 16 years ago. I did work on NCL Pride of Aloha and Pride of America a little over 10 years ago. Any information you would have on the Gem or a Canada New England cruise would be appreciated.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Hey I don't know anything about NCL other than the usual rumours. But I know where Canada is. lol. What are your Ports.?

PEB

Staff Captain
On way up we are going to Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown, Saguenay and Quebec. On the way back we stop in St. John and Bay of Fundy are stopped at other than Halifax and Charlottetown. We have never been to any of these ports.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
You are about to explore small City East Coast of Canada. Other than Quebec City and Halifax and Sagenay at 500 K 400K and 140 K respectively The other spots are pretty small. I haven't been to any of those spots either. So other than rumours I'm out. Quebec City is old french and walled City. Big history with Canada vs France. We won but apparently lost. lol.
Sagenay 98 % french speaking. Learn a few words and try and they will be friendlier. The spots in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and Esp PEI will be great. Whats really there who knows. Bay of Fundy has one if not the highest tides around if the timing is right make sure you see that. Pretty late for any fall colours I would think. But you might get lucky. Your dollar on shore will be worth about $1.30 if that helps. Most of the towns have their own Specialty Beers, if you guys are into that. Quebec beer :smiley23:

PEB

Staff Captain
You are about to explore small City East Coast of Canada. Other than Quebec City and Halifax and Sagenay at 500 K 400K and 140 K respectively The other spots are pretty small. I haven't been to any of those spots either. So other than rumours I'm out. Quebec City is old french and walled City. Big history with Canada vs France. We won but apparently lost. lol.
Sagenay 98 % french speaking. Learn a few words and try and they will be friendlier. The spots in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and Esp PEI will be great. Whats really there who knows. Bay of Fundy has one if not the highest tides around if the timing is right make sure you see that. Pretty late for any fall colours I would think. But you might get lucky. Your dollar on shore will be worth about $1.30 if that helps. Most of the towns have their own Specialty Beers, if you guys are into that. Quebec beer :smiley23:

Thanks for the reply. We have never been to this area so it will all be new to us. I do not worry about the beer, I had to give it up because I could not afford to break up any more bars ;)

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Thanks for the reply. We have never been to this area so it will all be new to us. I do not worry about the beer, I had to give it up because I could not afford to break up any more bars ;)

Some how I just new that>
FYI several of my usual cruising crew are going next week on similar Itinerary. They will have lots of personal info on line shortly after that you may enjoy. I'll try to remember to have them post.

PEB

Staff Captain
Some how I just new that>
FYI several of my usual cruising crew are going next week on similar Itinerary. They will have lots of personal info on line shortly after that you may enjoy. I'll try to remember to have them post.

I look forward to hearing what they have to say. Thank you.