My baby is home!!

C

conniecat

He is curled up asleep under my feet. I am afraid to move, I am constantly stepping on him or kicking him when he does that. He is really out like a light.
He was so happy to be home. He investigated everything, rubbed noses with Maxie and headed straight for the litter box. He wanted petting, and so of course the first thing I have to do shove more antibiotics down his throat!
They said to keep him quiet for 5 days, no jumping. His paws are glued, not stitched and jumping may make them bleed. Now, how do you do that with a 3 month old kitten? They recommended keeping him in a separate room. Well, there is a bed and furniture in there to jump on. I decided to keep him in the living room with me so I can keep an eye on him, and he can have Maxie to comfort him. I will break up any cat fits, too.

I sat at the table to take my pills, and that is where I keep cat treats. So of course, he had to jump on the kitchen table. I tried to catch him to put him down on the floor, but he is not having any of that. When I catch him I take him to the vet! Instead, I went to my desk and sat down, and immediately had a lap full of kitten. Purring kitten. He missed me!

Maxie had to investigate the strange smelling parts of him. Scooter is still not sure why I brought that thing home. He is avoiding him. Scoots takes a while to warm up, next time Simon wants to sleep on his tail they will be friends again.

I will keep him in here with me, and just lock him up when I leave, or go to bed.

I had had to go to Walgreens for photos before I got him, then up the stairs to the vet, then I had to go to Petco to get a special kind of litter to avoid infections. My knees are throbbing! Nap time right after lunch. Thanks for worrying about him!

P

popcorn

Glad that is over with! I hope that you can rest your knees while you are making sure that Simon stays quiet. Take care.

Liz

G

GloBug

Awww... sounds like he missed you as much as you missed him. Glad he's back, now we can ALL rest easy...

S

ShipMaven

Thank you for the update, Connie. Sounds like one human and at least one kitty (if not all three) need a good rest.

A

AlaskaMoose

Simon, Max and Scooter are so very fortunate to have such a loving mommy! I sincerely mean that. It always brings tears to my eyes when I read or hear about how much a human parent will do concerning the love and caring of a animal baby...Just a big ole softie, that's me.