Muster Drills - Too Long - Too Short - Just Right

Sal Magro

Investigative Reporter
We all know that in an unlikely event of an emergency we are to go to our
muster station. I think that they could shorten it up a bit. Standing out in
the sun (on some ships) is a bit draining. What do you think?

George C

Staff Captain
hate when they are outside and your waiting for 30 minutes. Luckily all my recent cruises were inside sitting someplace, I have bad knees so I can tell them I can’t stand for a long time and they let you sit indoors.

Jill B

The roaming Aussie
Some muster drills are too long. On one cruise we had to stand outside in the hot sun for about an hour because some passengers hadn't shown up. My poor old Mum nearly passed out; we had to find somewhere for her to sit and then find some water for her.
On our world cruise last year we had lots of muster drills, inside with seating, which wasn't too bad. I got tired of them playing the Love Boat theme though.

PEB

Staff Captain
Seeing I worked on cruise ships and also have done many cruises as a passenger I have done more muster drills than most people that cruise. As a crew member we did 3 muster drills a week and passengers only do one. Muster drills can be fairly short if people followed instructions. If people would show up and not try to hide. I people would show up stay quiet and listen muster drills would not take long at all. There would be far less complaints about muster drill if the passengers just did what they are supposed to do.