Mike almost went over the side of a mountain today

B

BostonsJ

And not on skis. The mountains got a very serious snow dump yesterday and last night. He was coming down Berthod Pass elevation about 10 thousand 500 feet and the back end of the car slid out from under him. He was on a hair pin turn and the rear end of the car slid out and he just started spinning in a circle he said he was just stearing out of it, no brake no gas and soon he was facing backwards on the road facing the oncoming cars and the car continued to slide a full 360 and he was heading down the pass when all of a sudden the rear wheels caught and he so he just kept driving. Good God what a scare.

Now there are no guardrails, maybe the snow banks might have stopped him but he was in the hands of the angels today it wasn't his time. And thankfully the cars behind him were able to stop. He said he was only going about 30mph at the time. Boy was he ever lucky. But he told me if I had been with him he knows I would have died, of a heart attack that is, because I'm petrified of those passes.

K

korinalacount

My son has told me that pass is very dangerous,you are right,he was very lucky,so glad his guardian angel is watching over him,what a scare for all of you,hugs Mike!

B

BostonsJ

Thanks Korina it was a close call. Mike said he is still peeling the leather upholstry out of his backside. :grin

C

conniecat

Scary scary. I am afraid of driving in the snow and ice on nice flat straight roads (I totalled a car in the ice, once. It wasn't mine, I had borrowed it!) I am with you, had I been there they would have had to call the paramedics!!

Glad he is OK, he must be an awesome driver.

K

kpopperwell

Thank God we all have a guardian angel to watch over us. Glad that Mike is safe.

J

JacquieP

Berthoud Pass is NOT a place to have problems like that. I would have had either a stroke, heart attack, or both. Glad to hear he came thru OK.

S

Suez

Praise God for that guardian angel who must have been in the seat beside Mike! How scary! We have traveled that pass many a times when we would ski in the Winter Park area. The wife of one of the couples we would travel always liked to have a nice big glass of wine before we'd head up that way. And that road is so much better then back in the days we first started going up there when the kids were young. They've widened many areas of it, and it can still be mighty scary!

I am so glad your story had a happy ending. Give Mike an extra hug for us (as if you haven't already)!!

Suez

C

Cruise cutie

My hugs that Mike is OK too..Mark has a ball driving in it with me in summer.:(.. I hate the no guard rails.. he pulled the close to the edge stunt ONCE!!..=hammer..he was learned good.. :evil....

.so prayers answered, and hugs to you both..Joanne