Mediterranean Cruise-2024

cnazario12

My husband and I plan to celebrate our 30th anniversary by taking a Mediterranean cruise. We are looking for a 14 -21 day cruise with multiple ports. I’ve never taken a cruise before and don’t know where to start. Any tips? We’d also like to pay on it so when the time comes we are done. Thank you

George C

Staff Captain
Might want to talk to a travel agent, celebrity has cruises that includes tip , liquor, tax etc . We did a 12 day cruise out of Barcelona with 5 stops in Italy and several other countries. Barcelona is a great port to start or end your cruise , most Mediterranean cruises are very port intensive with very few sea days , our cruise was on rccl . I would definitely spend a couple of nights in Barcelona if that’s you embark. Celebrity and rccl can plan your round trip airfare also . Good luck.

CaptainBollo

Photograher
Hello cnazario12! This is a very difficult question to answer as everyone's requirements are different. If you are from the US you might prefer to sail with a US line like Royal Caribbean or Princess. I personally prefer smaller ships as they are able to access smaller ports - Fred Olsen's ships are approx 1200. P&O Cruises have some nice itineraries (mostly English guests). You could also try MSC (Italian) which are pretty good too. If you really want a super luxury experience I would look at Emerald cruises. Perhaps a good place to start is with a travel agent - someone like Iglucruise are good and they sell cruises with all the major cruise lines.