Maw & Cruise Cutie - Green Rice & Tapioca recipe share??? :)

C

Corky

Maw & Cruise Cutie - can you Please share your recipes for Green Rice & Tapioca Pudding??? If you don't wanna, that is cool. But they both sound yummo!!! :)

C

Cruise cutie

Re: Maw & Cruise Cutie - Green Rice & Tapioca recipe share??? :)

=lolgang.. well that got my attention..my cuppa is just kicking in..so here you go Girl.. miss you and Denny bad..Mark, and I have to be on a ship with you guys again..=hugs..those were some fun cruise days!!..:thumb..

Just as a BTW there is a recipe on the Minute Tapioca box, it's been revised, and changed from my original, and our frends who have made, and eaten both despise it.. it's less work of course.. but then again.. it's not the "real deal".. so I only make mine the old way..=shrug..never have tried the "newer way".. our family mantra....* if it ain't broke why fix it?? *.

Tapioca Pudding ( from the 50's my late Gramma and Momma prepare it this way)....

First of all this is a double batch..:chef...:)..

8 cups milk
12 Tablespoons Minute Tapioca pearls
4 egg yolks
12 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

put all of these in a sturdy Dutch Oven Stove pan and set aside for 5 minutes..

In a Mixing bowl ..take 4 egg whites, and whip hard till soft peaks.. then slowly add one tablespoon at a time 8 tablespoons of sugar.and then set aside...

Turn stove on and get milk mixture to boil on med high heat.. and this is where you then turn it down, but keep bubbling for 8 minutes CONSTANTLY stirring the custard sauce.. beware or it will burn..:(..Remove from stove..

Pour into large bowl, add the eggwhite mixture turning it all well.. then add 2 teaspoons of pure Vanilla extract .. cool, and serve!!..

enjoy.. the whole batch is gone, it went in care packages to our DD's and bestest friends. and whew as I did not have a nibble, and it's addictive to me..:grin..enjoy Corky et all!!....:)..Joanne

C

Corky

Tee-hee-hee!!! I know that sometimes things get lost in threads, so I figured I'd Yell It Out!! Thanks for listening! :D

We feel the same way about cruising with you two again...and we hope it is sooner than later!!! =hug =hug

Have a wonderful time in Aruba...you two deserve it after all of the hours you work and the 9 million inches of SNOW you've had to deal with. Enjoy your R & R!!! :party

M

maw

Sorry Corky just getting over to Aft deck again. I really don't have mother in laws recipe for green rice. It contained, minute rice, cheese whip. several cans mushroom soup and frozen brocoli. Sorry I am not much of a person to measure things. Nowdays we put it in Crock pot to cook and I just look and taste until right. Sorry those Tn. and Kentucky relatives really didn't hve much of recipes justy try and try again.

I have never learned how to make Tapioca that looked and tasted right.

C

Corky

Hey Maw - you cook just like I do. :) Question - does the minute rice go in uncooked or cooked?

M

maw

Whimsey recipe looks like the one for sure had forgotten abt onion,