Mary Ann (Shipmaven)

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Sometimes time passes faster than the mind realizes. It has been a year since Shipmaven passed away. She was one of Cruise Addicts most respected and contributing members, in more ways than one. Some ways many people will never know.

She gave freely of her knowledge and experiences as a Travel Agent, but very rarely ever mentioned being one. You could always count on her for a professional and accurate answer.

Many of us here could count on her for advice and even services, but more important, many of us could count on her as a friend, and she was the ultimate friend of the Cruise Addicts community.

Whimsy

Staff Captain
Mary Ann has been on my mind this whole month. I did not get to know her as well as some here but I did get to know her and she was one of the kindest people I have ever gotten to know in my life. She is truly missed and has left a big void on this board. I miss her.

JacquieP

Staff Captain
And I still miss her every day. So does Joey! When the telephone rings just before dinnertime, he heads to the side of his cage nearest the phone. How many travel agents call to talk with your bird first, THEN talk with you? He misses his organic cashews and his talks with Mama Duck!

Lurline63

Staff Captain
Well said, bOB. I had a flashback a week ago when we were at PizzaBoy's Special Olympics tournament. This was the same venue in which the tournament was held last year when, after it was over, I emailed her to let her know that he won a gold medal. She was so thrilled that she posted the news on the @ddicts board as soon as she received it. It was the last email I ever sent her. (BTW, he won another gold this year, and I could sense her pride.)

Mama Duck is very much missed by all of us.

popcorn

Staff Captain
I am sad that I never got to meet her. She was obviously a well loved member of this board. May she rest in peace.

Liz

audrey

Staff Captain
I am so sorry that I never got to meet her but had a lot of wonderful conversations with her

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor
I agree, she is missed.
I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to meet her in person.

/Erik

Cruise cutie

Staff Captain
Been a Bleep of a month..and this week is *AWFUL* but I soldier on quietly, and the pain slowly ebbs..but I miss her more....
I just do......

......I'm so grateful she did not linger for pain's sake..., I have to have Faith she's in a better place...but by gosh..I sure don't "like it"....such as it is........................

Thanks bOB..hugs to Missus Sheryl too.........sigh...........................Joanne...

Karry

Staff Captain
Even tho I never met her personally, I received many very kind PM'es from her. Primarily about Bermuda. She was a one of a kind gift to us and her loss is still a total shock to me. May she rest in peace and may we all be comforted by the gift of her friendship. She left us with enough memories to still smile for her thru our tears.

nieciez

Staff Captain
Community Sponsor
I can't think of a kinder more generous person....Mary Ann is sorely missed by the @ddicts family. It breaks my heart that I never got to meet her in person.

JacquieP

Staff Captain
All I can say is that she was one of the best things that ever happened to me. A friend like Mary Ann comes along once in a life time.

maw

Wordsmith
Mary Ann has been on my mind this last week as some of you know She will be missed by whole board. RIP Mary Ann

Mbandy

Staff Captain
I knew the sad anniversary was coming. I just didn't remember the exact date.

I had been away from the board for a while last year while transitioning from Vegas to Orlando. When I finally logged back on in April the news about Mary Ann was the first thing I saw. I was heartsick as we all were.

Mary Ann was the best, no doubt about it. We all miss her words of wisdom and kindness and encouragement. I miss those wonderful weekend open houses she hosted too.

We all just miss our beloved friend.

She will always sail on in our hearts.

Charles

Captain Weather
I'm another one who misses Mary Ann and Pucci so much. I attribute my recovery from being hit by a car to Her. All during the recovery and therapy I kept thinking "I gotta get better because I am going to meet Mary Ann." Well, I never did meet her face to face. But she has been a presence in my life for years!

And then there's Pucci!

Charles

Charles

Captain Weather
I'm another one who misses Mary Ann and Pucci so much. I attribute my recovery from being hit by a car to Her. All during the recovery and therapy I kept thinking "I gotta get better because I am going to meet Mary Ann." Well, I never did meet her face to face. But she has been a presence in my life for years!

And then there's Pucci!

Charles