Maasdam?

D

Debbie Mumaw

I know sail7seas has been on this ship many times lately. I am wondering if any of you can help me decide on category type. We had to cancel our Dec. 14 cruise and are heartbroken but DH lost his job last month! We are now trying to decide if the S category on the Maasdam is worth the extra money. Also, is there a concierge lounge on this ship or just the extra service in suite? Thanks again to you all for always being so helpful.

S

sail7seas

Very sorry to hear about your husband's situation. Hope he is able to find something he will be happy with...very soon.

Everything is relative...but, to us, the additional cost of the "S" is very worth it. Currently, Maasdam does not have a concierge Lounge (Neptune Room) but I believe I heard that one will be added at her next dry dock.

Wishing you the very best of good luck.

S

Stargazerm31

I will be on her in 3 weeks but we are in an inside. I couldn't justify an S with a job let alone without one. You could cruise twice inside for the price of that. JMHO and my preference.

C

cruzman

I think if you check your math, the S cat. will likely cost 3 times what an inside guarantee would cost. Whether it's worth it or not depends on your point of view. Sail7seas obviously has her's, and I might agree if my economic circumstance were such that I could go that route without fear of negative economic repercussion. If you have the economic means to book an S suite and feel that the amenities offerred are worth the extra cash, then go for it! If your economic means are somewhat limited, and you like to cruise often; better go with the cheap seats. One other thing, those S suites are among the first cabins to sell out on most HAL cruises, so you may want to consider booking early if you want one.

D

Debbie Mumaw

Thanks everyone. I should have told you that I don't cruise without a balcony because I am claustrophobic so the difference in price was just between a balcony and a suite which, right now, is only a difference of about $250 per person. We had saved the money for a suite on the Zuiderdam but didn't want to put it out until he was employed again. The cruise on the Maasdam is half of what we had planned even in the suite. By the way, the calls are starting to come in on the employment thing, too! Yeah! Nothing firm yet but it even looks like we won't have to move. We love Sarasota so much and just got our house fixed the way we like it. The one thing we have learned in our almost 33 years of marriage is everything always turns out for the best, just hang on and have faith. Thanks again for being so helpful and caring for others the way you all do on this board. Deb

S

sail7seas

John....I envy you going to Maasdam so soon. Have a really terrific time! We think that ship has an amazing crew who do everything in their power to please you and provide you with a "cruise to remember". Hope you'll post some comments when you return.