Look what I made with my own little hands for my craft room!

G

GloBug

I'm a scrapbooker and a card maker, and because of that, I have lots of embellishments and stickers taking up room in binders, etc. But when they are put away, they were kind of "out of sight out of mind," so they weren't getting used as much as they should. So I made this to hold them up and display them.

IMG_0009.jpg

I'm really happy with it! It cost almost nothing to build (granted, I could have bought a more professional version for about $100 more!) and works great! Can you guess what it's made out of? If you guessed a terra cotta plant saucer, a lamp rod, pieces rings from lamp shades and a few washers and nuts, you were right!

Just call me Martha Freaking Stewart II!

J

Jill B

Great job Glo! sorry, Martha Freakin Stewart II :thumb That will make choosing your items much easier.

Now I had better get out of here and back to work or the boss will sack me.

Hang on..........................I AM the boss :dizzy :lol

C

conniecat

Cool! But will it stay that neat? I tend to throw things. My computer desk is an armoire, when the door are closed no one can see the mess. Just encourages my messiness, lol.

This was new. Sure doesn't look that clean anymore.

B

BostonsJ

Connie never mind that thing Glo built you will hurt yourself! :grin

Very clever tho Glo!

C

conniecat

I swear, Judy, all I was doing was sitting in a chair trying to coax my kitten out from under the shed.

E

elliottsmama

People with crafting ability amaze me. I cannot even glue something together....You do have a gift my friend.

G

GloBug

Cindy, that "book" Elliott got from me was the first I ever made. Took a little while. I know there weren't enough pics of Steve and the Rock in it, but I tried! Connie, I love your "computer desk!"

C

conniecat

That desk was my treat to myself when I moved in here. It was expensive, but the best money I have ever spent on furniture. It has to reside in my living room, so having it able to close up and cover up my messiness is a blessing. I used to be heavily into crafts, also, especially needlework. I am too lazy for that now, lol.

B

BostonsJ

Connie that is beautiful but with all of Mike's stuff.....mingos, camera equipment etc I wouldn't have room for it. As it is I started out with half and office and right now I have less than cube size in the corner. :lol :lol

R

reggae

Glo, that is so cool!

It looks like you have everything so organized too!

I've seen your work (that nice get-well card you sent me), and you are one talented lady. How long have you been doing scrapbooking/cards?

I'm just a beginner, and I plan to get into the cards more. They have a class on the next cruise I'm going on, I'll be giving that a try too.

N

nieciez

Nice an organized there Glo....should be a big help when working on your projects.

Connie....I love your desk!

G

GloBug

Reggae, I've been doing my own cards for years. First it was on the computer, then I got into using scrapbook items on my cards. Scrapbooking I've only started this year. It's hard to get started, but really easy after that!

I am on a roll call for our next cruise, and we've discovered that several of us are into scrapbooking, so one of the other ladies is going to have a class on one of our sea days. Should be lots of fun!

R

reggae

Yes, Glo, I'm looking forward to that class on my cruise too. Just wondering what they'll do, since it's ship-sponsored. Probably a cruise picture page :)

I'm just afraid to get into this too deep, the costs....

My uncle recently said "My wife made her own Christmas cards this year, and it only cost me $1500" ......lol

Of course, a man's point of view, he just doesn't get it, does he???

G

GloBug

Reg, everything I buy I get at 40% from Michaels or Joann's. The secret is to not buy stuff in advance, and to use what you have. You could join a class at a local scrapbook store. Usually, about $15 will cover the costs of most materials, you would just need to bring some basics like scissors and glue and an xacto knife and your photos! You could try it out that way and see if you like it. That's what started me off.