Livorno Port Advice

bdodd444

We are going to be in Livorno on Aug 3 on the Breakaway, we arrive at 9am and we're looking for the best way to get to the train station to catch a 9:40 train to La Spezia for the Cinque Terre. Can anyone give any insight as to how best to get from the pier to the train station? I have done several searches and looks like there are taxis, but they tend to hold out for longer trips, and NCL no longer runs a shuttle service to the train station. NCL can't tell me what pier we would use. Was also thinking about renting a car if anyone has experience with that. Thanks!

doogie_M3

We are going to be in Livorno on Aug 3 on the Breakaway, we arrive at 9am and we're looking for the best way to get to the train station to catch a 9:40 train to La Spezia for the Cinque Terre. Can anyone give any insight as to how best to get from the pier to the train station? I have done several searches and looks like there are taxis, but they tend to hold out for longer trips, and NCL no longer runs a shuttle service to the train station. NCL can't tell me what pier we would use. Was also thinking about renting a car if anyone has experience with that. Thanks!
We went to Livorno a few years back with NCL, they ran a shuttle from the port to a drop off point in the town. From there it was a short ish bus ride to the station where you would pick up the train to Pisa etc so I imagine there would be a train to La Spezia too.