Leatherneck ,to help you relax,(pics)

K

korinalacount

John and I welcome you to the theatre room,we finished this room rather than painting our bedroom today.we start with the theatre curtain which opens with a remote to a 9x7 foot screen.

1003220ro8.jpg

We are ready to watch,the dolby digital surround sound is ready to go!

1003228kd2.jpg

We are watching the 5th Element today,do you like?

1003230fb1.jpg

John just finished his jazz picture,he bought some b-board,put it in a poster frame,spray painted it gold and nailed in the quartet,cute isnt it?

1003221ua9.jpg

Next up at the theatre is the new Batman movie,join us for a pre-screening and also Stephen Kings,The Mist.

1003222zc5.jpg

Better like your movie loud cause here is where all the equipment is housed,in Johns new b-day tempered glass shelves,believe me its loud!

1003224nu7.jpg

The lobby people are telling us its time for a snack,John just got these, more b-day fun,so lets all go to the lobby!

1003233su4.jpg

Fresh popcorn is being seved and we have the popcorn boxes to match(son got John the popcorn popper for Christmas) and the Christmas Story lamp looks on.

1003234aa6.jpg

So take your seats,we have theatre seats and a comfy red sofa too(at least until John replaces that with theatre seats)hope to see you soon!

1003232no4.jpg

E

ewheelock

That is an awesome room! I would love to come and test it out. You have a new guest room and now this room!

C

Corky

Dang!!! I can just imagine watching a movie there, with the smell of fresh popcorn in the air, a cold coke in my hand...and the sound track booming. Woo-hoo!!! You all enjoy!!! :)

K

korinalacount

ewheelock,this room has been done for awhile,he just keeps adding to it,the newest stuff is his shelves,jazz picture,new track lighting,his dancing food and popcorn popper,this used to be our attached garage,John got the carpet on the wall from a old torn down theatre,we carpet cleaned it about 20 times in our driveway before we put it on the walls,he painted the ceiling black,put in the gold crown molding,cut out hole in wall for the Oscar statue and emmy,the gold niche,put up posters,floodlights,on screen,there are tube lights that go around the bottom of theatre seats that you cant see plus the seats are built on a platform he and our son made covered in carpet,he put black and red marble on the floors which you cant see,and built the theatre screen from scratch and bought theatre screen material to go over frame,there are 15 speakers in the room,including ones built in the couch that make the couch shake and rumble during movies,it has been about a 5 year project,finally finished.

C

Cricket

Wow, I'd never go to the public theatre ever again! I'm really impressed and I have always wanted to do this for our home but hubby says it costs too much. I'm sure if he did it himself it would save some bucks! I liked the way you guys decorated the walls and tables, etc. It adds flavor to the room and makes you feel like you really are in the public theatre! Great job...are you open for questions if I ever get hubby to agree?

N

nieciez

:sniper LOL Korina...you think I am going to tell him about this thread....I DON'T want to lose my garage!

Seriously though, it is a wonderful room and I know you and your family must get tons of enjoyment out of it. It's VERY nice indeed and I know Leatherneck would be GREEN with envy....if he sees this :lol :lol

K

korinalacount

r8derfan,FURBABIES are always welcome here! We just happen to have decorative dog pillows and blankets for the furry ones,and Denise yes having no garage is awful,for the 13 years we have lived here no garage,we had it as a family room first,John wants a garage so bad,we have room for a 2 car garage,we have a double lot but no 20 grand to build one plus its real hard to get permission to build it if it ruins the mountain views!!!! So someday!?!? Cricket we did this little by little,it is surprising how little it costs if you have a handyman,he built the screen,laid the floors,we all painted,he is a cable tech and used to be a DJ so that is second nature to him,the projector was really the only cost!!! And yes pm anytime with questions!