Labadee, options?

Nessie

Staff Captain
I was looking into activities and excursions to do in Labadee. It is our first time there and we have decided to do the zip line! yikes! but other than that, all i see is expensive (in my opinion) beach cabanas, boat ride to a secluded beach, or lounge chairs and float mats. Is there free beach chairs and umbrellas, or hammocks? How bout food options? Do we have to reboard the ship, or is there places to grab a bite, and drinks ofcourse! any tips as to where to park for the day?

suer182

Forum Manager
Labadee is their private island. I am ASSuming that they will have your typical free BBQ food. Lemonade, ice tea would be free, but pop/soda and liquor will be a fee. I would hope they have free lounge chairs.

Cruizer

Staff Captain
Actually Labadee is a private beach, since it is part of Haiti.

I haven't been there since the dock was installed. The beaches are free, as is the food, which will be brought from the ship to the beach. I think the float mats are $5 or $10 but the lounge chairs are free. There is also plenty of shade.

DCP_0358.jpg

DCP_0321.jpg

DCP_0323.jpg

DCP_0316.jpg

DCP_0312.jpg

DCP_0319.jpg

DCP_0315.jpg

DCP_0362.jpg

DCP_0376.jpg

DCP_0371.jpg

DCP_0322.jpg

DCP_0372.jpg

DCP_0324.jpg

DCP_0338.jpg

Billoats

Dance Instructor
Great pictures Cruizer. We enjoyed Labadee but we also haven't been there since the dock was installed. It's a nice beach day. There was also a "souvenier" area but some of the vendors were very aggressive. Enjoy your day there.

Bill

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Oh dear I went swimming in the Closed Beach area. It was OK back then I guess.

It was a great beach day without all the hassles of finding the beach with a cab or group that usually goes with it in a port.

There's a shuttle service all around.

It too has been a few yrs since I was there (2009). The dock was just about completed back then.

randy

2nd Officer
Oh dear I went swimming in the Closed Beach area. It was OK back then I guess.

It was a great beach day without all the hassles of finding the beach with a cab or group that usually goes with it in a port.

There's a shuttle service all around.

It too has been a few yrs since I was there (2009). The dock was just about completed back then.

I second BSeaBob's assessment. We were there recently, and if anything, it's even better. The "helpers" are numerous, and will willingly relocate your chair in or out of the shade for you. Swimming on the "exposed beach" is not only possible, they rent floating mats to encourage it! Snorkeling's not so good off the beach, but they have a snorkel excursion that you can do via boat. I wouldn't recommend spending the money on that when you can have a few more Labadoozies--sort of a modified Coco Loco!

maw

Wordsmith
We were also there before dock done, there were shuttles all over the island, we parked scooters and they had stewards to ppush us in beech wheel chairs all over. Paw and I even found some comfortable walking in a little snd. Seeing the zipline was wonderful. Rick, Leatherneck, Red, Calgon and some others did the zip line we had a nice shaded place to wait for them to come down. Back a bar nice cool place to sit, waiters and all. They had a great buffett in this area too.

Christoffer

The Euro Connection Special Contributor
Labadee, been there many times, one of my favorites, day when you have not worry about nothing you just sit and relax. There are plenty of chairs available, staff will carry the chair where ever you want to sit.
Chairs are free, however I usually give few bucks to the friendly person who place my chair where I want to sit.
There are lunch served on several locations, you do not have to go to ship for lunch.
Love the bbq lunch there.
And yes, do taste the island drink the bartenders sell on the island, it's tasty:)
You can do much as you want on Labadee, or then like me, you just sit, swim and relax and don't worry about nothing while enjoying the sun.
Been many times in the "old" Labadee, also to the "new" Labadee, which one did I like more, well both were/are nice, but maybe I did like more the old Labadee but Labadee is still one of the favorite stops.

rangeral

Been there 4 times. Lounge chairs and hammocks are available for free. There are 3 - 4 buffet stations that serve barbeque and other options.
Take beach shoes - the bottom is rocky.
Beautiful place for a relaxing day.
grand kids did the zip line and loved it. Enjoy