Klutz bug has hit the west coast

K

kpopperwell

Boy, what a way to end the weekend. Had a great time on our one night C2N. Then on Sunday we went to breakfast with friends. On leaving the restaurant I stepped up on a sidewalk but did not judge for the ramp that was in the middle. Well I went down hard and fast. I hit the step on a pickup truck with my chin and my cheek. That's going to be a shiner for sure. Thought I knocked my teeth out for sure as my mouth was bleeding pretty good and I felt a little dazed. Next thing I know there are the paramedics, firemen etc. Even the restaurant manager came with ice and wet cloths. There was a lady in an SUV that stopped with water and more towels. I sure felt like a klutz. Then DH took me to Kaiser and sure enough had to have two stitches inside the lip. This type of accident is a little kids stunt not a grown woman. Now I am deciding whether I can make it into work today. Had to have a tetanus shot too. Sore all over today. Can't even drink hot coffee, has to sit for a few and then only through a straw. I look like I had a bad botox job on my lower lip.

E

ewheelock

That fall sounds terrible! I'm glad that you weren't hurt any more. Take the day off and recover.

S

ShipMaven

OUCH. It's painful just reading about it. I hope the day won't be too uncomfortable for you. :(

B

Bobbie

At least you retained your sense of humor, Karen! :lol Sounds like one very painful fall. Bet you're glad you didn't lose any teeth. Did it restore your faith in humankind though? Seems like a lot of people were anxious to help you. :thumb

Take it easy today & don't go into work. You need the time to rest & recover! Poor thing!! =eek

K

korinalacount

John always says I am his source of entertainment as I do things like this all the time,so glad you werent hurt too bad,take care and be careful.

G

GloBug

I would not be surprised if your jaw and mouth hurt even more today! I sure hope you took the day off. Ouch!

K

KathyC

Sounds like a nasty fall; you're fourtunate that you weren't more seriously injured.

C

connie seabee

Ouch! You certainly had a nasty fall. Stay home and take it easy today.

C

Cruise cutie

:( I am so sorry Karin.. please take care, don't rush, and yuppers today maybe your sorest day.. muscles have a way of waiting a few days from tenseness to let go..and get better fast.:daisy...Joanne

C

conniecat

Wow, welcome to the klutz club, a dubious honor to be sure. Sounds very painful. Hope you can sit and rest, and medicate until its better! cc

B

BostonsJ

Oh God it sounds like a really nasty fall. I sure hope you didn't go to work these things start hurting more a day or two later.....Get better soon!

Now you know I am have to say this......You and Conniecat go into neutral corners and stay away from one another! And me too for that matter..:hugs

K

kpopperwell

Thanks everyone. Stayed home and went to see the Dentist to make sure everything was ok. Got an ok from him. Now I just need to wait for the bruising and swelling to go down. Sure might scare the clients on Tues & Wed. By the way, 1/2 bottle of pinot grigio sure helped.