Kitten update

C

conniecat

I am not sure if we are getting closer or not. Last night she let me pull up a chair and sit about 20 feet away, and as long as I shared my roast beef sandwich with her, she was OK.

I keep talking to her to get her used to my voice, but when I say the word, "kitty," she howls. Can't figure that one out. But at least it is a response.

tonight, I sat in the yard, but I had scared her when I walked out there, and she never appeared again. I fell out there, and that might have scared her, too. (the screaming, yelling, etc). I sat on the porch for an hour but she never came back out.

Here are some new photos of her, she is slowly getting the dirt off her face. I photoshopped the last ones just to get the dirt off and see how pretty she is. Pretty much sure she is a blue lynx point traditional Siamese. I think she is adorable! Calm down, now, still not sure if I can keep her or not.

By the way, if she is really a female, (I still have not gotten a close look) then her name will be

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
TaaDaa........;
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
PRINCESS! (maybe Grand in front of that if she is good, lol)

S

Sailing_gal

:wave Hmmm, I think that she might want to be called 'Princess Kitty'.
She looks a tad too royal for just 'Kitty'.
I hope that you did not hurt yourself when you fell over? Knocks the
stuffing out of you... I have bruises all over as I fall as well.:)P)

If I was being feed roast beef, I would come round quickly...

N

Nessie

beautiful kitty! That she is still around at all is a good sign. Did you get hurt when you fell?? I hope you are okay!

When you say you might not be able to keep her...cant you 'keep' her as an outside kitty? I have a cat, Meow Meow who hangs around our house all the time but rarely comes in except in the winter to sleep. In fact I have to go feed her now! :kitten

R

reggae

I was telling my daughter about your dilemma with this kitten. Right away she said "let's take her"....I wish I could :(

I thank you for doing what you are Connie, hopefully something will work out.

You have to wonder, since she's so young, where are her siblings? Is this someone's missing pet? Why is she so afraid?

Please keep us posted, and if nothing else works, I'm sure the Rescue would take such a cute kitten.

Best to you Connie!

N

nieciez

Awww, what a cutie she is. Sure hope you can get her to warm up to you in a big way.

B

BostonsJ

Very pretty kitty. She has probably been outside since early on in her life. I hope you can get her to warm up to you Connie. I worry with animals that she will get hurt she is so small.

G

GloBug

She probably howls because KITTY is the one word she understands or hears so often? Maybe that's her name! You know, like Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke? LOL!

C

conniecat

Thanks for the inquiries about my fall. It was stupid, but I am OK this morning.

Nessie, We are not supposed to have outside animals n the park. I am afraid if the manager sees her out there he will do something to get rid of her. Not to mention, some residents do let their dogs run, I am afraid something will hurt her. She has already had a fight with a local cat bully.

I still don't know if I can handle another indoor cat. It depends on our relationship once I can hold her.

Right now she is asleep on my porch, but she runs if I try to go out. This may take a while.

You know, I am hopeless. I actually bought kitten food.

L

lady-bug

When you decide you really want to capture her, you could borrow a humane trap from the Humane Society, that is made for catching feral animals. It works and doesn't hurt them. Once caught they cry and wimper because they are so scared, so you'll need to have some fortitude to not let her out again out of compassion.

She looks so adoptable. Even if you can't keep her, she is cute enough to win over someones heart. Just make sure that if you give her up to a shelter, she is not euthanized because she is feral. Feral kittens can be domesticated. I have proof!

I would take her if I lived near you.....

S

ShipMaven

Connie - so sorry to read about your fall. I hope you're better this evening.

Thanks for the update on the little furball. She looks scared in a couple of the photos, but continues to look healthier with each set of pics.

I've been swamped with work, so have really only been posting the weather with an occasional other post/reply the past few days.

H

herb

Conniecat, after reading your mini-biography I can now understand how it is possible that you take such great pictures. I have always been in awe of the shots you take, especially the closeups.

C

conniecat

Wow, a breakthrough. I sat in the yard and threw pieces of chicken breast. She got within a couple feet of me. I probably could have made a grab at her and caught her, but I want to do this without scaring her. That is why I don't want to use a trap unless I have to.

I have company coming all weekend, I won't have a chance to play with her until MOnday, now. Don't want to lose the progress I made.

She was not happy at all to be that close, she kept hissing at me. She is so cute!!!!