Killian is home

B

BostonsJ

I got home about 30 minutes ago with him from the Hospital. He had his face shaved and around his neck was a little bandanna with the name of the hospital on it. He is so drugged he is wobbly. But they say he needs to be on these pain meds at this level for 3 more days. He hadn't eaten for them at all. So the first thing he did when he came into the house is run from water bowl to water bowl. He was thirsty.

I put down a little mashed up water mellon and a little slice of deli roast beef cut very small. He devoured it. I just boiled some ground beef in chicken broth and mixed it with peas. But right now he just wants to sleep although he is sniffing at it.

Poor little guy is very sore they say but after about 3 days he will be turning around.

Thanks for all your well wishes.

E

ewheelock

I'm glad he did well with the surgery and that you will be home with him for the weekend. I'm sure that you will be spoiling him :thumb

P

popcorn

You can relax for the whole weekend and just cuddly him and rest up. Glad that he is home.

Liz

D

debowah

Enjoy taking care of him. He is fortunate to have you for his "mommy". Hope he bounces back quickly.

S

ShipMaven

I'm so happy the little rascal is home, Mamma. Although his "current state" is nothing to laugh at, I had to snicker when you reported he wouldn't eat or drink water at the hospital and went from bowl to bowl at home lapping it up. Pucci (and Topaz before him) absolutely won't touch anything when he's at the vet hospital (he goes there for grooming as well as medical needs). When I go get him, either I or one of the Staff will put bottled water in his plastic bowl - with ME holding the bowl, he laps up the water...and laps and laps. Once he gets home, same thing.

So please tell Killian that Pucci said he needs to drink his water and eat the yummy food that Mommy prepared for him. It will help him heal faster.

B

BostonsJ

Well the little guy slept kind of fitfully(I'm sure it is the drugs) for about 3 hours in his favorite spot on the couch. Then he got up and drank water and got his eye drops and an antibiotic pill in his little liver treats that he loves. Then he ate a whole dish of mashed ground beef and peas. He was very hungry after 2 days with no food.

I have to wait until 10pm for his pain pills which I will probably put in a little yogurt he loves that, and then we will both go to bed for the night. His little mouth is so swollen I feel so bad. But I know in the long run this is going to be the best thing for him.

N

nieciez

{ { { { Killiam} } } } Glad he is home and hope he feel much better in the morning. Hey...ground beef and peas sounds like a good supper!

K

KathyC

Glad he is home; I'm sure he will be much better tomorrow just because he is at home & you've gotten some nourishment into him. The worst is behind you; hope you both get a good nite's rest.

J

JacquieP

Give the poor baby an extra pat for me. I didn't think any furbaby could possibly be as spoiled as our Silkies, and they want to know if they can come to your house. The food is better! They're not very happy with the vet, because he told them to stop eating "people food".

J

JANPEP

I'am so glad you have your baby Killian back home with you. Now both of you can get some rest.

K

kpopperwell

Glad to hear that Killian is eating no matter how his mouth feels. Thats a good sign that he is well on his way to a speedy recovery.

B

bostongal

Judy - So glad that Killian is home and on the road to recovery! Sounds like you have some great food for him and I know lots of love and cuddles. Give him a cuddle from me!

Meg