Killian is doing fine.

B

BostonsJ

Thanks for all of your prayers. Killian had to have most of his teeth extracted. It has been a long time coming his teeth since he was a pup have just been a problem. The doctor said sometimes it is the breed and it happens. And Killian has never liked hard food so that didn't help. She feels that he will be so much better off and feeling so much better. The doctor said his vitals throughout the surgery were good and he isn't bleeding much. She said he is swollen and will come home with 2 pain medications and antibiiotics. The doctor believes that he is just going to feel so much better once recovered. She pulled 19 teeth. And I'm glad I finally bit the bullet, I knew he needed it done but was afraid to risk a surgery for an older dog. Now that it is over maybe I can sleep tonight. I was up half the night.

She wanted to keep him the night to manage his pain and to give him one more IV antibiotic treatment. And then he will come home tomorrow afternoon.

Of course he has had eye problems and I noticed a few weeks ago he had a little skin flap thing that had grown on his eye lid. So the doctor lapped that off too she felt it was irritating that eye. So that's good.

Thanks for thinking of him today. The little guy will probably be very mad at me for a few days but I'm sure thankful to come home tomorrow.

A

audrey

I have been busy with company from Denver and have not been on board but am glad Killan he is a darling fellow.

S

ShipMaven

I'm sorry I obviously missed a note - or notes - leading up to this because I didn't know Killian was scheduled for any procedure. But I'm glad he's fine...and will be fine with continued TLC.

Please give him some scritches from me when he returns home tomorrow...and let him know that Pucci sends tail wags and woofs.

P

popcorn

I am glad that it is over with. Maybe you will be able to relax and sleep tonight. And prepare for a mad dog to come home tomorrow! I used to have trouble driving to my dd's school with our dog in the car, cause I had to go past the by the vets office and the dog would sit there and shake. She couldn't see it but she knew where she was.

Liz

N

NiteStar

I'm so glad to hear that he tolerated the surgery so well. Give him hugs and kisses from me.

N

nieciez

Oh poor baby....I am glad it is done and over and he can get on the road to feeling better. Sorry to hear he had to have all his teeth extracted though. I know he is going to be very glad to see you this eveing!

K

korinalacount

Sure glad to hear he came thru with flying colors,glad you will be home to care for him this weekend,hugs!