Just Back From a shorty to Alaska and Prince Rupert BC

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Made it back from Ketchikan and Prince Rupert on HALS Koningsdam . Out of Vancouver's very crowded Canada Place and a fully booked Koningsdam. Not a great experience at all but it was sure nice to get back on a ship. The inside Passage of BC out of Vancouver is well worth it. There is no comparison to what you can see to what you see out of Seattle. Great weather in both of those almost Northern Ports which was a bonus. Koningsdam was fully booked and is expected to be for weeks to come. It was crowded at meal times and the Lido deck was a battle that they some times lost.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Hey Bob, when you went to Ketchikan, did you go on the Aluetion ballard tour an how did you like it?
Virginia
Sorry nope. Never heard of it. Love a walk through the town and Creek St. We had a beautiful sunny warm day. Almost qualified as an other "Tan In Ketchikan" day. Which BTW would have been my 3rd. Usually it rains.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
No silly . we are just talking Ketchikan. Just wasn’t quite warm enough for me this time.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Let’s stay with the old fashioned ( Americans only) Fahrenheit for now..
Ok then yes for sure above 40 F but turning pick is only dependent on the sun. When the sun shines up there and you are protected from the wind. Say down on the pool deck of a cruiseship up against the wall in full direct sun. It can get pretty warm. Even hot twice on two seperate cruises to AK out of all those I've been on though.