I've been away for a while

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Those that are here are because we are dedicated to cruising and we aren't pickyune. WELCOME BACK, we have just been waiting for people like you to help us out, contribution is the key

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
Those that are here are because we are dedicated to cruising and we aren't pickyune. WELCOME BACK, we have just been waiting for people like you to help us out, contribution is the key

Thank you. Now that I've retired, I have a bit more time to play. We are really going through withdrawals at the moment, so I'm ready for some cruising fun!

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Hi, @spikesgirl so good to have you back. We are here and we are looking forward to some great conversations. Be sure to invite your friends to help keep things interesting here.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
I'm doing my best, but most of them seem firmly entrenched in Cruise Critic. It just got so hostile and negative over there that it wasn't fun anymore. When someone tried to lighten the mood, they got slammed down seven ways from Sunday. I just need some place to tide me over until our next cruise, which may or may not happen, life being how it is now. Until then, it's more fun to dream and laugh here than there.

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
I'm doing my best, but most of them seem firmly entrenched in Cruise Critic. It just got so hostile and negative over there that it wasn't fun anymore. When someone tried to lighten the mood, they got slammed down seven ways from Sunday. I just need some place to tide me over until our next cruise, which may or may not happen, life being how it is now. Until then, it's more fun to dream and laugh here than there.
It's funny how you describe another message board. When we started in 1999 a large group of users came over to our forum from another very popular message board at the time. They said the same things your saying now. Luckily, We are still here and many of the great users are here as well. Thank you so much for coming back and posting. I'm hoping we can keep this momentum going and get more posters.

spikesgirl

3rd Officer
I will certainly do what I can! I hung with them for as long as I could, but the virus seems to bring out the worst in many. All they want to do is diss the cruiselines when I'm sure they are doing the best that they can.