It's Tuesday....so it's time for Trivia

B

Beryl

Did you miss me last week :grin ! I know you have all been looking for this all morning so here you go......

Just a reminder of the rules....

No googling (or any other search engine) allowed! It's a team effort so you post the answers you think you know and hope someone else on the team will be able to help fill in the blanks! It is permitted to ask your friends, family, neighbours and co-workers if they know any of the answers! So, put your thinking caps on and have a bit of fun. Answers will be posted on Thursday afternoon!

Are you all ready??? Let's go.....

1. What is the only city in the United States that is spelled using only vowels?

2. What is a gourmand?

3. In the US they are called orchestra seats…..what are they called in England?

4. What was the name of the first ship to answer the distress call of the Titanic?

5. If you have cheimaphobia what are you afraid of?

6. Humans have four different types of teeth. Can you name them and tell the specialized use of each type?

7. What is a busker?

8. By area what is the second largest country in Africa?

9. "Man – woman – birth – death – infinity" were the opening words for which 1960’s television series??

10. Name in the news this past week…..who is Boris Johnson?

11. Who is the author of the “Vampire Chronicles�

12. Which natural abrasive is second only to diamonds in hardness? (Ladies, you should nail this one! :grin )

13. Where are we? Be very specific!
specialsunset.jpg

14. In which Broadway musical would you have heard the songs How To Handle a Woman, C’est Moi, and The Seven Deadly Virtues?

15.On November 6th the newest ship in Princess fleet, the Ruby Princess, will be christened by which “romantic couple†?

16. What does Lloyd’s Lutine Bell announce?

17. Who is buried in Grant’s Tomb?

18. What city does the Trinidad Hilton overlook from a cliff on Belmont Hill?

19. Sir Winston Churchill declared that this World War II drama, set in England and following the lives of a middle-class British family, had done more for the war effort than a flotilla of destroyers. Can you name this movie classic?

20. What was Diana, Princess of Wales maiden name?

Thanks for playing!

S

ShipMaven

1 - Aiea (near Honolulu)
2) Gourmand is a connoisseur of fine wines and drinks
4) Carpathia
8) Sudan
11) Anne Rice
13) Ayers Rock, (Northern Territory) Australia (I'm guessing because it's not the traditional silhouette)
14) Camelot
15) Trista & Ryan Sutter
16) A maritime disaster or loss?
17) President & Mrs. Grant are entombed there, not buried.
20 Spencer

M

maw

Well I knew 4-Carpatheia
20-Spencer

will be watching and learning with this trivia.

S

ShipMaven

Oops - need to change #8. Sudan is largest, ALGERIA is second largest.

Also changing #13 to Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) not far from Ayers Rock (Uluru).

18) Port of Spain

N

nieciez

1. What is the only city in the United States that is spelled using only vowels? =huh but has to be in Hawaii

2. What is a gourmand? A gourmet

4. What was the name of the first ship to answer the distress call of the Titanic? Frankfurt...but they weren't the first to arrive.

5. If you have cheimaphobia what are you afraid of? Cold

6. Humans have four different types of teeth. Can you name them and tell the specialized use of each type? incisors, canine, bicuspid and molar chewing and tearing is all I can think of.

8. By area what is the second largest country in Africa? Looking at the map in our office I am guessing Algeria?

9. "Man – woman – birth – death – infinity" were the opening words for which 1960’s television series?? Ben Casey

11. Who is the author of the “Vampire Chronicles� Ann Rice

12. Which natural abrasive is second only to diamonds in hardness? (Ladies, you should nail this one!) The stuff on an emery boards :lol :lol

17. Who is buried in Grant’s Tomb? Grant and I guess his wife too?

20. What was Diana, Princess of Wales maiden name? Spencer

C

conniecat

1. What is the only city in the United States that is spelled using only vowels?

2. What is a gourmand?

3. In the US they are called orchestra seats…..what are they called in England? Most expensive??

4. What was the name of the first ship to answer the distress call of the Titanic? Carpathia

5. If you have cheimaphobia what are you afraid of? Chemicals

6. Humans have four different types of teeth. Can you name them and tell the specialized use of each type? Molar (chewing) inscisor (cutting) Cuspid and bicuspid

7. What is a busker?

8. By area what is the second largest country in Africa? So Africa
9. "Man – woman – birth – death – infinity" were the opening words for which 1960’s television series?? Dr Kildare??

10. Name in the news this past week…..who is Boris Johnson? Olympic participant
11. Who is the author of the “Vampire Chronicles� Anne Rice

12. Which natural abrasive is second only to diamonds in hardness? (Ladies, you should nail this one! ) Emery powder

13. Where are we? Be very specific! Ayer's rock

14. In which Broadway musical would you have heard the songs How To Handle a Woman, C’est Moi, and The Seven Deadly Virtues?

15.On November 6th the newest ship in Princess fleet, the Ruby Princess, will be christened by which “romantic couple†?

16. What does Lloyd’s Lutine Bell announce?

17. Who is buried in Grant’s Tomb? Grant
18. What city does the Trinidad Hilton overlook from a cliff on Belmont Hill?

19. Sir Winston Churchill declared that this World War II drama, set in England and following the lives of a middle-class British family, had done more for the war effort than a flotilla of destroyers. Can you name this movie classic? Mrs Miniver

20. What was Diana, Princess of Wales maiden name? Spencer

B

BSeabob

2. What is a gourmand? A guy who thinks he knows what everyone else likes to eat...

3. In the US they are called orchestra seats…..what are they called in England? same as for my horse.. a stall

5. If you have cheimaphobia what are you afraid of? Mount Cheam just up the Valley

6. Humans have four different types of teeth. Can you name them and tell the specialized use of each type? Baby Adult false and None.....

7. What is a busker? A Player/entertainer/ usually musician on the street looking for your spare change

9. "Man – woman – birth – death – infinity" were the opening words for which 1960’s television series?? TV in the '60's ?? Ben Casey we even got that up here

10. Name in the news this past week…..who is Boris Johnson? Olympic flag guy UK I think

13. Where are we? Be very specific! http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q68/cruiseaddicttoo/specialsunset.jpg Australia but not Ayers :)

15.On November 6th the newest ship in Princess fleet, the Ruby Princess, will be christened by which “romantic couple†? Blondie and Dagwood

17. Who is buried in Grant’s Tomb? nobody it's a trick

20. What was Diana, Princess of Wales maiden name? Spenser

Thanks for playing!

M

mrsrocster

I didn't look at the posts above mine so here goes:

1. Somewhere in Hawaii?
2. An expert gourmet chef?
4. The USS Olympic? There was another but I can't recall the name of the ship.
15. Ryan and Trista Sutter
17. Grant himself?
20. Spencer

Michelle

C

Calgon1

1. What is the only city in the United States that is spelled using only vowels? Aiea, Hawaii

2. What is a gourmand? A connoisseur of gourmet foods

3. In the US they are called orchestra seats…..what are they called in England? Stalls

4. What was the name of the first ship to answer the distress call of the Titanic? Carpathia

5. If you have cheimaphobia what are you afraid of? Coldness

6. Humans have four different types of teeth. Can you name them and tell the specialized use of each type? Incisors (slicing), Bicuspids (grasping), Molars (grinding) and Wisdom (discomfort)

7. What is a busker? A street performer

8. By area what is the second largest country in Africa? Sudan

9. "Man – woman – birth – death – infinity" were the opening words for which 1960’s television series?? Ben Casey

10. Name in the news this past week…..who is Boris Johnson? Flag bearer for Great Britian

11. Who is the author of the “Vampire Chronicles� Anne Rice

12. Which natural abrasive is second only to diamonds in hardness? (Ladies, you should nail this one! ) Corundum

13. Where are we? Be very specific! Ayers Rock, Australia

14. In which Broadway musical would you have heard the songs How To Handle a Woman, C’est Moi, and The Seven Deadly Virtues? South Pacific

16. What does Lloyd’s Lutine Bell announce? The loss of a ship

17. Who is buried in Grant’s Tomb? No one

18. What city does the Trinidad Hilton overlook from a cliff on Belmont Hill? Port of Spain

19. Sir Winston Churchill declared that this World War II drama, set in England and following the lives of a middle-class British family, had done more for the war effort than a flotilla of destroyers. Can you name this movie classic?

20. What was Diana, Princess of Wales maiden name? Diana Spenser

M

Mbandy

BSeabob

Humans have four different types of teeth. Can you name them and tell the specialized use of each type? Baby Adult false and None.....

=lolgang now why didn't I think of that =lolgang

I got 9 this time, not bad I guess.