In lots of pain but stopping in to say hi!

K

korinalacount

Last Sunday I got real excited about our blowout win over the Vikings,ran thru the hallway,slammed my foot up against the metal register and wall,and got a foot that has been in considerable pain and swollen for a week! Maybe a slight crack the doctor says,couldnt put weight on it till today,hobbling just to get to the bathroom,makes me feel humbled about all of you who have mobility problems.

Now I couldnt even get to doctors till yesterday,couldnt bear weight on that foot,in and out of pain,sleeping all the time,it was awful.

Poor John had to run to do all my Thanksgiving shopping,and regular food shopping for 2 weeks,3 hours later he comes home with a trillion bags,the store is 5 minutes away,and I said what is all this,he bought several things since he didnt know what I wanted,acorn squash,butternut squash ect,it was funny,what I have put that man thru.

So I will be cooking mostly from a chair and the house propably wont get cleaned,oh well,lifes unexpected wonders living with me!!!

My son has also been so depressed since his breakup,he has gone back to smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and hitting the booze at night,its been hard being supportive when I was in so much pain,so hopfully he will come over here Sunday to watch the game with us and we can talk,me in my robe and sitting on the couch,well thanks for listening,off to throw so much needed laundry in,will check in time to time as I get better!

E

elliottsmama

I have two bad hips which give me daily pain but I guess over time I have gotten use to it. You will heal and things will get better. You are lucky to have such a sweet husband. And as far as your son, you can be there and love him and listen. I am afraid the rest is up to him. Have a great holiday.

M

maw

Sorry to hear you are banged up Korina-sure is not fun when you are used to rushing around to do things. Hope you are all better soon. Just don't do too much on it too soon. Those guys can manage Thanksgiving dinner with a little help from you.

B

BostonsJ

Korina I hope that you are much better soon. Pain is not fun and when you care not able to get around it is so frustrating.

As far as your son just keep reminding him that it is better he found out now that she wasn't ready to be in the relationship. And that the right one will come along, usually when he stops looking.

T

tango55

Hi Korina. Sorry to hear about your foot - take it easy!

Yes the Packers win was exciting - let's just hope this week they will do as well! Everyone else seems surprised that they're doing well - not us Packer fans though, right?

Good hubby you got there - I'm sure your dinner will go off without a hitch - maybe a crutch though? (ha ha)

I went through something similar with my son a few years ago. Took him a long time to get over that girl. He's a lot better off now and your son will be too - it will just take time. All us mom's can do is be there if they need to talk.

Take care of your self!

Terry

J

JANPEP

So sorry to hear of your injury & being laid up. Just deagate that's what I have had to learn to do. Everything will come out alright.

B

Beryl

So sorry to hear about your owie Korina! I know from experience that having a bad foot is not a pleasant thing!! ::eek: Hope it gets better really soon, though sorry to say this...it will probably take months before it feels back to normal! At least you know it's not permanent!

As to your son...I'm sorry that things didn't work out for him. (Was this the girlfriend with the little girl?) Remind him that cigarettes and booze are only hurting him further and not helpful in the least! I know he doesn't want to hear it but better to find out now that this wasn't going to work out. All these little reminders should of course come with love, sympathy and be very gentle indeed!

C

conniecat

Sorry about your son. The others are right, the rright one will come along when he least expects it!

As for your foot, ouch! That does not sound like fun. You know, I have problems standing now long enough to cook, so I bought a cheap desk chair on wheels from Staples for $29. It is pretty high, and I am using it to scoot around the kitchen. I find with that, and a reacher (barbeque tongs) I can get to most of the kitchen. Makes it much easier to do dishes, too. I even sat on it and pushed the vacuum around yesterday. Do you have one you could use? Hope it gets better soon, cc

K

korinalacount

CC,thats exactly what I have been doing,my own personal wheelchair! Thanks everyone for the good wishes,its always the same foot I injure and Doctor says I have to be more careful,as my feet are a problem anyway!

As to my son Beryl,yes she was the one with the 1 year old daughter,he proposed to her with a 1 carat diamond and she threw it in his face and said it was over,but she accepted the 2 carat and kept diamond bracelet he couldnt wait till Christmas to give her,seems she found someone else who wasnt always working,and came home late all the time,lots of times grumpy. He blames it all on him,if he was there more,if he always didnt voice all his stress to her,if he did more for her. I told him she was very young,21 to his 27,and even though she lost her husband and was already a widow maybe she was just to young and not ready for another relationship,I myself miss the little girl lots.

G

gottacruz

Hi,
you didnt hurt the wall did you? Just joking, Sorry to hear about your son.

L

Lisa

Korina, I hope your foot heals soon. And I hope the pain resolves quickly.

As for the Pack......who was it who said that Brett should retire after last year? Shame on them!!! Hopefully we will be 9 - 1 after the Panthers game! Then, bring on them Lions!

C

Cruise cutie

Hope you get all better soon..it's a shame you got so injured JUST before the holiday nutsos.. it's terrible for foot/leg issues anytime so even worse now..take care!!..and good luck..:)..Joanne

N

nieciez

Ouch Korina =eek I hope it feels better soon. I know how hard it is standing and cooking when you have leg or foot pain. I was a mess trying to work on my lasagna yesterday but I managed with my Mom's help. I swear, at 76 she is in better shape then me.

Hope your son's broken heart heals soon too. Since she was married so young and is now widowed, he probably shouldn't rush into a serious relationship. You son will find Miss Right one day I am sure...just tell him to hang in there ;)

H

Hucc

good to 'see' you posting, Korina.

It's amazing how much we take mobility for granted, until it is compromised.

Hope you feel better soon and you heal up quickly.

=hug
Hucc