I took the Job!

B

BostonsJ

And the best part was telling my old boss I would not be returning! She pulled a fast one while I was on temporary loan to this mortuary and changed my work hours to Wed through Sunday. When she told me she was considering this move I told her whether or not I chose to stay at this mortuary, I would not be returning to the other mortuary under those conditions. The best part is I have not called her once for help and she is no longer my boss in any capacity. The new GM is! So telling her have at it replacing me was sooooooo nice. Wait I have already heard about the disasters in my position since I left it. The Counselors are screaming for my perfection but I won't go back there.

In fact is was even nicer when she asked to speak to my new boss and I got to tell her he was with a family, had another coming in right behind that family and then several hours of paperwork, that I would relay the message and he would call her probably in the morning but he was very busy today. LOL

I have been working with the new GM and we are doing quite well together he is singing my praises. I am so much happier in this one person environment and in 3 weeks have learned so much. The best part is I'm working with families again which is where my heart has always been.

This is a mortuary that gets maybe one or two families a week. We have gotten five new cases since Sunday and we have 4 imminent which could come in any minute. I'm off the wall busy and am learning Director work, the hard way but it is all good. Real Good I'm thrilled. In fact the GM can't be present for an ID Viewing tomorrow and has entrusted me to do it. Now that is confidence in my abilities it is unheard of that a Director doesn't do this, but he is booked 3 high with appointments tomorrow.

The GM will be appointing a location supervisor which hopefully will be my good friend. But, I felt I needed to make a decision when asked today. Last week I was asked and I said to the GM you know what ####, you and I will be working very closely together next week. After you work with me for a few days I want you to make a decision based on what your personal opinion of me is, based on my skills, my work ethic and my abilities. So today when he once again approached me, I asked him what his opinion of me is. He said I couldn't have hoped for more in an employee. He said Judy you don't sit there and say that's director work, no you say what can I do to assist you why don't you let me handle this end of things.

So that is about it. I'm tired and working long hours but I'm happy, fulfilled and I live barely 6 minutes from work.

E

ewheelock

That is awesome Judy and 6 minutes from home is the best!

When my sil died the funeral home that they had chosen really did make a difference. Everyone on the staff was kind and very helpful and it really makes a difference.

C

conniecat

[size=x-large]That is great Judy. Nothing is worse than working with a boss you can't stand and who is out to make your life hard. I had a boss like that for 5 years and he made me miserable. So glad you are out of that environment.

I know you will be happy there![/size]

C

Corky

I am so glad that your new job is working out for you. Enjoy your new position and being 6 miles from home!!! :)

K

korinalacount

Whoo Hoo Congrats girl! Sounds like you were a winner in every respect and now you can also respect yourself,way to go!

K

kpopperwell

Congratulations on your decision. Nothing better than having a great boss to make work more enjoyable.

K

KathyC

Congratulations on the new job; hope it contines to work out well for you. Living so close to work will be great when the weather is bad and should be like getting a big raise since you'll be saving money on gas.

B

BostonsJ

Kathy I use about 1/4 of a tank of gas each week! What a joy with the price of gas going up so high of late.

P

popcorn

I am glad that you chose the new place. Sounds like a perfect fit for you and much less travel time.

Liz

C

Cruise cutie

WHOO HOO atta way to go Bunny Sistah.. and I cannot wait to yap in person, watch out this weekend..:phone.. this is ALL you deserved and more HUGE =hugs..amd is'nt a 6 minute commute awesome??> mine is the same amount..Yippee for all the good stuff...:thumb...Joanne

R

reggae

I'm so happy to hear of your decision, Judy. It sounds like a good move, and the short commute is icing on the cake!

N

nieciez

Congratulations Judy! Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you....good comes to those who work hard and you sure are a hard worker. And a 6 minute commute....now that makes me GREEN with envy.

B

Bruce

Congrats Judy,
Now maybe you and TT will want to re-consider my rare collection of velvet Elvis paintings for your house.

B

BostonsJ

Oh Bruce such a tough tough decision pictures of Elvis - Grandkids Grandkids - Elvis.....the kids win! =lolgang The mortuary could use a few pictures but I'd be afraid that it would bring the ghosts of him into an already spirit filled building!

D

Donna - dsw

Congratulations!

Isn't it wonderful to actually like your work. We spend so much of our time there - - we might as well enjoy it.