I spoke to the Vet about Killian today.

B

BostonsJ

She called me actually to see how Killian was doing. I told her about the reverse sneezing and she feels it isn't his trachea but more in his sinuses. She said he was under anesthesia a long time and that pulling the canine teeth can affect the sinuses and more than likely he needs to get some built up gunk out of his nose and sinuses. It has gotten less severe over the last day or so. She did say if it doesn't resolve to call her and she will see him.

She asked me if he was able to eat. I started to laugh and said he wasn't home 15 minutes and ate a full meal, came back for more 2 hours later and hasn't missed a meal since. She was thrilled and we agree he is so much better without the teeth because they were hurting him.

So that is it. He is being weaned off of his pain meds tonight a little and tomorrow should be the end of the doggie downers. He actually came charging to the door when I came home tonight.

Thanks for all of your well wishes.

K

korinalacount

Wish we could pull some of Freds teeth but I pretty much have them on people food now,rice and chicken and hamburger ground up.

B

BostonsJ

Who says we don't spoil our furbabies Korina. I know Killian is having people feasts all ground up for him this past 5 days. :lol

Mike and I have a water bed. Killian will get up there for a bit but isn't comfortable on a bed that moves. When he came home he just wanted Mommy. I knew he would. So I have these two hassocks that go with my couch. When you put them up against the couch it turnes it into a double size bed. I put a foam underneath to make it all smooth, sheets down and have been sleeping with Killian on the double bed. He is soooooooooo loving it. Now breaking him of this habit in a day or so is going to be difficult. :lol :lol :lol Anything for the furbabies.

K

korinalacount

Good luck,once we let Lady our dalmation up on the bed she has to be with us everynight,her long deer like legs are in my fanny every night!

S

ShipMaven

Pucci and I are glad that Killian is doing better. :thumb

My little rascal back-sneezes a lot, especially after he drinks water. I don't panic, simply massage his throat.

R

reggae

So good to hear that little Killian is doing better. You are good to be so caring of him :)

N

nieciez

Glad to hear he is on the right side of getting better. Now to wean him from Mommy :lol :lol

G

GloBug

Aw, yes, we do love our furbabies, and want them to feel better at any cost. Glad he's back to pretty much normal...