I paid too much for cruise. Will they reimburse?

Gabler100

I asked Norwegian and my travel agent if there are last minute deals. They both said no they do not do that anymore cuz it makes people upset. I paid for my cruise on the breakaway and as I'm reading my receipts I am seeing the same offer for $175 less since its last minute cruise. Will they give me the difference in money back or offer an upgrade or something on the ship? I cannot call my travel agent till late tomorrow.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
After the final payment? Not very likely. BUT maybe your TA could see if an upgrade is available. Keeping in mind the room you have is the room you wanted and an upgrade in a room/style/cat/ maybe to a lesser location. Look at it this way divide that 175 over the whole cruise per day. Doesn't hurt as much. After final payment prices will drop if the ship is not full. Normal practise in the Industry.

Jembeccatoo

They probably won’t upgrade you, but may give you 25% of the difference in onboard credit. My cabin is now going for much less than I paid and this is what they did for me.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
They probably won’t upgrade you, but may give you 25% of the difference in onboard credit. My cabin is now going for much less than I paid and this is what they did for me.

That sounds good. Which cruise line was this ?