Hunky Dory

P

Pita817

How many of you who have cruised on the Zuiderdam met Hunky Dory? This guy is just amazing...by the end of the cruise, he knows everyone by name that he has come into contact with. He works in the dining room and Lido.

S

sail7seas

We've known him from other ships and from cruises last year on Zuiderdam. We saw him in October on Zuiderdam and were happy to see he hasn't changed at all.

N

ninijp

There is no one in this world like Hunky Dory. My husband and I miss him sooo much! I am gonna try to get a tv show to go do a story on him, he is just amazing in every way! We are gonna go back on the Zuiderdam on purpose just to be with him again! (hopefully he'll still be there!)

I

Iggipolka

Anyone know if Hunky Dory is working in 2005 and on what ship? He's such an amazing guy.

L

Lisa8192

Hunky is on the Zuiderdam. We met him a couple weeks ago! What a great guy!!!

S

shayesship

I met him April/04 on the Z and agree with all that he is a great PR person for HAL.
Steve Hayes

P

Pita817

Hunky Dory must have returned to the ship shortly before our November cruise. He said he had just heard from his wife that she was not pregnant which means he must have been home a short time before or he is extremely understanding to have another man step in because of his absence. LOL
He told us he isn't giving up...he is still trying over the phone lines.....LOLOL He is a piece of work!!!!
GREAT GUY!

S

scubachic

WELL I'M NEW 2 THIS AND THIS IS MY FIRST POST!!!! I JUST MET HUNKY LAST WEEK WHEN I WENT ON THE ZUIDERDAM FOR A CRUISE ON MAY 28TH -JUNE 4!!!! BUT HE'S GOING HOME 2 INDONESIA 2MORROWZ!!! AND HE WILL BE BACK IN SEPTEMBER I THINK!!! THE WHOLE TIME ON THE SHIP I NEVER LEFT HIS SIDE I STAYED ON LIDO FROM 7:30 AM- 3:00PM AND WHEN I WAS DONE THERE WENT TO DINNER AND WENT UP 2 SAY HI WHEN HE WASN'T BUSY!!!! THERES NOT MAY THINGS ON THE SHIP 2 DO IF YOUR 17!!!! AND SO THROUGH HIM I MET THE WHOLE CREW ON THE SHIP AND EVERYONE KNOWS ME IT'S QUITE AWESOME!!!!!! ALL THE WAITERS KNOW WHO I AM!!!! BUT HUNKY IS AMAZING HE REMEMBER'S LIKE MORE THAN 1000 NAMES EACH CRUISE!!!! PRETTY NEAT. I MISS HIM BUT WE EMAIL EACH OTHER!!!!! NEXT CRUISE I TAKE IM GOING ON THE SAME SHIP HE'S ON!!!! HE WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY CRUISE!!!!!! ALSO DID YOU GUYS MEET BAS 1 OF HUNKY'S FRIENDS!!!!! THE RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREGULAR COFFEE WITH CRRRRRRRRRRREAM!!!!!!!! GUY HES COOL 2 ALONG WITH THE WHOLE CREW!!! THIS WAS THE NICEST CREW ON A CRUISE I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I'VE BEEN ON 4 OTHER CRUISES W/ DIFFERENT LINES!!!!!! SO... GOD BLESS YOU HUNKY!!!!!!

L

LUV2Cruz2

The June 4th cruise on the Zui was his last for a little while...he was going home after that, but says he'll be back and said to say HI to all the Cruise Addicts.

S

scubachic

He should be!!! I'll email him and find out for ya!!! Also if you go into the photo galleries menu and find the album that says : Album: May 28th-June 4th Cruise Pictures

Pictures from my cruise 5/28-6/4 '05 on the Zuiderdam!!!! Then you can go and see some of the guys u should meet while your on the Zuiderdam!!!

E

eggson27

As of January 9, 2009, Hunky Dory is still on the Zuiderdam. He is amazing. I've never seen anybody like him memorize almost every single name on the entire ship. It was incredible.

K

Krazy Kruizers

We met Hunk Dory back in 2005 on the Zuiderdam.

He never could remember my name -- wrote it down in a tiny notebook he kept in his pocket.

C

Calgon1

I love Hunkey Dorey. The guy is one of the greatest selling points HAL has going for it. He goes far beyond remembering (almost) everyone on a cruise. The first time Hunkey Dorey meets you he will introduce himself, “Hello. I Honkey Dorey. What you name? Pleased to meet you (insert your name here). I Hunkey Dorey†From that point in time onward, he will remember you! I’m not kidding.

At first I thought it was just well developed short term memory/recall ability, until I observed this little encounter the second day.

As Hunkey was introducing himself to a lady, he happened to glance over her shoulder, waved to an approaching couple and called out, “Hi Kathy, Hi David! It me, Hunkey Dorey!†The couple stopped dead in their tracks and the lady said, “Hunkey, it’s been three years!†Hunkey Dorey looked pensive for a moment and replied, “No. Almost. It three years in July.†This guy is absolutely phenomenal (almost to the point of being spooky). Every morning, I was greeted with, “Good morning John, Where Pat?†And, on occasion, “Hi John. Pat looking for you.â€Â

A

allstar22

I cruised on the Zuiderdam in June of 2007 and never had the privilege of meeting Hunky Dory. Is he a stateroom steward or a dining room server? I might be on the Zuiderdam again this summer for another wonderful Alaska cruise.

Cindy