Hucc's birthday

K

Koolaid

Just wanted to let y'all know that I logged in with Hucc's account and updated his profile to include his birthday. I just thought people should know since it's coming up soon. Didn't want to freak anybody out.

Koolaid

P.S. Thanks for the responses from my last post. You guys are pretty cool (or should I say Kool?). I can see why Hucc spent so much time on this board.

S

ShipMaven

Koolaid - I sincerely hope you will come to feel as much at home here as did dear Hucc. You and Oliver have lots of cyber-family here. {{{HUGS}}}

Mary Ann

L

L8inAZ

I agree with MaryAnn, Hope you can stop by and just add to the boards. We WOULD love that alot... (((Koolaid)))

L

Lisa63

Same here. :)

Yes, @ddicts are pretty "Kool."

Thanks for the heads-up on the birthday listing.

Hugs,
Lisa

E

ewheelock

Thanks for stopping by and posting. I was very lucky to meet Hucc and Oliver the last time that y'all visited your family.

Hope to see you more often, it is good to have cyber friends and yes we can be a "kool" bunch of people!

G

GloBug

K, thank you letting us know.

Hucc was a strong and contributing member of this board, and he left big holes in it. For one thing, Hucc was our WHAT'S FOR DINNER poster, and we were happily following along on your trials with the new convection oven (I think it was). Please feel free to post often. We want to hear how you and O are doing, and we want to know what YOU are having for dinner!

D

debowah

Koolaid & Oliver, you are both most welcome to join in when you are ready. I hope you are able to have a meaningful birthday remembrance for Hucc, the first one is the most difficult. Thanks for thinking of us @ddicts, you are more special to us than you might realize.

N

nieciez

Thanks for the Bday reminder Koolaid....I know this will be a very hard milestone for you, Oliver and all how loved Hucc which includes us @ddicts. We are here for you two guys :thumb

M

Mbandy

Wow, I had no idea that Hucc and I shared the same birthday. I'll definately be thinking of him on the 6th. Koolaid, I agree with the rest. We are always glad to see you on the boards. Drop by more often, will ya?

By the way, for thiose interested here are some other famous folks (Besides Hucc and Me) who share the same birthday.

July 6 Birthdays

Allyce Beasly, American actress. TV: Moonlighting (the rhyming receptionist Agnes di Pesto).

Sylvester Stallone, American actor, star of the Rocky and Rambo movies.

George Walker Bush, 43rd U.S. President (2001-).

Fred Dryer, American football player, actor. TV: Hunter (title role).

Burt Ward, American actor. TV: Batman (Robin the boy wonder).

Ned Beatty, American actor. Film: Deliverance (1972). TV: Roseanne (Dan's Father).

Della Reese (Delloreese Patricia Early), American singer. Music: Don't You Know (1959, #2).

Janet Leigh (Jeanette Morrison), American actress. Film: Psycho (1960, shower scene victim).

Merv Griffin, American TV executive, creator of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune.

1925 d. 1981
Bill Haley, American rock 'n' roll pioneer. Music: Rock Around the Clock (1954, #1).

William Schallert, American actor. TV: The Patty Duke Show (Patty's father), The Nancy Drew Mysteries (Nancy's father), and The New Gidget (Gidget's father).

Nancy Reagan, American First Lady, in her 1939 high school production of First Lady her only line read: "They ought to elect the First Lady and let her husband be president."

1918 d. 1977
Sebastian Cabot, English actor. TV: Family Affair (Mr. French).

1911 d. 1967
LaVerne Andrews, American singer, with the Andrews sisters.

1888 d. 1975
Annette Kellerman, Australian swimmer, actress. She starred in the first sex-shocker movie, A Daughter of the Gods (1916). Earlier, in 1907, she had been arrested for wearing a one-piece bathing suit at a Boston beach.

1747 d. 1792
John Paul Jones, Scottish-born American naval officer. He is known for his famous proclamation, "I have not yet begun to fight."

J

JacquieP

Please stop by often, say hello, and let us know how you and Oliver are doing. You have lots of friends here with lots of support to offer!

R

red stripe

welcome Koolaid.
Do you know about the "private message" section?
Look at the top right, above the "search" dropdown box. It wil say "private messages" I know that you have at least one to read.

K

Karry

I can add one other name to that July 6th birthday list: my oldest and dearest friend John. We were practically inseperable. I started babysitting him when he was 2 years old, then as he grew our relationship changed to a deep and lasting friendship. 4 years ago in May he was pitching for his softball team, collapsed and died at the age of 39. :cry As hard as this loss still is, I can now smile and even laugh when I think of him. I have a huge BLOWOUT on July 4th every year. John always came in the morning to help me set things up and then right before guests arrived, we would have a beer together. The calm before the storm :) He is buried less than a mile away from our home. Every 7/4 I put a few drops of beer in a cup and go to his grave and sprinkle the beer there. Some things are just too hard to give up and so you find some other way to keep the memories close to your heart. I'm hoping Hucc and John have met, and they'll have a grand birthday celebration together :) :angel

A

audrey

Koolaid thanks for stopping by not a day goes by that I don't thank of Hucc and wonder how you are both doing. Hucc was a big part of our addicts family and I never met him in person I enjoyed reading his post he was always there for everyone in need.

D

Donna - dsw

Koolaid - thanks for stopping in. Join as often as you can and know we are all here for you when you need us.

J

John

Thank you, Please stick around. The birthday feature is growing and I hope you'll enjoy the memories that are sealed away in years of posts.

N

NiteStar

Like some of the others.....not a day goes by that I don't think of HUCC and of you and Oliver. I sincerely hope that whenever you feel up to it, that you will stop in and say hello. Even though it was HUCC that posted here, I feel like you and Oliver are family also.

C

Calgon1

As you gain strength from our postings and rememberances of Hucc; so, likewise we gain strength from your postings to us. Thank you.