hotel recomendation in mestre instead of venice

evgal/nj

any suggestions for hotel in mestre close to airpot bus or train. stayed in venice last yr.with wheelchair was difficult. any idea of cost of taxie from mestre to cruise port?
karen

Jack-

Pool Attendant
Hi Karen, give me few days, i'm going to call my friend in Venice and as soon as possible i'll let you know everythings and the best way if you have a wheelchair

evgal

hi jack,
if your calling your friend could you ask him if there are taxies that are van type,if remember correctly we took a station wagon type last yr, well have 2 suitcases, 2 carry ons, wheelchair & a light weight scooter which can be stored in a trunk but is approx 40 inches long.we're traveling with another couple, last yr from p.roma we had to take 2 taxies to the ship & didn't have the scooter!
thanks
karen

cindylu2001

evgal/nj
we are staying at the Crowne Plaza Venice East for our cruise in November. They offer free transportation from the airport to the hotel and will arrange transfers from the hotel to the port. Their rates are excellent.
Cindy

The Skipper

Youth Counselor
Just booked at the Antony Palace Hotel. Got a great rate. You can google the hotel. We have a group of 28 folks doing a pre-cruise stay at this hotel. Doing the Ruby Princess transatlantic back to Ft. Lauderdale.

I've been to Venice three times, and really searched for a really nice, modern, hotel at a reasonable (for Venice) price.

Van from the airport is 4 euros pp.

Jack-

Pool Attendant
Hi evgal, I do apologize but my friend did not answer me. I'm so sorry evgal, I've tried even this morning to call her but... nothing, I don't know where she is. Apologize. Jack

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Although I have no personal experience with the hotel, the HOTEL PLAZA in Mestre indicates it's wheelchair accessible in its public areas. It says nothing about its rooms, however...

Near the Mestre Station, this hotel can be easily reached both from land and sea. Hotel Plaza is a modern and functional hotel, which is well-facilitated and suited to both tourists and travelers on business trips. The flexible facilities at the meeting and conference rooms make it a perfect place to hold business meetings and the close proximity to the city's major attractions make it a good location for tourists to stay at. The Posiedon Restaurant at Hotel Plaza serves traditional Italian cuisine.
Property Information by Wcities, Inc

Room Amenities
  • Air Conditioning (In Room)
  • Newspaper (Free)
  • Telephone
  • Television (Cable/Satellite)
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Television
  • Daily Maid Service
  • In Room Broadband Internet Access
  • Safe (In Room)
  • Mini-Bar