Help with Cozumel!!!!!

Hi there! It has been so long since I have been to Cozumel. Can anyone recommend what to do on our port day there? Open to any suggestions! Thank you in advance!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well made it there last March. Had been a bit since I was there . We were going to snorkel just a 15 minute stroll towards town from our pier. It was going to be a learning experience for most of our crew so thats why we picked it. There are several spots to beach it along the walk. Water was too rough to go in. But the spot was nice and clean. Have in the past rented a vehicle and done a few beaches and restaurants on the outside. But that too has been quite a while. Great beach island which you likely know already. If you are interested I can look for the name of that spot to walk too. The road in and out of town is really really busy on our last two stops. Upwards of 4 ships at a time there.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
And if you are close to town around mid day Pancho's Backyard is an awesome place to eat.
Don't get scared the prices are on Pesos

George C

Staff Captain
And if you are close to town around mid day Pancho's Backyard is an awesome place to eat.
agree Pancho‘s is our favorite restaurant but there are a several good ones , wife loves shopping in downtown area and like drinking, you must bargain if you want to buy jewelry.

sunluva7

Youth Counselor
On our last time in Cozumel, we did Norwegian’s “Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting Experience,” which we thoroughly enjoyed. Instead of a big bus, they taxi small groups of guests to Discover Mexico Park, where we were greeted with a tequila sample to start things off on a winning note. Our guide was “Bou”, who was charismatic, engaging and funny. He obviously knows his tequila and explained to us where it comes from, how it’s made, and how to drink it (mixed or sipped - no shots!). Our small group was then taken to a tasting room where we sampled three varieties using the three senses, very much like wine tasting. Next came an exciting aerial performance by the “Papantla Flyers”, actually an ancient ritual of sorts, followed by a delicious margarita and tacos. Even though there were lots of people here for the tasting, because we toured with a small group, it never felt crowded or overwhelming. Last stop, of course, was the gift shop, where Bou explained how to shop for authentic tequila. There was no pressure to buy, but we couldn’t resist snapping up a bottle to take home! I was skeptical that this would be a touristy kind of experience, but it was far from it. Instead, it was both fun and educational!

For something more active, our niece did a jeep tour booked off the ship and had a blast.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
On our last time in Cozumel, we did Norwegian’s “Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting Experience,” which we thoroughly enjoyed. Instead of a big bus, they taxi small groups of guests to Discover Mexico Park, where we were greeted with a tequila sample to start things off on a winning note. Our guide was “Bou”, who was charismatic, engaging and funny. He obviously knows his tequila and explained to us where it comes from, how it’s made, and how to drink it (mixed or sipped - no shots!). Our small group was then taken to a tasting room where we sampled three varieties using the three senses, very much like wine tasting. Next came an exciting aerial performance by the “Papantla Flyers”, actually an ancient ritual of sorts, followed by a delicious margarita and tacos. Even though there were lots of people here for the tasting, because we toured with a small group, it never felt crowded or overwhelming. Last stop, of course, was the gift shop, where Bou explained how to shop for authentic tequila. There was no pressure to buy, but we couldn’t resist snapping up a bottle to take home! I was skeptical that this would be a touristy kind of experience, but it was far from it. Instead, it was both fun and educational!

For something more active, our niece did a jeep tour booked off the ship and had a blast.
Interesting, did he say if they actually grow any agave in coz, didn't think east coast had the soil to grow plants for top shelf tequila, and especially being an island. Remember reading a joke about if it doesn't come from Jalisco it ain't tequila. I usually don't get past Pancho's

Well made it there last March. Had been a bit since I was there . We were going to snorkel just a 15 minute stroll towards town from our pier. It was going to be a learning experience for most of our crew so thats why we picked it. There are several spots to beach it along the walk. Water was too rough to go in. But the spot was nice and clean. Have in the past rented a vehicle and done a few beaches and restaurants on the outside. But that too has been quite a while. Great beach island which you likely know already. If you are interested I can look for the name of that spot to walk too. The road in and out of town is really really busy on our last two stops. Upwards of 4 ships at a time there.
Thank you so much! If you wouldn't mind that would be great!

OMG I forgot about that place. Definitely want to go back there!

Thank you!

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Still digging But it was connected physically to the Sunset Restaurant and Bar which shows up as "Sunset" on Google maps. Left down the main road out of the Cruise Terminal.

BSeabob

Forum Manager
Staff member
Well here's the story. We used a "Shore Excursion" firm which is no longer in business. So.for fun I went on FB and found this https://www.facebook.com/SunsetCozumel/ Same place as the restaurant. The restaurant has better pictures on their site. If you want a place thats ok for swimming and snorkeling a bit with little travel and good food (we ate there ) this is the spot. Nothing fancy but clean.

I took an excursion to Pasion Island with the wife through Carnival. It was nice. The beach where videos are made. But the ride to and from took at least an hour and a half away form the hours allotted. Only through the cruise line for this. Going to other beaches by bus on excursions gives you more time. Using private companies available over the internet that are reputable will save you money for the same. They will get you back to the ship before it leaves. Use reputable private firms. And get the most value out of it for the time you are there.

I took an excursion to Pasion Island with the wife through Carnival. It was nice. The beach where videos are made. But the ride to and from took at least an hour and a half away form the hours allotted. Only through the cruise line for this. Going to other beaches by bus on excursions gives you more time. Using private companies available over the internet that are reputable will save you money for the same. They will get you back to the ship before it leaves. Use reputable private firms. And get the most value out of it for the time you are there.
Thank you

Jcar

Lecturer
Hi there! It has been so long since I have been to Cozumel. Can anyone recommend what to do on our port day there? Open to any suggestions! Thank you in advance!
Take a trip on the Fury. Great beach visit including a water playground. I’ve done it a few times.

Thank you so much! Do you have any firms you can recommend that are reputable?

Thank you for this! Do you have any reputable firms that you can recommend?