Heathrow/ Dover bus service

P

Petert

I am booked on a Celebrity cruise out of Dover, and am looking at transfer options. I will be arriving a couple days before embarkation, and will be taking the train or a bus to Dover. I have found a National Express schedule and wonder if anyone has experience with this service. Of particular concern is the baggage as we will have our cruise bags to transport. Thanks for any information.

Peter

C

cfrieday

We are going to be flying into Gatwick and have to get over to Heathrow for a connecting flight. I have done much research and have found that Eddie Manning is a great transportation service. Feel free to e-mail me and I will give you the e-mail address and website.

N

n12290

We just returned from a cruise on the Royal Princess out of Souuthampton. We took National Express buses from Heathrow to Southampton and return. I bought the tickets on the internet, and they were air mailed to us at no charge. Excellent economical service. The bus station is in the center of the Heathrow Terminal area and easy to walk to. Took taxis from the Southampton bus terminal to and from the ship for $5.00 each way. Saved $250 (for two of us) from what Princess wanted for their transfer service.

P

Petert

Thank you for the information cfrieday, but I think Jim has the information that I was looking for. I made the trip from Heathrow to London by taxi, and took the train to Harwich last year. It was a bit of a problem getting through the station in London, but we enjoyed the ride to Harwich. The National Express sounds like a great way to get to Dover without making any changes, and I am looking forward to seeing the countryside on the way. I wonder how you handled your baggage Jim, do they have a place on the coaches to stow your bags? Thanks for the information, we will be using this service and will order tickets in a few months.

Peter

N

n12290

Hi Peter,

Yes, the National Express buses have ample luggage space underneath the passenger compartment. There's not much space in the overheads inside the bus, but I did keep my brief case with me in the bus.
One advantage of National Express I didn't mention before is the mixing with the locals that occurs. To us, it's much more interesting than riding in a Princess coach with 36 other Yankees.

Jim

P

Petert

Thank you very much for the information Jim. I have used trains and busses in England a number of times, and like you, I enjoy traveling with the local people.

Peter

sam2000

Deck Crew
I am booked on a Celebrity cruise out of Dover, and am looking at transfer options. I will be arriving a couple days before embarkation, and will be taking the train or a bus to Dover. I have found a National Express schedule and wonder if anyone has experience with this service. Of particular concern is the baggage as we will have our cruise bags to transport. Thanks for any information

Check out this website it has train, bus and private car rates and details. An excellent site for travellers from London to Dover.

London Heathrow To / From Dover Cruise or Ferry Terminal By Bus, Train or Private Car, Van or Bus