Headed back to Alaska

PEB

Staff Captain
We have booked B2B on the Crown Princess to Alaska. This will be our 23rd and 24th cruises to Alaska so we do have a little familiarity with Alaska. It has just been a few years for our return.

kris10bo

Wow you are an expert. We have been once 25 years ago and are set to back in June. I have me, my husband, my 21 year old son, 19 year old son (all 3 are 6'7" and 320pds) and my 78 year old mom (5 time lung cancer survivor and this is her bucket list trip-she is in amazing shape). We are on an 8 day trip Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, CTA Fjord, Victoria and Ketchikan. Last time we went on our honeymoon we had a cruise bill of $27 (so we did nothing). We vowed to go back and my mom is so excited. I like to book locals for excursions. I know the men want to salmon fish one day. I would love to see orcas (got lucky last time). My boys would like an awesome hiking day (they love backpacking). My mom may want to step on a glacier. Any advice for where to do which or any local guides/ experiences you loved I would appreciate. Thank you so much for your help.

PEB

Staff Captain
Wow you are an expert. We have been once 25 years ago and are set to back in June. I have me, my husband, my 21 year old son, 19 year old son (all 3 are 6'7" and 320pds) and my 78 year old mom (5 time lung cancer survivor and this is her bucket list trip-she is in amazing shape). We are on an 8 day trip Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, CTA Fjord, Victoria and Ketchikan. Last time we went on our honeymoon we had a cruise bill of $27 (so we did nothing). We vowed to go back and my mom is so excited. I like to book locals for excursions. I know the men want to salmon fish one day. I would love to see orcas (got lucky last time). My boys would like an awesome hiking day (they love backpacking). My mom may want to step on a glacier. Any advice for where to do which or any local guides/ experiences you loved I would appreciate. Thank you so much for your help.
You can see Orca's anywhere along that route however Victoria and Sitka would be the most likely place. You can see humpbacks the whole trip if you are really looking. Always look for the spray for all whales. For Salmon fishing your best bet would be Ketchikan or Sitka. There are nice hiking places in all the Alaskan ports, however be aware there are moose and bears and some trails may shut down when they have been spotted. For your mom to step on a glacier I would suggest Juneau but to guarantee it I would take a helicopter trip to a glacier and that is expensive. She can get close in Juneau at the Mendenhall Glacier. I always find something new to see in every trip this trip we will just take it easy due to some medical problems that have hit me and my wife.