Has anyone here done naything with river cruises???

vmibill95

Does anyone have any experience with Avalon River Cruises??? They are owned by GLOBUS.

We are looking at returning to Europe in mid-late 2022. There are two options train or river cruise.

We're thinking river cruise.

cinogirl

Deck Crew
I only just saw this. Just this week I booked a package deal from Australia to Copenhagen which includes both an ocean cruise and an Avalon river cruise. I have read lots of reviews on Avalon and most are very positive.

Jackiel3290

Deck Crew
We have done one Viking on Rhine River. The service was incredible, never had a bad meal, the tour guides were great in each city. We enjoyed it thoroughly.

AZProser

I'm an agent with a travel company and can vouch that both Viking and Avalon are wonderful river cruise options. I'm saying this from my clients' feedback from numerous bookings. Viking is rated #1 in a lot of categories, and their pricing seems a tad lower (in general) than most other luxury river cruise lines. The hold times for Viking are much quicker than Avalon (in general), if that makes a difference for folks. Others to look at might be American Cruise Lines, and Uniworld, for river cruising.

joannd958

We did the Romantic Rhine with Avalon in April 2018. Fabulous trip! Food , tours, staff, staterooms- excellent. Do it! You won't be sorry.
We are now doing a Globus land tour in July to Poland and the Baltic States,